You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RustyOldFart

I'm buying back my tier 10 DD's so which one should I buy back first?

Which tier 10 DD should I buy back first?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which tier 10 DD should I buy back first?

• Gearing
    • Shimakaze

47 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles

I chose Gearing for more varied playstyle. I would have voted for "Why did you sell them in the first place" though.

• Cool 2

Members
3,783 posts

I was broke and needed the credits.  Kind of like real life when you go broke paying your bills and need money for food or other items you have to sell things lol.

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,599 posts
8,373 battles

Shimikaze, IMO is a one trick pony.  Great for clan battles where you can pre-balance a team with both sneaky torp boats, and gun-boat muscle, but not so much for randoms....

Go Gearing.

Members
3,783 posts
5 minutes ago, OtterWolf said:

Shimikaze, IMO is a one trick pony

Shimakaze is a tricky one to play especially if you get spotted.  Players like to focus fire the Shim for some reaons.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
2 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Shimakaze is a tricky one to play especially if you get spotted.  Players like to focus fire the Shim for some reaons.

There are 15 reasons

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
38 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The question in the title and the poll which one do you think?

Biased poll is biased; I wouldn't pick either one of those DDs as my first tier 10 buy back, and you've left a bunch of them off the list. Personally, I would go with either Grozovoi or Z-52; Shimy has been reduced to being a one trick pony (albeit it is a good trick) and Gearing has those crap gun arcs.

Members
3,783 posts
1 minute ago, Umikami said:

Biased poll is biased; I wouldn't pick either one of those DDs as my first tier 10 buy back, and you've left a bunch of them off the list. Personally, I would go with either Grozovoi or Z-52; Shimy has been reduced to being a one trick pony (albeit it is a good trick) and Gearing has those crap gun arcs.

Well sadly those are the only tier 10 DDs I have researched and available at this time.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Well sadly those are the only tier 10 DDs I have researched and available at this time.

While only having access to 10 K torps, Z-52 is easily in the competition for top spot among tier 10 DDs. Good guns with good arcs, good solid hitting torps, and hydro for covering your rear. No ship is perfect, but this one is nicely balanced and very predatory. 

Which DD of the two you mentioned should be re-bought is a decision which will be totally based on your style of play. If you're sneaky ... Shimy; if you're a brawler ... Gearing.

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

While only having access to 10 K torps, Z-52 is easily in the competition for top spot among tier 10 DDs. Good guns with good arcs, good solid hitting torps, and hydro for covering your rear. No ship is perfect, but this one is nicely balanced and very predatory. 

Which DD of the two you mentioned should be re-bought is a decision which will be totally based on your style of play. If you're sneaky ... Shimy; if you're a brawler ... Gearing.

I actually am more of a brawler which is why I fully enjoy playing the Akizuki, but in the same time having to be sneaky when necessary.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,737 posts
15,946 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

I actually am more of a brawler which is why I fully enjoy playing the Akizuki, but in the same time having to be sneaky when necessary.

Then you're definitely going to want Gearing, though after about 7 or 8 K her gun arcs make hitting anything with her dubious. Shimy is a stealth bandit that never wants to be seen, and only uses her guns in an emergency, like being spotted.

Members
3,783 posts
11 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Then you're definitely going to want Gearing, though after about 7 or 8 K her gun arcs make hitting anything with her dubious. Shimy is a stealth bandit that never wants to be seen, and only uses her guns in an emergency, like being spotted.

Which is exactly why I can't wait for Kitakaze and Haragumo to come out.

[DAKI]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,262 battles

Buy back Shima. Far far superior to Gearing if you know how to play her right

• Cool 1

[DRHS]
Members
324 posts
13,516 battles

52 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

Research Khabarovsk.  The best DD is the misclassified pyromaniac mini-cruiser!  

You do realize the Z-52 can out range the Khabarovsk, has better torps, better Concealment, Better guns, and only 1% less fire chance. No she does not have the 50mm plating and 2100 less HP but the concealment makes up for that. Khab has 2 more guns but slower ROF. And if your on the semi-suicidal side you can get her torp reload down to 57.8 seconds base and with a little damage and a certain skill it can get far lower. I'll admit I'm a little biased toward's the Z-52 though.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,270 posts
10,751 battles

*Opened thread to recommend the buffed Groz or Z-52.*

*Sees that the only options are Gearing and Shimakaze.*

Is there a “None of the above” option?

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
3 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

I would have voted for "Why did you sell them in the first place" though.

Some people don't have enough credits to keep their ships. I have so few credits that I can only afford to grind 1-3 lines at a time. 

[DANKY]
Members
726 posts
2,066 battles
12 minutes ago, BarronRichthofen said:

You do realize the Z-52 can out range the Khabarovsk, has better torps, better Concealment, Better guns, and only 1% less fire chance. No she does not have the 50mm plating and 2100 less HP but the concealment makes up for that. Khab has 2 more guns but slower ROF. And if your on the semi-suicidal side you can get her torp reload down to 57.8 seconds base and with a little damage and a certain skill it can get far lower. I'll admit I'm a little biased toward's the Z-52 though.

Yeah that's why I called it a mislabeled cruiser.  It's just a different boat than Z-52.  Khab is an area denial weapon that uses speed, fire and toughness to discourage pushes, herd reds and delete unwary stragglers.  Z-52 is the lurking bogeyman that keeps other capping boats awake at night. 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,703 posts
3,895 battles
3 hours ago, torpsRus said:

Just give up on them and work towards Khabarovsk, the only destroyer whose playstyle WG thinks is acceptable because it doesn't rely on stealth. Just its lulzy heavy cruiser armor.

• Cool 1

Members
3,783 posts
35 minutes ago, Eugenie_101 said:

Yeah that's why I called it a mislabeled cruiser.

Thought that about the Tashkent lol.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Some people don't have enough credits to keep their ships. I have so few credits that I can only afford to grind 1-3 lines at a time. 

I can understand that. Most people have credit issues. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to sell off an extremely expensive ship, almost 20 million credits without any extra modules you might want, when you can just earn the credits playing. Or contribute to the game and buy a premium that is a good credit earner.

Beta Testers
718 posts
9,300 battles
5 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

There are 15 reasons

What? Slow torps that can be seen from the previous match with a huge spread that will miss a BB broadside at range?

Seems like there are always more dangerous targets.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,763 posts
2,672 battles
17 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

I can understand that. Most people have credit issues. But it doesn't make a lot of sense to me to sell off an extremely expensive ship, almost 20 million credits without any extra modules you might want, when you can just earn the credits playing. Or contribute to the game and buy a premium that is a good credit earner.

People get themselves in money problems all the time.  Even digital money.