Sign in to follow this  
lewellenfawr

Fail to desktop with Nari

16 comments in this topic

[DEPVE]
Members
181 posts
11,109 battles

In the past three games with the new OP Nari, I experienced a complete and sudden failure to the desktop during the final battle in the enemy base. All else in the game seems normal. This is a new development. I play on a high-end Mac. Has anyone else experienced this?

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
Just now, Belthorian said:

You play on a MAC.....Found the problem!!!!   hehehehehe

Some Macs have enough power to make your gaming PCs look like a Child’s toy...

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Some Macs have enough power to make your gaming PCs look like a Child’s toy...

Pfft...not a chance. When it comes to Mac's the phrase you can't polish a turd comes to mind.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles

Does the Mac Pro with 12 cores mean anything to you? Lol lot of power for a such a compact size.

[DEPVE]
Members
181 posts
11,109 battles
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Pfft...not a chance. When it comes to Mac's the phrase you can't polish a turd comes to mind.

My point is that for all other operations and aspects of the game I'm fine. With the new revamped Nari I get sudden fails to the Desktop. These fails have occurred at the same place... in the end game in the  Red water base.

Oh... BTW in the 70's I used to live in Mt Airy and I know the Fredrick area well. Its a beautiful part of the State.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Does the Mac Pro with 12 cores mean anything to you? Lol lot of power for a such a compact size.

In reality I know Mac's are great machines........it is just fun to tease. Kinda like I love teasing console games on various forums about the PC Master race. My "Character" I play is this stupidly rich guy who has a 30k gaming PC and won't even let a console in the house because they have substandard hardware. It is SOOOOOOOOOO over the top you would think they would pick up on the fact that it is just an elaborate troll. They never do....which is even funner. My mythical uber PC has 128 gig of ram, someone asked my why on earth I would put that much ram in my system when all I do is play games. My answer was simple....because I can. This dude went ballistic and had a three page rant....it was hilarious. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
2 hours ago, lewellenfawr said:

My point is that for all other operations and aspects of the game I'm fine. With the new revamped Nari I get sudden fails to the Desktop. These fails have occurred at the same place... in the end game in the  Red water base.

Oh... BTW in the 70's I used to live in Mt Airy and I know the Fredrick area well. Its a beautiful part of the State.

lol My sister in law lives there but I am willing to be Mt. Airy is not the place you remember lol.

[DEPVE]
Members
181 posts
11,109 battles
3 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

lol My sister in law lives there but I am willing to be Mt. Airy is not the place you remember lol.

When I was there the town was very small... Farmers and Mechanics was the Bank. Lots of Dairy farming. Some Mennonites... not the old school ones lived on the adjacent farm. The raised Hogs and had Dairy. The Hogs stunk when the wind changed direction. They showed me how they slaughtered them. Not pretty. An old man who was my neighbor showed me how to stretch and fix barbed wire fences. A winery had just begun operations on the hill to the west of my little house. It took about 90 minutes for me to commute (drive) into DC. On the weekend I would unplug the clock and live by the sun. With a couple of buddies, we would set up targets and go plinking. As I recall they were just finishing a small mall on the south side of town. Actually, it was a bit of paradise. The song "Country Roads" would run thru my head as I would head back to the Farm.

Thanks for the trip to memory lane.

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
33 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

In reality I know Mac's are great machines........it is just fun to tease. Kinda like I love teasing console games on various forums about the PC Master race. My "Character" I play is this stupidly rich guy who has a 30k gaming PC and won't even let a console in the house because they have substandard hardware. It is SOOOOOOOOOO over the top you would think they would pick up on the fact that it is just an elaborate troll. They never do....which is even funner. My mythical uber PC has 128 gig of ram, someone asked my why on earth I would put that much ram in my system when all I do is play games. My answer was simple....because I can. This dude went ballistic and had a three page rant....it was hilarious. 

Oh I see lol. I just like Mac because I grew up using them, although did use PC some as well. I like how reliable Macs are so that if I need to work on something I know it will be there for me instead of 2 days to get a patch from tech support for a PC like what happened to me before lol. Also very helpful with the higher levels of chess I can play at to have intuitive non obtrusive system to practice on so that my concentration is no time broken if I happen to be thinking 20-30 moves ahead.

I am not however as opposed to using various things if they can have proven track record for working. Can’t believe a guy would be crazy enough to spend $30,000 on a gaming rig and hate console that much lol. You should try mentioning to the guy that a true gamer is not opposed to ATARI... :Smile_teethhappy:

I also defend Mac against those who say it is worthless, because I have seen what they can do in proffesional fields and graphics that are amazing and not only running 1 program, but multiple graphics programs when they are working on their projects. When you have something that works reliably long term, seems a shame to see people be negative towards them.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
40 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Oh I see lol. I just like Mac because I grew up using them, although did use PC some as well. I like how reliable Macs are so that if I need to work on something I know it will be there for me instead of 2 days to get a patch from tech support for a PC like what happened to me before lol. Also very helpful with the higher levels of chess I can play at to have intuitive non obtrusive system to practice on so that my concentration is no time broken if I happen to be thinking 20-30 moves ahead.

I am not however as opposed to using various things if they can have proven track record for working. Can’t believe a guy would be crazy enough to spend $30,000 on a gaming rig and hate console that much lol. You should try mentioning to the guy that a true gamer is not opposed to ATARI... :Smile_teethhappy:

I also defend Mac against those who say it is worthless, because I have seen what they can do in proffesional fields and graphics that are amazing and not only running 1 program, but multiple graphics programs when they are working on their projects. When you have something that works reliably long term, seems a shame to see people be negative towards them.

lol I have fun calling console games console peasants and act that the only people who game on consoles are people who can't afford a proper gaming PC. That really drives them into a fury lol. I tell them that if they just saved $50 a month from their government checks they could afford a good gaming PC in two or three years lol. 

It is funny I was trying to take it so far over the top to give it away that I was trolling, I told the guy I had two PlayStation 4's but I used them as a computer stand to keep my gaming rig off the floor.........He still didn't get it lol. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
45 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Also I agree with you that from a software standpoint, Operating System and software Mac's are far superior to PC's. My uncle ran a printing business adn they did all their work on Mac's.

[ENCOM]
Members
10 posts
11,097 battles

I and a div mare also had a crash loading into Nari, had to restart. Do not appreciate being penalised for unsportsman like conduct over  a glitch I have no control over.

Andy

Members
62 posts
3,076 battles

I am having the same problem. Crashes every time. Also crashes if I try to rejoin. Game runs fine on my machine otherwise. Although it is crashier than other games. This is clearly a code problem with this operation.

scenario-crash.jpg

[HDR]
[HDR]
Members
91 posts
2,007 battles

Same for me.  I run on a Late 2013  MPB that ive upgraded the ram and put an SSD in.  Narai crashes....EVERY...time.  Or multiple times a game.  Often freezing the computer to the point i have to hold power off to shut the thing off and restart.

Sign in to follow this