Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
wtfovr

What's this copper currency?

35 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

The 0.7.8 public test notification post lists copper as a currency.  Anyone know what copper is going to be used for?

Edited by wtfovr

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,242 posts
15,036 battles

It looks like a new Resource for the Arsenal, like coal and steel.

If you gain 1st Rank, you will receive a new resource for the Arsenal of the Public Test—Copper. On the Public Test server only, you will be able to exchange Copper for new permanent camouflage patterns for Tier VIII ships: Z-23—The Last Conquest and Edinburgh—Arctic.

Source:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/bulletin-078/

Edited by Tpaktop2_1
  • Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,005 posts
7,636 battles

I think it will be a dedicated resource to get special camo. Since the patch stated that we will be able to buy unique camo for Z23 and Edin with copper

Edited by KAGA_kaini

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,272 battles
17 minutes ago, KAGA_kaini said:

I think it will be a dedicated resource to get special camo.

I think this is the only item announced at this point, and if I'm not mistaken, it's only on the Public Test server for now.  They may just be testing something and it ends up we use copper to buy something entirely different.  No real way to know at this point unless you happen to be on the WG payroll.

-R

[-K-]
Members
6,253 posts
10,463 battles

More interested to know what the new signal flags will do.....

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles

One more Currency (Something I was concerned WG would do when coal came out:Smile_facepalm:), new Signal Flags and Dasha as a Captain and as a Patch.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,439 posts
20,366 battles
19 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

One more Currency (Something I was concerned WG would do when coal came out:Smile_facepalm:), new Signal Flags and Dasha as a Captain and as a Patch.

I was worried as well, just too much going on in that department and it is turning into a mess. I have half a billion credits, 17k in doubloons, 80k in coal, 700k in Free XP and absolutely nothing that I want to use any of those currencies on. Lets just add another worthless currency to the game, maybe several more just to make it more annoying. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
12 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was worried as well, just too much going on in that department and it is turning into a mess. I have half a billion credits, 17k in doubloons, 80k in coal, 700k in Free XP and absolutely nothing that I want to use any of those currencies on. Lets just add another worthless currency to the game, maybe several more just to make it more annoying. 

Yeah I have seen SO, SO many game companies do this and it just leads to confusion and leads to players quitting in frustration.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,741 posts
2,655 battles
7 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yeah I have seen SO, SO many game companies do this and it just leads to confusion and leads to players quitting in frustration.

Many choices are good.

Too many choices are bad.

It seems to me that WOWS is good because of ships.  Buying ships, upgrading ships, grinding ships.  Then switching to new ships.

More new currencies appears like a trip off of the path.

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
Just now, DrHolmes52 said:

More new currencies appears like a trip off of the path.

Yup, but hey we are getting Dasha as a Captain!:Smile_honoring:

[WOLFG]
Members
4,741 posts
2,655 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Yup, but hey we are getting Dasha as a Captain!:Smile_honoring:

I was only talking about currencies.

Some new features are always nice.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,466 battles

How many currencies do we intend to have? Doubloons, XP, Oil, Coal, Steel, Copper... etc etc etc....  I'm sorry, I think we're getting a bit out of hand... can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me something to spend the almost BILLION credits I have built up, or the 50000+ OIL my clan has built up in our maxed out port before I start collecting ANOTHER currency?

• Cool 1

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles
50 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

Let's see what we are up to now.

We now have XP, free XP, credits, doubloons, coal, steel, oil, copper, and "rumor" molybdenum.

Seems simple enough for retaining new players...........:Smile_sceptic:.

GG WG.

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I was only talking about currencies.

Some new features are always nice.

Yeah, I guess we are getting the other Lady (Alena) as well as a patch.

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

How many currencies do we intend to have? Doubloons, XP, Oil, Coal, Steel, Copper... etc etc etc....  I'm sorry, I think we're getting a bit out of hand... can we PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me something to spend the almost BILLION credits I have built up, or the 50000+ OIL my clan has built up in our maxed out port before I start collecting ANOTHER currency?

No crap, I plus1 you good sir, agree with all.

• Cool 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
4 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Just now, IronMike11C4O said:

No crap, I plus1 you good sir, agree with all.

Well all you with extra billion credits please send it to Chaos_EN2@brokeport.com

:cap_haloween:LOL:cap_haloween:

BUT WG should let us use the credits for more stuff!!!

• Cool 2

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
5 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

Seems simple enough for retaining new players...........:Smile_sceptic:.

I think Wargaming LIKES to lose players all three of the persons I got started in this game have quit.:Smile_facepalm:

For various reasons, but what the heck the next boat load of new players is just around the corner.

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well all you with extra billion credits please send it to Chaos_EN2@brokeport.com

They should have a 1Billion credit premium, also if I could give away credits Chaos I would trust me on that.

• Cool 1

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

I have told my clan mates SO MANY times I wish I could give them my credits and XP and Capt XP....  I mean I have almost 3 million Capt XP, I have about 5 million(maybe more) free XP.... I have all the tier X's...  I free XP up every line and play like 10-15 battles in each tier buying every ship cause ya know.... credits....  This is so dumb....

• Cool 1

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

I think Wargaming LIKES to lose players all three of the persons I got started in this game have quit.:Smile_facepalm:

For various reasons, but what the heck the next boat load of new players is just around the corner.

That has been my experience as well. I don't even bother anymore getting RL friends into the game. They get to tier 6 and realize how effed up the MM is and a bunch of other poor business stuff and move on.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,466 battles
6 minutes ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

4 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

That has been my experience as well. I don't even bother anymore getting RL friends into the game. They get to tier 6 and realize how effed up the MM is and a bunch of other poor business stuff and move on.

I don't think this is the case, TBH, I have been playing since the early Alpha days, and have NOT lost interest... Some of the stuff they have added has kind of made me worry... like ship re-rolls instead of using the RIDICULOUSLY LARGE amount of content still out there.... like the re-roll ships(IE: Helena=Boise=other Boise or the Kamikaze=Kamikaze R=Fujin)

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11C4O said:

Well I still post on social media my bring a friend, BUT most gamers that I have chatted with have a poor opinion of Wargaming and most of it comings from experience from WoT

• Cool 1

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
583 posts
6,415 battles

Definitely starting to look like WG doesn't like the amount of silver in circulation, so they're making new currencies for the consumer to buy.  Sad to see them making this mistake on top of an old one.

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
Just now, Hapa_Fodder said:

I don't think this is the case, TBH, I have been playing since the early Alpha days, and have NOT lost interest... Some of the stuff they have added has kind of made me worry... like ship re-rolls instead of using the RIDICULOUSLY LARGE amount of content still out there.... like the re-roll ships(IE: Helena=Boise=other Boise)

I keep at it for my own reasons I have 17K battles on my alt account. But with the way perma camis are handled without compensation when they nerf ships just cost my clan and the game 3 players. Fraud is something that pisses Military veterans off so they left the game and moved on.

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,466 battles
1 minute ago, IronMike11C4O said:

I keep at it for my own reasons I have 17K battles on my alt account. But with the way perma camis are handled without compensation when they nerf ships just cost my clan and the game 3 players. Fraud is something that pisses Military veterans off so they left the game and moved on.

Fraud?  I am a retired Navy Vet (as of today actually), but not entirely sure what you're talking bout.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this