Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aurora_7

Beat a Missouri with my Myoko!

10 comments in this topic

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,772 battles

He just crept from around an island about 3km from me as I was burning. Just luck that he was in perfect position for my torpedo barrage. 

Don't care if it was luck, I'm owning it! My flaming Myoko, took out a full health Missouri!

If you look at my stats you'll see the reason for my excitement. I have little to crow about.

• Cool 3

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,691 battles

Congrats! 

I really liked the Myoko, its a good ship! 

Its frequently better to be lucky than good. 

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
14 minutes ago, Aurora_7 said:

He just crept from around an island about 3km from me as I was burning. Just luck that he was in perfect position for my torpedo barrage. 

Don't care if it was luck, I'm owning it! My flaming Myoko, took out a full health Missouri!

If you look at my stats you'll see the reason for my excitement. I have little to crow about.

Congrats Captain :Smile_honoring:

お祝いキャプテン Oiwai kyaputen :Smile_honoring:

[TBOW]
Members
1,798 posts
12,232 battles

Myoko, Mogami, Takao/Atago are good cruisers.  Between the HE Spam and Torps you can do a lot.  Congrats on the Mo Kill!!

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles

Congratulations! And often times pulling off such an attack takes skill and not just luck. :Smile_Default:

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,772 battles

Thanks, cyber sailors. 

I do love the Myoko the most of all the cruisers I've had so far and decided not to leap frog so much on getting new ships and ship types and just to try to max my performance with her. I just got her C hull and now I'll tweak the captain's training for optimization. 

I find it easy to forget she's not a battleship and as such does not have the armor of a BB (this happens often after I've just sailed a few rounds with my Bretagne) and still make the same mistake to often of getting myself isolated and become a shooting gallery for two or more enemy BBs. 

[RLGN]
Members
10,358 posts
19,660 battles
1 hour ago, Aurora_7 said:

GJ!

Unfortunately, Myoko is yet another supposedly great mid-upper tier cruiser that completely confounds me.

Have I had good games in them? Certainly; especially the East German night club colored ones; but do so regularly? The whole snipe HE and fade thing they share with Atago/Takao just escapes my understanding...

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,772 battles
27 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Do I hear maybe a Tier 8 DD calling your name?

Oh, we've met on occasion with results that still wake me at night.

One thing about the Myoko, that long sleek look is nice to look at but It's not easy to wield if the torpedoes heading your way are close. 

Edited by Aurora_7
grammar

Sign in to follow this