Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Wayne1955

Inactivity in Battle Penalty

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1
[GOSF]
Members
1 post
4,247 battles

Getting this really sucks, I just entered a battle when our power went out for 4 hrs. I come back into the game to find I have a """"WARNING FOR UNSPORTING CONDUCT""" and  3 games Penalty for inactivity and Quitting a battle early. This doesn't endear one to keep playing the game.:Smile_playing:

  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,528
[HINON]
Members
10,772 posts

Honestly pink is just a warning since the game has no way to know why someone disconnected. Its only a problem if you have chronic connection issues.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,284
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,483 posts
15,370 battles

@Wayne1955 Did anyone need an ambulance ride or intensive care because you received the same warning message and pink label that any of us would and do often receive? I suspect the Answer is NO! Play off the pink and get on with your real life. If you must about this then direct it to your power supplier since WG has no control over their issues.

Oh yea please Use Red Text Often! We all love to see a colorful Rant over nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,325
[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles

This is the rule.  It was made to prevent people from intentionally leaving the game because they don't like the setup.  There is no way to know why someone exited early. 

Going pink does nothing unless it happens a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58
[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
195 posts
3,766 battles

I swear in two separate games last night, someone abandoned their ships since they didn't move at as I and another pounded them.

I had my own house internet drop for a few seconds, break my connection while just starting around and by the time I got back in, I was brought back in the same round with my ship already sunk but I did not get a warning message from the game.

Can the system tell the difference from a drop to a player just quiting? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Community Department
2,590 posts
771 battles
5 hours ago, Wayne1955 said:

Getting this really sucks, I just entered a battle when our power went out for 4 hrs. I come back into the game to find I have a """"WARNING FOR UNSPORTING CONDUCT""" and  3 games Penalty for inactivity and Quitting a battle early. This doesn't endear one to keep playing the game.:Smile_playing:

3 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

This is the rule.  It was made to prevent people from intentionally leaving the game because they don't like the setup.  There is no way to know why someone exited early. 

Going pink does nothing unless it happens a lot.

That's right. Nobody can have penalty for single quit. Only maintenance could be a respectful reason not to be punished. 

3 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

I swear in two separate games last night, someone abandoned their ships since they didn't move at as I and another pounded them.

I had my own house internet drop for a few seconds, break my connection while just starting around and by the time I got back in, I was brought back in the same round with my ship already sunk but I did not get a warning message from the game.

Can the system tell the difference from a drop to a player just quiting? 

If you come back to battle you'll not receive penalty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
351
[POP]
Members
964 posts
11,345 battles

The power went out during a game and i was disconnected. My discord connected and my div mate told me he tried to keep me alive but i died a horrible death.

I didnt get pink or a warning even though i connected after the game finished

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
935
[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
9,196 battles

I think it's a matter of wording that upsets people. Fire at a player intentionally..thats "unsporting conduct"....getting disconnected by a power outage is in no way "unsporting". People don't like getting called names.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,325
[WOLFG]
Members
4,742 posts
2,655 battles
3 hours ago, Aurora_7 said:

I swear in two separate games last night, someone abandoned their ships since they didn't move at as I and another pounded them.

I had my own house internet drop for a few seconds, break my connection while just starting around and by the time I got back in, I was brought back in the same round with my ship already sunk but I did not get a warning message from the game.

Can the system tell the difference from a drop to a player just quiting? 

I do not believe the system can.  You just disappeared to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3 posts
2,327 battles

i keep getting disconnected almost every time i have a cable modem and no problems with it also no problems when i play ui just against other players think it is hacked

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×