Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Gearheads, Aircraft, Carbon Fiber, Turbines

4 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,145 posts

First, I can't believe this guy has ~20K subscribers. I thought he'd have a few hundred thousand if not more. 

I started watching it yesterday because I do like bush aircraft so this came up as one of those "you might like" videos. Me likey.

This guy has an incredible array of skills that well, you have to see to believe. He's also smart and knows when to reach out to others. The plane, well as far as my opinion, is a new favorite aircraft of mine. I cannot imagine the joy of flying this thing. It's a great little series full of knowledge and skill worth having really, even if you'll never use it. 

It's good to know how things are done. So I recommend the whole series.

Here's a video with the final product in it... a stunning aircraft, absolutely stunning. 

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,608 battles

That thing is/was at Oshkosh this week. I usually go every year but it's a freaking zoo these days. I don't need to be in the middle of 500,000+ people over the course of a week.

And I'd love a lycoming powered Wilga, it's got enough performance for the type of flying I do without needing a gas-turbine with 4 giant paddle-lookin propeller blades on it. Visibility out of it is insane too.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,145 posts

Oshkosh it's grown to be that large? Wow... don't blame ya for not attending...

Amazing to me is the technology available to the regular guy aviation buff these days... somewhere in the line of videos he mentions the new power plant is like 350 lbs or some such lighter than the lycoming with what, almost double the shaft horsepower... it's pretty much insane. His mods are extensive and have a very high drool factor. :cap_haloween:

I guess gone are the days of ultralights for a couple thousand, eh? 

Sign in to follow this