You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Joyous_Vibes

Ah. the life of a DD...

35 comments in this topic

[PHASE]
Members
6,136 posts
19,432 battles

Ok guys I'll smoke you (far enough back where it is effective) and then spot for you.

Gunfight another dd, dodge radar and hydro....

get the cap, tell the team where you will smoke them next while still running blocker as 7 ships follow you

Re smoke team as a bogie appears, and keep him spotted.

Push forward, keep a full eye on the horizon.....

Hit a torp or two... 

cap another base

Spot some more...and the game ends... Everyone Congrats the Hindenburg on his 45k kraken, great game..... You wait for it, that one compliment....after you leave the game.... and it isn't there...

See the source image

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,528 battles

Maybe you can build a computer that gives you a pat on the back when you do well.

[PHASE]
Members
6,136 posts
19,432 battles
Just now, Captain_Dorja said:

Maybe you can build a computer that gives you a pat on the back when you do well.

or maybe a sense of humor.

• Cool 2

[RMRGD]
Members
452 posts
21,497 battles

This is a mid tier version

1. Push caps at start
  2. Drop smoke but stay out of it...  
  3. Let enemy drop torps at smoke
  4. Spot him... impending gunfight ensues
  5. Battleships finally catch up, maybe some of the purposely slow cruisers
  6. Drop smoke for friendly cruisers
  7. They do not understand gun ranges inside smoke.   They get spotted band focused on
  8. Drop smoke for a friendly BB so they can heal
  9. They do not understand gun ranges inside smoke.   They burn to death
  10. continue to try and cap
  11. Help spot and carry team
  12. Give up on helping others as frustration kicks in
  13. laugh when chat explode with salt and blame game

I have pretty equal parts DD, CA, BB skill.   But hands down DDs carry or break the game.   Its that way in ranked, a good portion in clan battles, and randoms as well.  So hats off to all DD mains out there

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
4,447 posts
15,465 battles

I don't do anything anymore, as soon as I see the BBs sit back, i sit behind them and let them cry about me not scouting or capping, or anything .. I am absolutely done playing for the team,  I am going to sit back and do absolutely NOTHING for my team in most matches,    I am just going to mine salt .

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,398 posts
10,195 battles

Welcome to the thankless "job" that is #DDLife

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
631 posts
5,967 battles
23 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Ok guys I'll smoke you (far enough back where it is effective) and then spot for you.

Gunfight another dd, dodge radar and hydro....

get the cap, tell the team where you will smoke them next while still running blocker as 7 ships follow you

Re smoke team as a bogie appears, and keep him spotted.

Push forward, keep a full eye on the horizon.....

Hit a torp or two... 

cap another base

Spot some more...and the game ends... Everyone Congrats the Hindenburg on his 45k kraken, great game..... You wait for it, that one compliment....after you leave the game.... and it isn't there...

See the source image

Sometimes being a humble player is a good thing. If you helped your team win but didn't get kraken that's ok, just know you played correctly and go on to the next game.

• Cool 1

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
7,528 battles
25 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Think that's bad?  My entire team died in ranked and I ended up defending 2 caps by myself in my DD and got a solo warrior in a 1 vs 5 situation.

0 compliments.

• Cool 1

[PHASE]
Members
6,136 posts
19,432 battles
Just now, _MiDKnighTx_ said:

Think that's bad?  My entire team died in ranked and I ended up defending 2 caps by myself in my DD and got a solo warrior in a 1 vs 5 situation.

0 compliments.

that is so epically bad, that it is epic again... lols +1 for that game.

Members
741 posts
2,806 battles
27 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

In the words of DD player you were doing your job and being a team player that's all that matters.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,477 posts
13,843 battles

Z-52.

There are 5 red cruisers, a Donskoi, Moskva, Baltimore, Cleveland and Minotaur. At least 4 have radar.

A cyclone descends.

What a joke.

[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles

I got raged at yesterday by a cruiser begging for smoke, I told him it was on cooldown, by the time it was up and as I popped it he got last hit killed. he then tells me how I suck because I can't force a cooldown faster I guess. 

• Boring 1

[KAG]
Members
437 posts
21,927 battles

You, my good sir have  just been inducted into the DD Mafia with that speech.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles

I know that I don't recognize good DD work or anyone's work for that matter as often as I should but I do appreciate it because it can and is often the difference in winning or losing. However, an even more thankless job is CV. If you are good you are hated and if you are not you are still hated.

• Cool 1

[DBM]
Members
527 posts
8,531 battles
19 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The real life of a DD,

Amen, brother!  I'm, in Tier IX USN and IJN dds and I find myself running from radar cruisers as I scream for help from my team (this is AFTER I request that they look out for the very cruisers at the beginning of the game, I point them out when I spot them, and I request fire as I'm running).

Unless as a player you've played dds, you don't realize how crucial they are to winning the game.  Most Random players just look at them as annoying little ships that need to be taken out early so that the "big boys" can slug it out with each other.

If players bothered themselves with a little knowledge, like history, they would see how much good dd tactics can influence a battle.  If they even watched a few videos, they would see that too. 

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The real life of a DD,

tumblr_m2qp8aA9Tt1qzrlhgo1_500.jpg

Except the t-rex can't see you if you sit still ...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
1 minute ago, w4spl3g said:

Except the t-rex can't see you if you sit still ...

Yeah but he can probably smell you.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah but he can probably smell you.

Change my litter?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
Just now, w4spl3g said:

Change my litter?

NO! I will not it should last for at least a month you filthy animal!

:Smile-_tongue:

Members
84 posts
2,760 battles

The worst part is that just as I start to type a compliment at the end of a match it's already frozen on the end-of-match screen and headed to the results screen. There's no lag time to push a compliment through.

I'd send a PM in game to compliment for some o' you folks have names that are so hard to remember due to either length or spelling and unfortunately, I haven't been issued a photographic memory thanks to supply depot not getting enough in their delivery. :cap_wander_2:

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

NO! I will not it should last for at least a month you filthy animal!

:Smile-_tongue:

It's all fun and games until someone [edited] on the rug :cap_haloween:

Disclaimer: This post is inspired by real life events. The perpetrator shall remain nameless to protect the guilty.

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
4 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

It's all fun and games until someone [edited] on the rug :cap_haloween:

Disclaimer: This post is inspired by real life events. The perpetrator shall remain nameless to protect the guilty.

Go and do your business outside.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
266 posts
6,696 battles
8 minutes ago, Tecelote said:

The worst part is that just as I start to type a compliment at the end of a match it's already frozen on the end-of-match screen and headed to the results screen. There's no lag time to push a compliment through.

I'd send a PM in game to compliment for some o' you folks have names that are so hard to remember due to either length or spelling and unfortunately, I haven't been issued a photographic memory thanks to supply depot not getting enough in their delivery. :cap_wander_2:

He means the in-game compliment feature, where you right-click their name > Compliment > [select compliment of your choice].