Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
guns_at_last_light

Which ships shine the most with a 19 pt captain?

11 comments in this topic

Members
653 posts

I have 19-pt captains running on the Shimakaze, Z-46, and Gearing, and am looking for suggestions on which captain to train up next. 

Here's where I'm at now:

• 17 pts: Seattle, Dm. Donskoi
  • 16 pts: Des Moines, NC, Neptune, Bismarck
  • 15 pts: Mogami, Amagi, Hsienyang, Kiev
  • 14 pts: Roon, Akizuki

I'm ultimately gunning for more T10s than the Shima, Gearing, and Des Moines, and am not entirely sure which ships I'll want to play the most. With this in mind, what ship really needs a 19 pt captain to be truly fun?

[SHEEP]
Members
216 posts
4,319 battles

Destroyers are particularly needy, battleships only typically only need 10 or 12,  secondary builds need a bare minimum of 14 but 18 is suggested. High tier cruiser need 13 or 17 for light cruisers as you’ll want superintendent for heals on top of de and possibly ifhe. CVs only 11, except lex+ which also needs concealment. DDs are most in need since you’ll want SE, and probably something from torp reload, bft, de, or si. The must have skills are not mentioned but if you don’t know where they are, I suggest you press the gitgud button, it can be found letter by letter on the wiki

Edited by Q___________Q

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
11,146 posts

What ya gotta consider is time/effort versus reward. You touched on an important point - "gunning for more than these ships". 

If you like BB the rest of the German line is much more fun than the uphill climb in the USN (personal experience). I like the Moskva a whole lot.  See Zoup's review of the "wooster", you may want to grind the Seattle. 

The time thing is just the last two points from 17 to 19 can be a bloody awful grind. I'd pick one of the cruisers closest to t10 and grind that ship to it's final conclusion.

Variety suggests you choose a BB line and grind it up to 19. I personally found the German BB line more fun to grind up than either the USN or IJN. 

[RKLES]
Members
11,803 posts
13,398 battles

Bismarck with 19 point Captain is amazing, have heard some of the German BBs can be a bit cranky without a 19 point Captain, but with such a Captain they really perform well for you. And have found this to be the case.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,518 battles

i'm biased to 

Atlanta(depends on your selection range of gun options and HP) and Tirpitz (secondary guns options, range and dispersion ...unbelievable if you seen her with those 2nd shooting at you at 9k) dear GOD...you need more than fire control to help you.  

[RKLES]
Members
11,803 posts
13,398 battles
2 minutes ago, Q___________Q said:

Destroyers are particularly needy, battleships only typically only need 10 or 12,  secondary builds need a bare minimum of 14 but 18 is suggested. High tier cruiser need 13 or 17 for light cruisers as you’ll want superintendent for heals on top of de and possibly ifhe. CVs only 11, except lex+ which also needs concealment. DDs are most in need since you’ll want SE, and probably something from torp reload, bft, de, or si. The must have skills are not mentioned but if you don’t know where they are, I suggest you press the gitgud button, it can be found letter by letter on the wiki

Depends on the Destroyer actually, since IJN Torp Destroyer Line can easily make do with 10 to 12 point captains. It’s when you get into gun boat DDs that the builds get more complicated.

Members
2,840 posts
8,602 battles
  • Ghostdog here. You guys are either going to laugh, analyze, talk crap or applaud depending on your own experience.
  • Italian BB Cesare. Dances like a ballerina. The only BB I'll chase DDs with, Ship is awesome for my play style. Hits hard and moves. I'd ask her for a date but my my wife would get suspicious from the oil and cordite stains.
  • Kongo. Cant go wrong with her. Good 5 tier ship. Tough for IJIN. Get the right captain set up and I'd take her into any battle even tier 7. My best win ratio ship.
  • Krasny Kreme. I know the most maligned and pathetic ship ever sold. I bought it when it first came out and it sucked bad. I sold it for a peanut butter sandwich and diet coke. Bought it again for some challenge we had and I had to have a Russian cruiser. I bought it again.Watched this video on how to use it. Turned that B(*)ch into a fire breathing little dragon. Hard and fun to play at the same time. I enjoy that ship because I either get smoked right off the bat or look like I actually know what I'm doing.

Anyways that's mine.

•  
  • th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pid

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

GK 19 pt

Bis 19 pt

Fiji 19 pt

Amagi 19 pt

DM 19 pt

Sharn 19 pt

Hindy 19 pt

Conq 19 pt

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
1 hour ago, guns_at_last_light said:

I have 19-pt captains running on the Shimakaze, Z-46, and Gearing, and am looking for suggestions on which captain to train up next. 

Here's where I'm at now:

• 17 pts: Seattle, Dm. Donskoi
  • 16 pts: Des Moines, NC, Neptune, Bismarck
  • 15 pts: Mogami, Amagi, Hsienyang, Kiev
  • 14 pts: Roon, Akizuki

I'm ultimately gunning for more T10s than the Shima, Gearing, and Des Moines, and am not entirely sure which ships I'll want to play the most. With this in mind, what ship really needs a 19 pt captain to be truly fun?

Akizuki requires a 19 point captain and its sisters will too. However, no one can answer this question but you.

Sign in to follow this