You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LittleWhiteMouse

Community Contributor Container Co-Op Code Contest (July 2018)

83 comments in this topic

[WG-CC] LittleWhiteMouse 21,650
8,566 posts
7,138 battles
Posted (edited)

August 6th, 2018

Thank you all for participating. 
This contest is now closed!

Here are your winners (now with correct name spellings):

1. 35 Hits - Euan_Huzarmy with Derzki
  2. 31 Hits - Penguinsstar with Derzki (better name breaking the tie!)
  3. 31 Hits - MisawaMahoKodomo with Hakuryu
  4. 29 Hits - BattleshipKurfurst with Derzki
  5. 27 Hits - Kuscheln with Derzki (with 9 gun hits)

Please check your private messages on the board where you placed your entry (Reddit or the Forums) for your winning code.

If you have any questions about this contest, please send me a private message!

It's time to give away the last of my July Community Contributor codes.  Here's the challenge:

Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 players who score the most torpedo hits in a single Co-Op battle. 
Ties will be broken by whoever has scored the most main battery and secondary hits combined.
If it's still a tie, then I will pick the winner based on how cool their username is.

RULES:

• This contest is open to the following regions:  NA, EU, SEA, RU
  • This is for CO-OP Battles only.
  • ANY ship may be used.  Yes, even your aircraft carriers.  If you want to try this with a ship without torpedoes, good luck to you!
  • Players may enter as often as they wish in as many categories as they wish. However, they may only win once.
  • Entries must be submitted to the link for this article on Reddit or the World of Warships NA Forum.  (Links provided)
  • For an entry to be valid, all four results-screens screenshots for the given match must be submitted.  I reserve the right to disqualify any results that look dubious.  No cheating.
  • All games played must be timestamped within the contest-dates (July 31st, 2018 to August 5th, 2018).  Make sure the date and time is visible upon the first page of the screenshots.
  • Judging will occur on Monday, August 6th, whenever I get my butt out of bed and turn on a computer.
  • Each of the five winners will receive a code redeemable for one (1) July Community Contributor crate.  Note that players may only redeem one (1) Community Contributor crate code from a given month.  This is for a JULY code so if you already won one, you can't redeem another.  You could give it away to someone else, though.  It's yours to do with as you please.
isLOQaA.jpg
Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 11

[DAKI] Your_RNG_Score 116
215 posts
8,081 battles

Nice I wished to see more of this :D

[CRF] sonoasailor 5
25 posts
3,218 battles

Very nice gesture to those of us who play mostly Co-op - thank you!  Just hope I can do as well in battles for this as I did last night and the night before!  Nothing like coming out of the enemy smokescreen and finding a bot BB right there on the other side with a second one about 1 km behind it  ! A very tasty surprise...

356 posts
5,188 battles

yeah, finally something for co-op players ^_^ 

89 posts
3,037 battles
Posted (edited)

Dispite being woefully unprepared for this, I must continue establishing a tradition.

Wonder what the best ship for this challenge could be...

I thought that it might be the Monhagan, but the torps simply do too much damage and reload too slow. 

current wisdom is Kaga or Derzki. both seem like very good contenders. 

5b61128166280_Monaghanisnottherightanswer.thumb.png.06460d2e7850356e138e7e18cadacd70.png 

Now everyone's favorite seal clubbing machine the Clemson is a large improvement... honestly, if you can't be bothered to spend 10 minutes on getting a Derpzki it may be the way to go. torps reload fast, hit weakly, and the fact that you can dump full spreads to either side spreads the love. Maybe Wickes is good too. 5b623699a8207_Clemsoniscloser..thumb.png.6930f6a7424fd574bbb82aaff8f8b2fe.png

Will Carl get a Crate? As of 8/1, no, but he is building a strategy.

Edited by Commissar_Carl

[KNMSU] 7_3_PowerStroke 78
1,045 posts
720 battles

I do really love my Sharn. Don;t usually score many torp hits though, I think 6 is my best so far... Hmm. Time to "git gud" i guess...

[BRZKR] Leopard_IX 63
238 posts
734 battles
30 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It's time to give away the last of my July Community Contributor codes.  Here's the challenge:

Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 players who score the most torpedo hits in a single Co-Op battle. 
Ties will be broken by whoever has scored the most main battery and secondary hits combined.
If it's still a tie, then I will pick the winner based on how cool their username is.

RULES:

• This contest is open to the following regions:  NA, EU, SEA, RU
  • This is for CO-OP Battles only.
  • ANY ship may be used.  Yes, even your aircraft carriers.  If you want to try this with a ship without torpedoes, good luck to you!
  • Players may enter as often as they wish in as many categories as they wish. However, they may only win once.
  • Entries must be submitted to the link for this article on Reddit or the World of Warships NA Forum.  (Links provided)
  • For an entry to be valid, all four screenshots for the given match must be submitted.  I reserve the right to disqualify any results that look dubious.  No cheating.
  • All games played must be timestamped within the contest-dates (July 31st, 2018 to August 5th, 2018).  Make sure the date and time is visible upon the first page of the screenshots.
  • Judging will occur on Monday, August 6th, whenever I get my butt out of bed and turn on a computer.
  • Each of the five winners will receive a code redeemable for one (1) July Community Contributor crate.  Note that players may only redeem one (1) Community Contributor crate code from a given month.  This is for a JULY code so if you already won one, you can't redeem another.  You could give it away to someone else, though.  It's yours to do with as you please.
isLOQaA.jpg

I redeemed an August code today, so would I be eligible to get a July CCT code?

8,566 posts
7,138 battles
1 minute ago, Leopard_IX said:

I redeemed an August code today, so would I be eligible to get a July CCT code?

So long as you haven't redeemed a July code, yes.  It's one code from a given month, not one code per month, if that makes sense.

[BRZKR] Leopard_IX 63
238 posts
734 battles
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

So long as you haven't redeemed a July code, yes.  It's one code from a given month, not one code per month, if that makes sense.

Yes, makes sense. What are the four screenshots do you need?

Edited by Leopard_IX

8,566 posts
7,138 battles
7 minutes ago, Leopard_IX said:

Yes, makes sense. What are the four screenshots do you need?

The results screens. 

• Cool 1

[RKLES] Admiral_Thrawn_1 911
6,001 posts
7,164 battles
16 minutes ago, Commissar_Carl said:

Dispite being woefully unprepared for this, I must continue establishing a tradition.

Wonder what the best ship for this challenge could be...

A ship with low powered and quick Reload no tors so that you can hit targets many times and often as well. Trying to think about the answer myself as well.

8,566 posts
7,138 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

A ship with low powered and quick Reload no tors so that you can hit targets many times and often as well. Trying to think about the answer myself as well.

I was originally going to limit it to V-25s only but then thought it would be more interesting to see people find the best solution.

6,001 posts
7,164 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I was originally going to limit it to V-25s only but then thought it would be more interesting to see people find the best solution.

Yeah because if you Torpedo New Mexico Torp Belt for example, you could saturate it with a lot of Torps. 

So to to maximize the Torp hits you will need knowledge of the ships both in what to use and what to shoot at. Also will need som luck and skill as well.

Has my interest since a tier VIII premium ship chance is certainly something worth trying to get.

[HINON] Carrier_Lexington 805
3,677 posts
4,193 battles
53 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

No cheating.

As a clarification per the rules, is Divisioning with other players OK, or is that too much risk for collusion by up-to three players on a given team?

89 posts
3,037 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

USS Smith?

6,001 posts
7,164 battles

@LittleWhiteMouse just got thinking, anyway you can loan me a Kitakami that I may end up deciding to keep permanently....

Lol if it comes with Torp Reload Booster I am sure I can sink 13 ships in Co-Op, uh I mean 7 ships... :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

[HINON] giovybez 586
2,505 posts
17,557 battles

ima just derp around in my Bana and mebe ill get lucky

8,566 posts
7,138 battles
15 minutes ago, Carrier_Lexington said:

As a clarification per the rules, is Divisioning with other players OK, or is that too much risk for collusion by up-to three players on a given team?

Go nuts. :)

[PVE] Vader_Sama 252
1,272 posts
3,546 battles

Sounds like a job for the Okhotnik

[YORHA] JCC45 1,675
3,193 posts

Craftily conceived contest captivates co-op commanders.

Cool.

8,566 posts
7,138 battles
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Battleship_Kurfurst said:

Sounds like a job for the Derzki. Luckily I'm starting strong with 29 Torpedo hits already.

shot-18.07.31_18.47.35-0449.jpg

Make sure to get all four screenshots.  I need every page for it to be a valid entry.

Example:
Utbj3u6.jpg
RFj7hXF.jpgKJlQCrb.jpg
Tk4xOK4.jpg

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse

[PVE] Vader_Sama 252
1,272 posts
3,546 battles
9 minutes ago, Battleship_Kurfurst said:

Sounds like a job for the Derzki. Luckily I'm starting strong with 29 Torpedo hits already.

shot-18.07.31_18.47.35-0449.jpg

6ad.gif

• Funny 1

[GWG] AVR_Project 1,095
5,022 posts
8,819 battles

WARNING:

Co-Op is too easy to contrive this.

Sync-drop on a team-speak, late at night.  1 Gallant  and 7 Konigs.

Use single launch torps, shielded by islands, get close and use damage saturation.  Other BBs will be distracting the main guns.

Fire off 8 torps at the nose and get out.

Get set up for the next victim.

[WOLFC] Optio_Praetorii 54
In AlfaTesters
338 posts
7,357 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Finally putting that Albany to good use

• Funny 1