You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Firing Arcs

11 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

Do all British Cruisers have high firing arcs i am at tier 4 and the shell arcs are high i can deal with that but that 12.5 K range is a killer does the range get better as you go up the line.

Beta Testers
631 posts
5,967 battles

Yes and no, the range goes up slightly but is never long range engagement ranges. The offset to the low range is the concealment.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
12 minutes ago, Riker_2 said:

Do all British Cruisers have high firing arcs i am at tier 4 and the shell arcs are high i can deal with that but that 12.5 K range is a killer does the range get better as you go up the line.

Try playing an Atlanta with Advanced Firing Training.  That is a high arc lol.

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
18,628 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

Be careful extending that range on Atlanta, it may cause your shells to achieve orbit... and then they'll never come down!  :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
3 minutes ago, DreadRaybo said:

Be careful extending that range on Atlanta, it may cause your shells to achieve orbit... and then they'll never come down!  :Smile-_tongue:

Haha I think they actually go past the orbital velocity before they splash down.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,719 posts
14,417 battles
2 hours ago, Riker_2 said:

British Cruisers have high firing arcs i am at tier 4

it get better at the Leander all the way to the rail gun bote AKA "Minitor"

[WOLF3]
Members
24,789 posts
21,840 battles

RN CLs are not known to be long ranged gunners.  Short and Medium ranges are it.  They either lack the gun range or their shells float too much.  Neptune and Minotaur have decent ranges but their very floaty shells take forever to land.  On Neptune, when I first got her I made the mistake of slotting GFCS2 for extra gun range.  I tried engaging even Tier X BBs at max range and I swear it took the shells 20 seconds or so to land.  I think I saw my shells parachuting down in a very British manner.

bond-title-9.jpg?imwidth=480

[LANCE]
Members
682 posts
5,300 battles
2 hours ago, torpsRus said:

The shells don’t actually do the damage to the ships, it’s the satellites that you hit in orbit that actually fall and damage the ship you’re shooting at! :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Yeah don't worry about it.  The t3 and t4 are straight up garbage.  The Emerald is probably okay now that they gave it acceptable concealment and the Leander on up are all fun.  The key is you get smoke starting at tier 5 which means you can get in closer without evaporating.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,114 posts
20,330 battles
1 hour ago, DreadRaybo said:

You can detonate an Atlanta and still be hit by five salvos already in the air.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,789 posts
21,840 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 4:39 PM, mrh308 said:

Yeah don't worry about it.  The t3 and t4 are straight up garbage.  The Emerald is probably okay now that they gave it acceptable concealment and the Leander on up are all fun.  The key is you get smoke starting at tier 5 which means you can get in closer without evaporating.

Emerald is still pretty bad, at least in terms of protection.  I was fooling around with Kaga and much to my surprise, when using the single Dive Bomber unit, I HE Citadeled an Emerald.

I was quite surprised, but then I suddenly remembered, "Oh wait, people citadel this thing with DD caliber guns.  I was citadeling these Tier III-IV RN CLs with Bogatyr's 130mm guns.  This is normal!"