You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

32 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles

"What?  No.  Take me to the railing so I can watch."

[WOLFG]
Members
8,264 posts
6,487 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

What the hell is that??

A Secret Service armadillo

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
14 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

"What?  No.  Take me to the railing so I can watch."

I'd bet that not one in 100,000 Americans would know that reference. As far as esoteric knowledge goes, WOWS players are in an elite group sometimes.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,586 posts
10,133 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What the hell is that??

I can show you plenty, Duck...  I'm about 20 miles West of Fort Worth, and have a daily battle with these guys.   They ignore the neighbors and have taken a liking to my flower beds and yard.   Dig, dig, dig, dig.   More divots than a driving range.    They come out at night, mostly, and the shotgun is at the door.   Sent three to Armadillo heaven so far.    Looking for the fourth candidate.   I'll get him soon enough.

Edited by DiddleDum

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

I can show you plenty, Duck...  I'm about 20 miles West of Fort Worth, and have a daily battle with these guys.   They ignore the neighbors and have taken a liking to my flower beds and yard.   Dig, dig, dig, dig.   More divots than a driving range.    They come out at night, mostly, and the shotgun is at the door.   Sent three to Armadillo heaven so far.    Looking for the fourth candidate.   I'll get him soon enough.

I'm pretty sure there is no armadillo heaven. They just reincarnate immediately as parking lot speed bumps.

• Funny 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,305 posts
6,829 battles

Lol! Had a woodchuck that was like that. Mom in law had a barrel flower pot came home to find everything chewed off and as an insult a big turd! Came home to find a box of 12ga shells on table with a note: " Deal with it!"! :cap_rambo:

Edited by Jim_Byrnes
  • Funny 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
11 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I'd bet that not one in 100,000 Americans would know that reference. As far as esoteric knowledge goes, WOWS players are in an elite group sometimes.

I think that's being a tad generous to people in general, it's an extremely obscure historical reference although a HIGHLY amusing one

[WOLFG]
Members
8,264 posts
6,487 battles
13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I remember hearing it, but not what it was from.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,202 posts
10,683 battles

Fun Fact, it seems "Get Down, Mr.President" is, in fact, a game some people play, in which you have a group of people, one is chosen as the "President" and the others put their hands up to their ears like a Secret Service would, the one that doesnt do this is tackled to the ground after the others have yelled "GET DOWN MR.PRESIDENT"  or so ive heard at least

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I remember hearing it, but not what it was from.

Look up the story of the William D Porter.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
3 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

The Wiki info doesn't do it justice. Gotta read it Cracked.com style.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19637_the-5-craziest-war-stories-all-happened-same-ship.html

Hilariously the Cracked article misses some details too. Like how Iowa spent the rest of that day with all nine main battery guns aimed at Porter while the CO tried to decide what to do with it.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8,264 posts
6,487 battles
7 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Look up the story of the William D Porter.

Thank you, now I remember.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles
21 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

<GG>  I know what a Texas Speed Bump is.  Tiny bulldozers.

I'd like to know what that little 'dillo-shaped critter is (a hex bug?) and what blew it up?  Are desperate gardeners reverting to land mines?  :etc_red_button:

[WOLFG]
Members
8,264 posts
6,487 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Hilariously the Cracked article misses some details too. Like how Iowa spent the rest of that day with all nine main battery guns aimed at Porter while the CO tried to decide what to do with it.

There are worse punishments than going pink.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles

The ship was ordered to Bermuda(?), surrounded by SP, and the entire ship and crew placed under arrest.  US Navy's version of a clown car.

Edited by iDuckman

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
41 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Can't you get a Jack Russell Terrier? Those Armadillos will stear clear of your place with one of those savages guarding it.