You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lineman

getting chat banned

19 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,717 battles

This being a competitive team based game where other people's game play often if not always effects others I did a little experiment yesterday.   I started off most of my matches with this bit of text, "Please watch tutorial videos by ccs like flamu, flambass, noster, ichase, nozoupforyou, or any others you may prefer.   Only you can stop handicapping games."

End result +2 reputation and chat banned after 2 hours of game play.   Considering there are already in-game mechanics for ignoring an individual and filters for vulgarity, why allow a mechanic to exist that seemingly arbitrarily punishes people for using the chat system by not allowing them to chat?   

• Funny 4

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

If I remember correctly, talking about personal bands are not allowed.

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
4 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

If I remember correctly, talking about personal bands are not allowed.

Like, do you do mostly covers?

9 minutes ago, lineman said:

This being a competitive team based game where other people's game play often if not always effects others I did a little experiment yesterday.   I started off most of my matches with this bit of text, "Please watch tutorial videos by ccs like flamu, flambass, noster, ichase, nozoupforyou, or any others you may prefer.   Only you can stop handicapping games."

End result +2 reputation and chat banned after 2 hours of game play.   Considering there are already in-game mechanics for ignoring an individual and filters for vulgarity, why allow a mechanic to exist that seemingly arbitrarily punishes people for using the chat system by not allowing them to chat?   

Much the game has stupid contradictions and heavy handedness. You'll find it here too, very soon this will most likely be locked or deleted.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8,292 posts
6,534 battles
11 minutes ago, lineman said:

This being a competitive team based game where other people's game play often if not always effects others I did a little experiment yesterday. 

Do an experiment, get results.  Part of the scientific method.

Did you have a starting premise?

Edited by DrHolmes52

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

Well in any game you will find different combinations of players hating a particular CC and they reported you based on whose name they saw. It simply added up exponentially :D

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
3 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Like, do you do mostly covers?

Much the game has stupid contradictions and heavy handedness. You'll find it here too, very soon this will most likely be locked or deleted.

Just cover of bans

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
8 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I would venture a guess more than that was said. 

I would bet that was not said in exactly that manner and we can't forget this.

d8c.gif

[CK5]
Members
1,271 posts
12,785 battles

Well, OP, your comments were arrogant and generally insulting to players you probably never have seen before.  If you like experiments, why don't you try hitting a hornet nest with a stick and see what happens?

Members
348 posts

You were simply annoying people with your spam of the chat channel. 

It's why I keep a tiny sticky note right over that section of the screen. 

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,241 posts
1 minute ago, killsbane67 said:

I report everyone who spams clan recruitment ads in chat for this reason. You can also enable the disable chat mod in aslains and it will disappear completely. It's the only mod I've ever used and I have to say while the silence was golden I turned it off after awhile so I could spew venom at the deserving.

Members
6 posts
3,717 battles
4 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Well, OP, your comments were arrogant and generally insulting to players you probably never have seen before.  If you like experiments, why don't you try hitting a hornet nest with a stick and see what happens?

A) the topic here was the chat ban system in general, my personal example here was just an illustration of what is wrong with it.  

B) I cant help how you misinterpret the meaning of a clearly worded endorsement nor infer arrogance or insult where at worst the comment was snarky at worst.

Members
348 posts
2 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I report everyone who spams clan recruitment ads in chat for this reason. You can also enable the disable chat mod in aslains and it will disappear completely. It's the only mod I've ever used and I have to say while the silence was golden I turned it off after awhile so I could spew venom at the deserving.

I don't use mods, but the little sticky note serves it's purpose very well. And easily removed.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,886 posts
13,620 battles
44 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

One time is fine but if they do it more than that I will report them too.

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles
43 minutes ago, killsbane67 said:

Hiding stats, hiding the chat screen, I see a pattern of running away from potential stressors.  I guess that's good if it's doctor prescribed due to a clearly diagnosed condition like an anxiety disorder, but even then I would be concerned about the long-term ramifications that come from further eroding a person's inner constitution and incessant need to shelter themselves.  It's like the explosion of scooters everywhere.  If a person has bad knees because they weigh 400 lbs, the last thing they should be doing is riding around in a scooter burning less calories because all that will do is compound the problem.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
348 posts
14 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Hiding stats, hiding the chat screen, I see a pattern of running away from potential stressors.  I guess that's good if it's doctor prescribed due to a clearly diagnosed condition like an anxiety disorder, but even then I would be concerned about the long-term ramifications that come from further eroding a person's inner constitution and incessant need to shelter themselves.  It's like the explosion of scooters everywhere.  If a person has bad knees because they weigh 400 lbs, the last thing they should be doing is riding around in a scooter burning less calories because all that will do is compound the problem.

The ghosts in the machine can be quite annoying.    Lol

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,501 posts
9,095 battles

Fleet,

Discussing in-game disciplinary actions is against Forum rules.

Therefore further discussion of this topic has been concluded.

Please make sure when creating threads for discussion, do not post any disciplinary actions whether in-game or chat/Forums related here.

#anchorsaweigh