You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DarkStormy

Poland

25 comments in this topic

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles

First off i have nothing against the nation of Poland or the people of Poland.

But can someone explain to me why Poland has its own tech tree with only a single prem.  Ship in the the Błyskawica?

wasnt the Blys a RN DD crewed by Displaced Polish navy personel?

why not move the Błyskawica to the common wealth area and change the Polish tech tree to some other nation.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles

No she wasn’t. She was a Polish DD that fought alongside the RN.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[HINON]
Privateers, In AlfaTesters
7,758 posts
2,134 battles

... no

She was a Grom-class destroyer, built by a British company, but not by the British government (minor nations tended to shop around - Poland also had vessels built by French companies - the Wicher-class).

She was much larger, faster, and overall more powerful than British destroyers, and used Bofors 120mm guns, unlike British destroyers.

• Cool 2

[REVY]
Members
1,957 posts
11,126 battles
4 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

First off i have nothing against the nation of Poland or the people of Poland.

But can someone explain to me why Poland has its own tech tree with only a single prem.  Ship in the the Błyskawica?

wasnt the Blys a RN DD crewed by Displaced Polish navy personel?

why not move the Błyskawica to the common wealth area and change the Polish tech tree to some other nation.

2 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

No she wasn’t. She was a Polish DD that fought with the RN.

^ this

Kind of like how you had the Free French serving alongside the Allies in WW2, while Vichy France was, technically, on the Axis side.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

If you mean displaced by the crew who sailed her on a relatively well known mission to escape sure capture by the Germans, which is one of the main reasons she is in game, then yeah sure they were displaced.

Also if you remove the Polish tech tree it doesn't mean there magically is another ready to fill in with an entire tech tree of a ship line.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,472 posts
13,826 battles

Blyskawica was built in England specifically for the Polish Navy, armed with Swedish Bofors 120mm guns and delivered in 1937.

In 1939 the ship withdrew to the UK to operate with the Royal Navy, but remained Polish flagged, Polish crewed and in every way, Polish.

It is unusual to have a single nation premium, but Blyskawica as a museum ship of some note is a deserving candidate. While lumping her in with the Commonwealth might make her logistically easier it would undermine her heritage, which is the point of the ship. Apparently Polish players are fairly into WOWS/WOT.

Members
891 posts
11,233 battles

A good question that’s never been answered since it’s inception.  All I remember is them just putting it in there but no word if they plan to introduce a Polish Tech tree.  Which really makes no sense at all given their history.

[HOT]
Beta Testers
2,500 posts
6,150 battles

It's worth noting that the Blyskawica in her in-game configuration is the 1937 Blyskawica, which would've entirely been a Polish destroyer at that point in time. Much like the earlier LoYang, currently she has a tech tree all to herself. Maybe more Polish ships will be added, but they'll almost certainly be premiums (Pan American probably falls under this too). Regardless, it's nice to have smaller navies represented in the game.

Members
891 posts
11,233 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Apparently Polish players are fairly into WOWS/WOT.

And yet I can seem to get enough votes on Reddit to introduce ORP Dragon/Conrad.  On a side note, I am also undecided if she should be under Commonwealth or Pan-European Tech tree.

[-K-]
Members
7,895 posts
13,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

A good question that’s never been answered since it’s inception.  All I remember is them just putting it in there but no word if they plan to introduce a Polish Tech tree.  Which really makes no sense at all given their history.

I have no doubt that you will likely see her added to a Pan-European tree one day when it is introduced.  There really is no reason for a dedicated tech-tree with just one ship in it.

[RLGN]
Members
13,259 posts
23,160 battles
6 minutes ago, Airglide2 said:

Because it’s a ship you can actually go see? (Especially since it’s (relatively) close to the actual game developers?)

Because those responsible for it apparently didn’t obstinately object to its inclusion in the game like those of another recently added premium destroyer?

That makes it easy-peasy to add to the game.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Members
2,055 posts
6,284 battles

She also had a part in Dunkirk which makes her a Hero Ship. She can stay in her own tree. The ships history deserves it...

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,382 posts
10,195 battles

Those Swedish sure make a sweet set of guns. Those Bofors 120mm guns are hawt sauce with that shell velocity. 

Members
891 posts
11,233 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Because it’s a ship you can actually go see? (Especially since it’s (relatively) close to the actual game developers?)

Because those responsible for it apparently didn’t obstinately object to its inclusion in the game like those of another recently added premium destroyer?

That makes it easy-peasy to add to the game.

That’s a very poor excuse.  That’s like saying Aurora should be in a different tech tree because it originally wasn’t USSR and “because you can see it!”

When I said “history” I meant they didn’t have many Cruisers/Battleships/Carriers that would fill entire tech trees.  I sure as shitt don’t want to see WG pull a “Czech/Poland” move like they did in WOT.

Members
1,366 posts

In other WOWs news an entire Country’s computer hackers target one person

WOWs player “Darkandstormy” may be going dark due to a storm of his or her own making......

To the Heroic Country of Poland:

Completely support your ship and tech tree. Will be playing the ship often. No idea who the OP is.

Toxic “Love Poland” Potato 

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Funny 1

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
12,188 battles

Easy premium would be ORP Dragon..a Polish Danae class....giver her smoke and HE and she's a viable T5 premium. 

7450_6-auto_downl.jpg

• Cool 2

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
781 posts
10,585 battles

I think some trees are fine with just a few ships, to represent those nations without full T1-10 candidates (real or paper).  Don't want to start making up too many ships just to fill a tree. 

The ones that don't make sense to me are the Commonwealth ships, which should be able to move around with RN captains.  But oh well, that's the way its set at the moment.

image.png.af0871e2acd93dc1981d9594714b3942.png

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,662 posts
43 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

I think some trees are fine with just a few ships, to represent those nations without full T1-10 candidates (real or paper).  Don't want to start making up too many ships just to fill a tree. 

The ones that don't make sense to me are the Commonwealth ships, which should be able to move around with RN captains.  But oh well, that's the way its set at the moment.

Yup:Smile_sad:

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles
2 hours ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Sad how that one boat is all by itself. But I expect a pan-Europe line someday.

This is kinda what i was getting at,why not just change "commonwealth" to pan europe or just "other nations".

It could be a catch all for all of Europe and the commonwealth ships and maybe some pan American ships. 

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles
57 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

If there were at least a couple of ships in the tree or at least a plan to some day have a couple I could understand having its own tech tree,  but just one lonely premium  DD seems kinda odd.

Ps:To the polish hackers, siegewolf posted that picture not me. :Smile_hiding:

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
781 posts
10,585 battles
2 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

If there were at least a couple of ships in the tree or at least a plan to some day have a couple I could understand having its own tech tree,  but just one lonely premium  DD seems kinda odd.

Ps:To the polish hackers, siegewolf posted that picture not me. :Smile_hiding:

LOL,

Americans are the mutts of the world.  Meaning many in the US are part something (German, English, Irish, etc).  I have a little Polish in me (never explored the ancestry so don't know from where).  So I guess I can poke fun at my own heritage albeit unknown. :cap_viking:

• Funny 1

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
485 posts
5,091 battles
2 minutes ago, Siegewolf said:

LOL,

Americans are the mutts of the world.  Meaning many in the US are part something (German, English, Irish, etc).  I have a little Polish in me (never explored the ancestry so don't know from where).  So I guess I can poke fun at my own heritage albeit unknown. :cap_viking:

My great grandparents we're From Scotland on my mothers side (a fine clan of outlaws:cap_win:) on my fathers side French Canadian bootleggers. 

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Beta Testers
379 posts
11,614 battles

well, the ship was introduced before any of the Pan-xxx nations became a thing, so she is one of her kind. I wouldn't mind having a Pan-European nation in game which would include ships from nations like Poland, Spain, Sweden, Greece, Austria-Hungary, etc. 

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
469 posts
5,842 battles

People want to get rid of their premiums because they can't use them in s role. I 100% agree with WG here, you get credits, and not doubloons, if unsatisfied with your bote.

And if you regret your decision later, Just have an empty port and the credits for rebuy and put in a ticket.

Prrmiums not performing for you? Grind something that will. And maybe, just maybe, get gud while grinding.

• Boring 1