You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seadog_Supreme

Refund Błyskawica

93 comments in this topic

Members
1,866 posts

Warships should offer a one-time doubloons refund for this ship. It's main thing was open water stealth fire, and that's gone. As it is now, how often do you see this ship? Like never, right? It's just sitting in everyone's port, because it is no longer effective. They should have removed OWSF, and they did, but it was a heavy nerf to Błyskawica. Without that, it's pretty crappy. A doubloon refund just means that we will spend the coin in game on other things, so it's no loss to WG.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[SYN]
Members
15,614 posts
12,778 battles

Well they could just buff the older T7 DDs

Mahan, Sims, Blyska: concealment buff

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,161 battles
6 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Without that, it's pretty crappy.

BilqB9d.gif

Still my favorite T7 DD. Sorry you relied on a cheap tactic to get your jollies, but it's still a very good ship now that the playing field has leveled.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
9 minutes ago, Lert said:

BilqB9d.gif

Still my favorite T7 DD. Sorry you relied on a cheap tactic to get your jollies, but it's still a very good ship now that the playing field has leveled.

Some people just want a p2w ship or a refund. That's one reason I like this game so much, even if you pay $100 you wont get a ship that can be played without having any skills. Yeah I know there are a few OP ships but definitely still need to have skills.

Remember buying Belfast and Kutuzov when I started playing this game after seeing all those youtube vids. Kept wondering why I am not getting those 100k+ damages in every game which was so easy for people on youtube. Still remember one of the players telling me to think about my next move after my smoke dies off. I am sure he had been watching me and my mistakes after he got killed suggesting me how to play. I really didn't get what he was saying and only after a few hundred games realized what he was trying to tell. By then it was too late, I had pulled down the server stats of both these ships and probably the WR of the fellow captains (I didn't even know for a couple of months there were stats and people cared so much about it) :D

Edited by sansfaille
  • Cool 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
16 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Warships should offer a one-time doubloons refund for this ship. It's main thing was open water stealth fire, and that's gone. As it is now, how often do you see this ship? Like never, right? It's just sitting in everyone's port, because it is no longer effective. They should have removed OWSF, and they did, but it was a heavy nerf to Błyskawica. Without that, it's pretty crappy. A doubloon refund just means that we will spend the coin in game on other things, so it's no loss to WG.

Sorry they'll say NO Refunds.  Besides why would you say it's a crappy boat?  Learn to play it.  Blys is actually a great and enjoyable DD to play.  Down vote earned with this post.

[REVY]
Members
1,962 posts
11,142 battles

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

Also the OWSF has been gone for sometime. removing OWSF was not the same as when the smoke screen was nerfed, affecting Perth, Belfast, etc and they offered refunds for those.

Blys is no different then any of the other DDs at her tier.  And I still see her sailing about.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
12 minutes ago, Lert said:

BilqB9d.gif

Doesn't matter how good you do in it. They sold it under the promise that this was an ability it had, and it no longer has the advertised ability.

This is like removing Tirpitz' torpedoes, or changing Texas to have AA identical to New York.

Or like an auto salesman showing up at your house and taking the tires off your car because they had a policy change and no longer sell cars with tires included.

I don't care how cheap you perceive stealth fire to be, it was sold with this ability prominently advertised, and then this ability was removed.

Edited by KiyoSenkan
  • Cool 6

[KWF]
Members
3,940 posts
5,946 battles

Blyska is still very relevant. I admit she could use a small concealment buff, but so should Mahan and Maass. I got mine after the stealthfire nerfs and to be honest she felt pretty balanaced.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,161 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Doesn't matter how good you do in it. They sold it under the promise that this was an ability it had, and it no longer has the advertised ability.

1) Was that ability actually advertised by WG?

2) Even if it was, bit late on claiming that, as well. If that's OP's reason for wanting a refund OP should've asked for it right after the OWSF nerf happened, not wait until he got bored with it more than a year later.

3) Not what OP argued, either. He argued the bote was now bad. That's his whole argument.

• Cool 1

[OPEC]
[OPEC]
Members
87 posts
3,066 battles

Can you create a new post that is already a zombie thread?  Given that OWSF was removed what seems like ages ago, this might qualify...

Members
1,866 posts
8 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

This is like removing Tirpitz' torpedoes, or changing Texas to have AA identical to New York.

Or like an auto salesman showing up at your house and taking the tires off your car because they had a policy change and no longer sell cars with tires included.

I don't care how cheap you perceive stealth fire to be, it was sold with this ability prominently advertised, and then this ability was removed.

This.

3 minutes ago, Get_Kraken said:

Can you create a new post that is already a zombie thread?  Given that OWSF was removed what seems like ages ago, this might qualify...

The OWSF issue was raised in another recent thread.

[SBS]
Members
5,193 posts
2,408 battles
Just now, Lert said:

2) Even if it was, bit late on claiming that, as well. If that's your reason for wanting a refund OP should've asked for it right after the OWSF nerf happened, not wait until he got bored with it more than a year later.

3) Not what OP argued, either. He argued the bote was now bad. That's his whole argument.

People did ask for a refund at the time.  People also showed WG did advertise its ability to stealth fire as a selling point.  I'm with you on it being a bit too late to ask for a refund now.

[RLGN]
Members
13,299 posts
23,188 battles

Why is it that every time I read something like this, it makes me think the complaintant sails around in the open, shooting at anything that moves, and then complains about getting stomped?

Concealment is not just about how good a ship’s is in open water; a driver needs to be aware of other available and useful cover as well...

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

2) Even if it was, bit late on claiming that, as well. If that's OP's reason for wanting a refund OP should've asked for it right after the OWSF nerf happened, not wait until he got bored with it more than a year later.

Yes. It was also advertised on Anshan. Since I know by now you'll deny it, here's a screenshot of Anshan's premium shop page before WG edited it.

Spoiler

WVQoGIO.jpg

I don't have a similar screenshot of Blyskawica, but I do know it was capable of stealth fire out of the box without any captain skills. Just like Anshan, here.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,161 battles
4 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Yes. It was also advertised on Anshan. Since I know by now you'll deny it, here's a screenshot of Anshan's premium shop page before WG edited it.

Hide contents

WVQoGIO.jpg

I don't have a similar screenshot of Blyskawica, but I do know it was capable of stealth fire out of the box without any captain skills. Just like Anshan, here.

I'm not denying anything. I'm just asking for proof. I know it was advertised for Anshan, but this thread isn't about Anshan. I don't think it was ever part of WGs advertisement for Blyskawica. I know the ship was capable of it. If someone comes up with an actual screenshot of Blyskawica being advertised like that, that's that. However, until that happens all the "It was totally advertised by WG as such for this specific ship totally for sure for real" is just baseless claims, and they're basing their arguments on that claim. It's being claimed as fact, and no proof is shown whatsoever.

Beta Testers
631 posts
5,967 battles
41 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

The removal of open water stealth firing wasn't a heavy nerf to the blys. She just isn't popular right now. Its main thing was not stealth firing. She still has good guns and good torps, she just isn't played as much because now there is a good choice of different destroyers at tier 7 to play.

Members
1,866 posts
12 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

People did ask for a refund at the time.  People also showed WG did advertise its ability to stealth fire as a selling point.  I'm with you on it being a bit too late to ask for a refund now.

I'm content with other sub-par port queens. I even play them once in a while. This one is a particularly glaring nerf.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

Good luck hitting that ship at it's max range when it is pelting you with HE at 14km. I have had guys cursing me in chat when I do that to them lol.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,767 posts
9,353 battles

OP is right.  It's is crappy.

It's always shooting me from range, it's so accurate it is always hitting me and it's so small and fast I can't hit it back reliably.

Pure crap...

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,165 battles
10 minutes ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

I'm content with other sub-par port queens. I even play them once in a while. This one is a particularly glaring nerf.

No it is not. If you feel the ship is that heavily nerfed and useless, then the only error with you. This is simply an issue of PEBKAC.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I’ve only know Blyskavica since the post OWSF, and as a guy who prefers DDs I think she is great without it. If you can’t figure that out, then you are not a “supreme” seadog.

• Cool 2