You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OldSaltyOne

Easiest way to farm Coal resources

65 comments in this topic

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

The coal resource containers are great.  Nice way to farm coal and flags.  Love it.

shot-18.07.31_08.29.44-0908.jpg

• Cool 1

[A_51]
Members
961 posts

Wow, who woulda thunk?  Which containers should I use to get flags?

Edited by Seaneroo
  • Funny 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,073 posts
17,102 battles
1 minute ago, Seaneroo said:

Wow, who woulda thunk?  Which containers should I use to get flags?

Supercontainers.

• Funny 3

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
20 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The coal resource containers are great.  Nice way to farm coal and flags.  Love it.

Yeah, it is pretty good.

8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Supercontainers.

What is a Super Container?????:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,073 posts
17,102 battles
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

What is a Super Container?????:Smile_teethhappy:

That thing only those people WG deems worthy of rigging the game in favor for get.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

That thing only those people WG deems worthy of rigging the game in favor for get.

Ah! well that explains a lot :Smile_honoring:

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Supercontainers.

Id actually love to see a coal super container, I haven't been farming try your luck been doing the resource containers.  So Super Containers have been rare if any at all lately.

[RLGN]
Members
13,228 posts
23,147 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Oh...

So that’s why I get so many of them; I apparently pay for it with all the overpens and straddles I score shooting at broadsided, easy, (grounded or slow,) targets...

[WOLF7]
Members
12,402 posts

So, you traded 8 flags for the value of 1-2 flags in coal? Your math seems suspect....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

They're nice but i find the flags one to be the best pick. I'll take 2 of them and then for my third of the day do the coal one.

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
6 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

They're nice but i find the flags one to be the best pick. I'll take 2 of them and then for my third of the day do the coal one.

Flags are great but I already have enough flags to last a few months at least.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,222 posts
10,503 battles
28 minutes ago, awiggin said:

So, you traded 8 flags for the value of 1-2 flags in coal? Your math seems suspect....:Smile_teethhappy:

Yes but with coal u can get flags that aren't available to buy also use your coupons and get them 1/2 off . You can pick the ones u want and not have to wait 10 containers to get the ones u need . I like it too. 

[PVE]
Members
19,794 posts
11,969 battles
39 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Here is what you get in the Resource containers. I bolded the items I care about.

In Update 0.7.7, a new option—More Resources—will appear on the container selection screen. Choose it to get a guaranteed replenishment of your Coal stocks. The container includes three slots:

The first one always contains 400 Coal;

In the second one, you can get 400 Coal, 3 Equal Speed Charlie London (+50% XP) signals, or 500 Free XP;

The third slot can provide you with 400 Coal, 500 Free XP, or 3 signals (Hotel Yankee (ramming flag), November Foxtrot (-5% consumables), Papa Papa (+300% FXP), Zulu (+20% credits), Juliet Charlie (-100% detonations), or Zulu Hotel (+50% Cmdr XP) ).

So for me, it has almost everything I want. I'll even use the November Foxtrot flags eventually, but the ramming flag will just sit there pretty much. Since I play a lot of co-op and mostly save the flags for the little bit of randoms I play, maybe I should use the ramming flags in co-op. You do get to ram more as the bots drive right up to you.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
297 posts
13,271 battles

I did something ,somehow,(not sure what) the other day and waalaa 2 super containers dropped. The gods (according that ancient aliens show) deemed fit to bestow upon my worthless self

#1 SC 7 days premium

#2 SC 15000 coal.

I bestow upon myself the medal of galactic bestest with the mostest

gobstopper.png

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles

I've started tracking my containers, and although the population is very small yet, an interesting distribution:

Slot 2:  5/8 FXP, 2/8 Coal, 1/8 ESCL.

Slot 3:  2/8 FXP, 1/8 Coal, 2/8 Econ signal, 3/8 other signal

44% FXP, 19% Coal, 19% Econ signal, 19% other signal

Looks like Resources/Other is heavily weighted toward more FXP.  Anyone have more data to contribute?

Note: I think another Resources choice yielded a SC, but I didn't record the choice.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
49 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The first one always contains 400 Coal;

To put this in context, getting only one crate a night and selecting more resources will give you 12,000 coal a month guaranteed (roll January 31 and March 1 into February). That's one French crate, or two Dunkirk/Bismarck crates plus change, if you want to finish the collections for Jack Dunkirk and his French counterpart, or get the Bismarck premium camos. FOR NO COST. 

Alternatively it's 146,000 coal in a year if you want to be patient. And that's a minimum.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
Members
19,794 posts
11,969 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

To put this in context, getting only one crate a night and selecting more resources will give you 12,000 coal a month guaranteed. That's one French crate, or two Dunkirk/Bismarck crates plus change, if you want to finish the collections for Jack Dunkirk and his French counterpart, or get the Bismarck premium camos. FOR NO COST.

Good point. And a special upgrade with coupon is 12,750 coal, so you should get that extra 750 in coal a month of picking More Resources containers. You also get another special upgrade coupon every patch, so by picking the More Resources container each time, you can get a special upgrade every patch if you get 3 More Resources containers a day.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

if you get 3 More Resources containers a day

That is a big "if" for me, and it's one of the reasons I want this game to still be around forty years from now, when I am finally able to retire. Stick me in a nursing home with nothing but this game and I will be happy for the rest of my days. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
19,794 posts
11,969 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That is a big "if" for me, and it's one of the reasons I want this game to still be around forty years from now, when I am finally able to retire. Stick me in a nursing home with nothing but this game and I will be happy for the rest of my days. :Smile_teethhappy:

:Smile_teethhappy:

[SIDE]
Members
830 posts
5,059 battles
2 hours ago, torpsRus said:

Id actually love to see a coal super container, I haven't been farming try your luck been doing the resource containers.  So Super Containers have been rare if any at all lately.

Coal supercontainer gives you 15k coal.

[KMK]
Members
218 posts
10,845 battles

I collected a super container with 15000 coal. But in normal way you cang get coal 450 or 900 and flags (usefull ones)

[-K_P-]
Members
366 posts
3,145 battles

So for me it will be between 200 and 600 game days before I can get the Salem...  On other words, WG will either change her back to Steel or replace her when I am at 2,000 short on the coal...:Smile_sad:

• Cool 1

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Yes it actually would be nice if they threw steel into the resource containers.

• Cool 1