You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

What can I say but LOL

39 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts

100% multiplier and Eagles are still losing. I will remain Eagle though until I get my Des Moines camo.

Question:

Do you continue collecting tokens after 75 Loyalty points?

Edited by Snargfargle

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Simply put people are switching.  Like I said this was a poor decision on Wargamings part to allow players to switch sides once a day.  This event was thought out poorly.  Watch I bet I farm down votes with this comment.

• Cool 9

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
5 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

100% multiplier and Eagles are still losing. I will remain Eagle though until I get my Des Moines camo.

Question:

The only I am shooting for is the Eagle's Patch then I am done. I do not want the Perma-Camos, since I do not play those ships.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
8 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Simply put people are switching.  Like I said this was a poor decision on Wargamings part to allow players to switch sides once a day.  This event was thought out poorly.  Watch I bet I farm down votes with this comment.

Well you got a up vote from me:Smile_medal:

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
Just now, Chaos_EN2 said:

Well you got a up vote from me:Smile_medal:

Why I said down vote farming.  Is because I'm being honest, like I said Wargaming made the decision to allow switching daily because players complained about not being able to.  I chose sharks to start out with.  So am I staying sharks the entire time regardless of win or loose yes.  These events are often tailored to one side.  Which isn't fair at all.  In the end it should be a player chooses a side and is stuck with that side until the event is over.  How ever with a stipulation that a player might be recruited to switch sides about half way through the event.  Thus only being allowed to switch sides ONCE during the entire event.

• Cool 2

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
Just now, torpsRus said:

So am I staying sharks the entire time regardless of win or loose yes.

Yeah I agree, I picked and will stick with Eagles until I get the Eagles' Patch then I am done with this "event".

Members
260 posts
5,782 battles

I might be in the minority here (thought I suspect the opposite) but I could really care less about the event. I am an Eagle & will stay one but the event has no impact on my play save to give me several extra containers a day. 

• Cool 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
25 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Question:

It showed +50% when I just logged in and we are already behind by 300k

What is sad is the WoWP devs solved the problems with similar events. pyantoryng put up a good post about what they did. WG, pick up the damn phone and talk to them of if they are in the same building use the sneaker net but freaking talk to them!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
Just now, MizzenMast said:

I might be in the minority here (thought I suspect the opposite) but I could really care less about the event. I am an Eagle & will stay one but the event has no impact on my play save to give me several extra containers a day. 

Because I have been mostly playing co-op, I just can't get into randoms right now, I have only been getting a single crate. I refuse to grind just to get them.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
303 posts
9,754 battles

I just hope the next update happens on the 29th instead of the 22nd, otherwise I can't farm the other team to get permacamos for both T10s...

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
35 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It showed +50% when I just logged in and we are already behind by 300k

What is sad is the WoWP devs solved the problems with similar events. pyantoryng put up a good post about what they did. WG, pick up the damn phone and talk to them of if they are in the same building use the sneaker net but freaking talk to them!

I show 100%. You get 72 points for a win.

Edited by Snargfargle

Members
1,249 posts
7,142 battles
58 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

The event is fine. The only way to ensure equal numbers on both teams would be to automatically assign players which would've still led to salt and rage (I wanted to be on the same team as my friends! My whole clan wanted to go one side! A shark ate my second cousin how dare you make me a shark!) particularly given that each side has a different camo up for grabs. Now everyone gets to pick whatever side they want, no one is stuck on the losing side for the whole event, and no one is significantly disadvantaged by being on the losing side (and if they feel they are by missing out on the extra daily crate they can switch). Finally once you've maxed out loyalty on one side there's also no particular reason to stick to that side and a clear advantage to switching which might well give the currently losing team a reasonable shot at daily victories down the road. 

• Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
3,677 posts
15,664 battles
59 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Why I said down vote farming.  Is because I'm being honest, like I said Wargaming made the decision to allow switching daily because players complained about not being able to.  I chose sharks to start out with.  So am I staying sharks the entire time regardless of win or loose yes.  These events are often tailored to one side.  Which isn't fair at all.  In the end it should be a player chooses a side and is stuck with that side until the event is over.  How ever with a stipulation that a player might be recruited to switch sides about half way through the event.  Thus only being allowed to switch sides ONCE during the entire event.

Spot on, well said. 

It's an event with some free stuff.......   Free = good...  But, you are correct........not well envisioned.

[--K--]
Members
6,390 posts
14,050 battles

They need to increase the container amount to switch from the previously winning team by how many consecutive days that team has won. So today, the offer should be join the eagles for 6 containers or stay with the sharks for 2 loyalty.

There are enough people that the containers would start to be a draw over loyalty. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
18 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

A shark ate my second cousin how dare you make me a shark!

You got a "funny" for that one. :cap_like:

I suppose that in a rare care someone here might actually have had a relative eaten by a shark. However it is a rare event. I scuba'd for ten years and never even heard of anyone in my area getting attacked, much less eaten. by a shark. I'm sure it happens but the odds are against it.

Edited by Snargfargle

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
27 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I show 100%. You get 72 points for a win.

Weird but then I have only been playing co-op outside of CW recently.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

Weird but then I have only been playing co-op outside of CW recently.

It still says 100%. I'd print it out but I just get a black paste with a full screen PrtScr in  the game.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, torpsRus said:

ask and you shall receive, but only for the lols

1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

My thoughts exactly, just pick a side, and play the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
13 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It still says 100%. I'd print it out but I just get a black paste with a full screen PrtScr in  the game.

Where does it say this? It showed +50% on the choose team page when I did a quick log on earlier after I saw you first post.

Beta Testers
1,611 posts
9,990 battles
39 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

*snip*

Finally once you've maxed out loyalty on one side there's also no particular reason to stick to that side and a clear advantage to switching which might well give the currently losing team a reasonable shot at daily victories down the road. 

I think I saw this statement in the dictionary under "delicious irony." :Smile_teethhappy:

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Where does it say this? It showed +50% on the choose team page when I did a quick log on earlier after I saw you first post.

Untitled.jpg.a34d7d021546cc9fb409674e165d62b0.jpg

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Untitled.jpg.a34d7d021546cc9fb409674e165d62b0.jpg

Duh, you have to mouse over. Why couldn't that just be on that page without the mouse over?

Guess what.

0Gl6bAi.jpg

Snarf, you or me are apparently special.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Funny, the only bigtime whiners are all on Eagles....

Get over it. Either switch teams or deal with the fact Eagles are losing atm. It's not like there is no reasonable work around to your problem.

Already not looking forward to tomorrow's "omg eagles are losing!" thread.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,852 posts
13,603 battles
2 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Funny, the only bigtime whiners are all on Eagles....

Get over it. Either switch teams or deal with the fact Eagles are losing atm. It's not like there is no reasonable work around to your problem.

Already not looking forward to tomorrow's "omg eagles are losing!" thread.

Actually there is a workaround. They can turn up the bonus because it is obvious that it is far from large enough. I just want a fair chance to be on the winning team once in awhile without having to switch.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,586 posts
10,133 battles
1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

Same.  After the busy June and July, grinding up 19pt skippers, grinding for Indy, grinding for eagle camos, etc., I'm using this low-fruit daily login stuff and Eagles/Sharks to take a bit of a breather.   I come on, get my two or three containers for the clan.    Not even bothering with Eagles/Sharks.   I picked Eagles, and will stay Eagles.   Expect to lose half of the days of the events.   Then, the switch will be flipped, and Sharks won't be  able to win a day.    I'll still be on my breather - unless WG puts out some good stuff for August.   Reading the monthly calendar, it looks more of the same daily crumbs.