You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FrodoFraggin

Make Monthly Mission Updates Great Again

25 comments in this topic

[EQRN]
Members
1,817 posts
15,153 battles

Check this out: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/may-be-its-may-belline/

Now check this out: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/august-missions-2018/

The old way was awesome, we know what was coming up each week, could plan purchases, retraining, etc etc.

Now what? Nothing!  Just a daily log in reward, which is cool, but no indicator of what is coming every week.  Basically check in every Friday.  Blech.  Wrong direction WG, you had it right, now you're doing it wrong.  Not "OMG I'm quitting" bad, but the old monthly notices were definitely one of the highlights for me.  And ffs, bring back tech tree ship sales!  Russian Navy Day and no discounts for the Russian tech tree?:fish_palm:

• Cool 6

[HE]
Members
4 posts
5,205 battles

I dont like daily missions, sometimes its very hard to complete as a single player. Keep losing for a whole night.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
1 minute ago, DaNioux said:

I dont like daily missions, sometimes its very hard to complete as a single player. Keep losing for a whole night.

You had the co-op option in July, but in August the requirement to score 1000 BXP in one battle to finish part one of a daily pretty much rules that out, except in a magnificent high-tier game. And the part 2 options now all have to be done in one battle. Harsh, and not worth it given the rewards. Sorry, WG, but you need to dial this one back.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

Yeah completely agree what is the point in making a mission post if you aren't going to put the missions on it.  Maybe whoever is making up the missions needs the AFK penalty.

[HE]
Members
4 posts
5,205 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You had the co-op option in July, but in August the requirement to score 1000 BXP in one battle to finish part one of a daily pretty much rules that out, except in a magnificent high-tier game. And the part 2 options now all have to be done in one battle. Harsh, and not worth it given the rewards. Sorry, WG, but you need to dial this one back.

Totally agree.

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You might be right, but I'm not sure - the wording is ambiguous.  I've seen missions where the win condition and the BXP condition are entirely separate - e.g., in which you could do something like the 1000 BXP + win mission with three 350 BXP losses and a separate win.  Or it could be just like July - only wins count, but you can accumulate the BXP over multiple missions.  We'll have to see August 1.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles

Hopefully it's still the same as last month and they just worded it differently. As a solo player wins can be tough at times. It still takes at least 4 wins which is 10 games a day for a 50% win rate player. That's about 2 1/2 hours a day if everything goes as expected. Which is the kicker how many times do you come up 50 exp short. Last month you knew you would advance with the next win. I think they are making their game just a little too grindy.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
5 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

You might be right, but I'm not sure - the wording is ambiguous.

I agree, but there are people playing at lower tiers for whom a 1,300 Base XP game is a rare thing. Having to get that many XP in one shot rather than accumulate it in several bites is a massive raising of the bar for them. But compare the 1750 Base XP mission from the Aigle and Indianapolis marathons and think to yourself, how many newer, lower-tier players are routinely going to score 1,300 base XP on a loss?

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
18,355 battles
3 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

You might be right, but I'm not sure - the wording is ambiguous.  I've seen missions where the win condition and the BXP condition are entirely separate - e.g., in which you could do something like the 1000 BXP + win mission with three 350 BXP losses and a separate win.  Or it could be just like July - only wins count, but you can accumulate the BXP over multiple missions.  We'll have to see August 1.

I agree with you.  For the single battle stuff it normally will be "Win and earn 1000 BXP in a single battle."   

This one just says "win one battle and score 1000 BXP"  Why would it say win ONE BATTLE if it is simply a "win+BXP" condition?  I think the win and BXP will be separate criteria...

I bet co-op went way up in July due to having to win as part of the condition.  Random sucked this month.  I have played more co-op in July than the previous 2 years combined.  Went 2-23 one day and said "F this."  Only having to get a win every here and there will allow people back to random as they can make progress in losses...

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
7 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

I have played more co-op in July than the previous 2 years combined. 

Oddly enough, I didn't mind this. It was a good way to slow down and get some wins with relatively little effort, use ships I wouldn't ordinarily take out, and boost my morale before heading back into the random grinds.

[-K-]
Members
7,894 posts
13,057 battles

Agreed.  Definitely liked the old format better.  Much less confusing and easier to understand.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles
37 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

've seen missions where the win condition and the BXP condition are entirely separate - e.g., in which you could do something like the 1000 BXP + win mission with three 350 BXP losses and a separate win. 

I've looked at it again, and I'm beginning to think this interpretation is correct. If so, it makes the whole thing easier. Dip into co-op, get the win, then go back to Randoms where the base XP gains are better. It will probably have the downside of encouraging derpy YOLO play in Randoms to charge in, grab some easy XP and then die (lather, rinse, repeat), but so long as it's the people on the opposite teams doing this, I'll happily oblige them.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[A-I-M]
Members
2,525 posts
12,041 battles
41 minutes ago, Mainerd said:

...It still takes at least 4 wins which is 10 games a day for a 50% win rate player...

Your concept of 50% and mine differ greatly.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,807 posts
14,621 battles

I'd rather WG bring back tech-tree focus. I like grinding certain lines and getting reward for doing so!:fish_book:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,026 posts
17,526 battles

More importantly about this month is that we know it's WG's anniversary, so there are definitely (probably large) unannounced events coming up. You can always tell that something big is coming or has just ended, because the day-to-day rewards go down -- it's a bit like the water before a large wave.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I don't get it.

I play the game as I usually do, I don't even look at the daily missions "I don't care" I get  a reward "Surprise Surprise" I don't care enough to look why.

My style is what I do and Don't or Won't Play for the Missions as Demanded by WG. I stopped Grinding on purpose and Play the game "My Way" This has caused me to be Less Stressed and Now I have "FUN".

A game any game is designed to be Fun and Enjoyable for all who Play.

Those who Chase Stats are having Fun in their own way, Same as the one who is chasing the Grinds. I say to each their own,leave me out of your world It doesn't matter to me. I have my own.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

As I understand it, it used to be the case that, while some large mission chains (such as the "American arc" relating to the line split, etc.) were mandated and set up by Wargaming central, the offices in individual regions had some amount of discretion in setting up weekend missions and the like appropriate to their regions.  So one might expect, for example, that Russian Navy Day would be a bigger deal in, you know, Russia than it might be on the NA server.  But I just checked the monthly schedules for EU and RU, and they seem to be...exactly the same as ours.  Is one of the issues with the monthly event schedules a greater degree of centralization and the growing pains that is bringing?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles
5 hours ago, FrodoFraggin said:

The old way was awesome, we know what was coming up each week, could plan purchases, retraining, etc etc.

Now what? Nothing! 

I fully agree.

The change reveals WG's mind functioning: prior notification of sales distorts ongoing expenditures. Plus decisions must be made ahead of time.

Whatever happened to the hints at the bottom? 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unless it has changed from July, the requirement is that only BXP from winning battles counts, and those battle results are additive

I don't read the August requirements as "only in a single winning battle".  We'll have to see to be sure, though.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,480 posts
4,602 battles
32 minutes ago, Lillehuntrix said:

As I understand it, it used to be the case that, while some large mission chains (such as the "American arc" relating to the line split, etc.) were mandated and set up by Wargaming central, the offices in individual regions had some amount of discretion in setting up weekend missions and the like appropriate to their regions.  So one might expect, for example, that Russian Navy Day would be a bigger deal in, you know, Russia than it might be on the NA server.  But I just checked the monthly schedules for EU and RU, and they seem to be...exactly the same as ours.  Is one of the issues with the monthly event schedules a greater degree of centralization and the growing pains that is bringing?

Interesting observation.

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
402 posts
9,068 battles

The planning your month aspect was really useful, finish a grind to pick up a sale boat, optimizing flag usage and being aware of other sales was valuable and enhances game immersion. I didnt even know of the upgrade sale and captain training discount this past weekend until i came across it on the boards. Totally support the 'old way" ( and silver ship sales!) :)

[EQRN]
Members
1,817 posts
15,153 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I don't get it.

I play the game as I usually do, I don't even look at the daily missions "I don't care" I get  a reward "Surprise Surprise" I don't care enough to look why.

My style is what I do and Don't or Won't Play for the Missions as Demanded by WG. I stopped Grinding on purpose and Play the game "My Way" This has caused me to be Less Stressed and Now I have "FUN".

A game any game is designed to be Fun and Enjoyable for all who Play.

Those who Chase Stats are having Fun in their own way, Same as the one who is chasing the Grinds. I say to each their own,leave me out of your world It doesn't matter to me. I have my own.

You don't get what?  I don't get your post, its so non sequitur I half believe you meant to reply to another thread.  TLDR version, an informed player is a happy player.  You don't care what's coming up, more power to you - I don't get why the angst to let the whole world know, its like one of those quitting-the-game threads.  I also limit my time committed to the game, and I'd like to spend it as wisely as possible, and having an inkling of what's coming helps me immensely.  Example, perma camo for Helena is, I believe, coming out this month.  (Of course, if the monthly mission was like it used to be, I'd be 100% certain).  So using the old method, I'd know exactly when I want to be online, and I can slack off otherwise.  Now, its going to be logging in every day, "did it start yet, did it start yet?" and that's not how I'd like to spend my time.

• Cool 1

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles
10 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Your concept of 50% and mine differ greatly.

You need 2 games played to get the first 2 parts done leaving 4 wins at 50% that's 8 games to get on average. 2+8 =10. I don't know what numbers your using.

Edited by Mainerd

[A-I-M]
Members
2,525 posts
12,041 battles
1 hour ago, Mainerd said:

I don't know what numbers your [sic] using.

Obviously not. I was using, and quoting, yours. I was stating that you didnt know how to use them. Now we know that you didn't know how to state them either.

[DRB]
[DRB]
Beta Testers
915 posts
5,530 battles
6 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Obviously not. I was using, and quoting, yours. I was stating that you didnt know how to use them. Now we know that you didn't know how to state them either.

The information was known. We are talking about completing the the daily missions. How are you completing yours without the two games before the win requirement? It might just be that your a troll or just really slow.