You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HighVelocityHD

Which nation would you pick for the following ship type?

Which nation would you pick for the following Class?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Aircraft carriers

2. 2. Battleships

3. 3. Crusiers

4. 4. Destroyers

28 comments in this topic

[SIGN]
Members
10 posts
721 battles

Hi guys just want to know from experience which nation that would suit your playing style and which you prefer.Those who haven't played a particular ship type, please select none of the above.Thank you.

Edited by HighVelocityHD

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

You have mixed up "ship types" with "ship classes." The class of a ship refers to the design it was built to; for example, the Alabama is a South Dakota-class battleship. Contrast that with the aircraft carrier or destroyer, which are both types of ship that contain many, many different classes.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
11 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

You have mixed up "ship types" with "ship classes." The class of a ship refers to the design it was built to; for example, the Alabama is a South Dakota-class battleship. Contrast that with the aircraft carrier or destroyer, which are both types of ship that contain many, many different classes.

That and you should add a "none of the above" choice to your poll. For players who do not play that nation.

Edited by Chaos_EN2
  • Cool 1

0 posts

I picked all Axis because I am PURE EDGE. German superiority is eternal.

Members
5,107 posts
9,304 battles

Not to mention the preference will be toward an individuals play style.  A person who likes BBs and to brawl will likely choose the German BB line over the others or start the French line to get to the Alsase which is a decent brawler.  Some one who likes to hang back a but but hit hard would likely go with the IJN BB line.

[WORX]
Members
8,987 posts
17,131 battles
1 minute ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

That and you should add a "none of the above" choice to your poll. For players who do not play a Ship Type.

dont you mean "none of the above" for nation ?

[ARGSY]
Members
17,419 posts
12,084 battles

For aircraft carriers, you missed "British". For destroyers, you missed "French" and "Italian". 

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

dont you mean "none of the above" for nation ?

Yup sorry about that will fix it.:Smile_honoring:

Long Day been up since 0000 EST Midnight.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

I have next to no experience playing CVs so I just put IJN, BBs are a not-gonna-happen but its required so I also put IJN. 

Cruisers are a YMMV

DDs are IJN all the way to the moon and back

0 posts
4 minutes ago, ApexShimakaze said:

I have next to no experience playing CVs so I just put IJN, BBs are a not-gonna-happen but its required so I also put IJN. 

Cruisers are a YMMV

DDs are IJN all the way to the moon and back

Amen!

[HELLS]
Members
2,494 posts
24,814 battles
8 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

I picked all Axis because I am PURE EDGE. German superiority is eternal.

You need a reality check. They lost! Twice in 30 years! And in the second go-around they weren't even close in surface warfare! Submarines, however, are a different matter....

0 posts
Just now, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

You need a reality check. They lost! Twice in 30 years! And in the second go-around they weren't even close in surface warfare! Submarines, however, are a different matter....

They lost twice in twenty years because another player joined late in the game both times. YOU need a reality check.

[HELLS]
Members
2,494 posts
24,814 battles
1 minute ago, Hiroe said:

They lost twice in twenty years because another player joined late in the game both times. YOU need a reality check.

It is not about numbers, it is about who wins and why. If they had won the second time around (or the first for that matter) this casual discussion would not be happening at all. Think about that...

0 posts
Just now, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

It is not about numbers, it is about who wins and why. If they had won the second time around (or the first for that matter) this casual discussion would not be happening at all. Think about that...

No, it is about numbers. How much money you have; how many factories you have; how many men you have. You get the point. Man for man.. Germany was and is superior.

pE2jWVO.png

Beta Testers
155 posts
30 battles
31 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

No, it is about numbers. How much money you have; how many factories you have; how many men you have. You get the point. Man for man.. Germany was and is superior.

pE2jWVO.png

is that why every time one US Sherman tank was destroyed 10 more took there place?

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
36 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

Man for man during WWII, Germany was actually inferior to most of the Western powers because, unlike the rest, the Wehrmacht was founded on doctrines of attack and never truly learned how to properly defend. Were that not the case and they had, then they could possibly have held up the Russians for longer than they did, even possibly buying enough time for some of ther Wunderwaffen to come into play in greater numbers (though that is doubtful even then). In WWI, they were just as badly-led and ill-equipped as any other foot-slogger.

So your "argument" (to be generous) is invalid.

0 posts
Just now, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Man for man during WWII, Germany was actually inferior to most of the Western powers because, unlike the rest, the Wehrmacht was founded on doctrines of attack and never truly learned how to properly defend. Were that not the case and they had, then they could possibly have held up the Russians for longer than they did, even possibly buying enough time for some of ther Wunderwaffen to come into play in greater numbers (though that is doubtful even then). In WWI, they were just as badly-led and ill-equipped as any other foot-slogger.

So your "argument" (to be generous) is invalid.

What do you think the reason for those doctrines of attack was? There's always a reason.

[SIGN]
Members
10 posts
721 battles
1 hour ago, Chaos_EN2 said:

That and you should add a "none of the above" choice to your poll. For players who do not play that nation.

I apologize, i didnt know every question had to be answered for the user to submit the vote.

Members
4,202 posts
8,877 battles
Just now, HighVelocityHD said:

I apologize, i didnt know every question had to be answered for the user to submit the vote.

NP was just making a suggestion:Smile_honoring:

[SIGN]
Members
10 posts
721 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For aircraft carriers, you missed "British". For destroyers, you missed "French" and "Italian". 

For some nations that required premium ships, i didn't bother.

[SIGN]
Members
10 posts
721 battles
1 hour ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Your right, thank you for your correction.