Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Isn't Thursday the WG Anniversary?

20 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,454 posts
18,257 battles

Has anyone heard anything such as special deal or mission marking the day? Will there be a Founder's day gift? Not expecting it, just trying to get answers for my clan members.

[VFW]
Members
1,344 posts
27,389 battles

Don't know about WG in general...only that WoWS is in September.   For Sept, there is usually nice things done.

vr,

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles

Although what specifically hasn't been revealed...it's already been mentioned in the monthly calendar...

"In August, we're going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Wargaming.net and will begin preparations for the birthday of our beloved game—World of Warships. As usual, the festivities will bring special combat missions, discounts, and rewards"...

Just went up on the website 50 minutes ago.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles

Would be interesting if since it is the 20th  anniversary if they gave us a gift of being able to select any 1 premium ship for free...

Or a few Doubloons would be ok as well. :Smile_coin:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,718 posts
22,071 battles

I honestly don't remember them doing anything for the "Wargaming Anniversary" over the past couple of years other than missions and discounts. No freebies that I can recall although it could be they did but they were not rememberable things (i.e. a few flags or the like). Most certainly nothing compared to what they do for WoWS birthday in September (I think) where you get tons of signals and containers. The birthday event has been great for the two years I have been playing, the anniversary one, not so memorable. 

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,190 posts
12,338 battles
45 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Although what specifically hasn't been revealed...it's already been mentioned in the monthly calendar...

"In August, we're going to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Wargaming.net and will begin preparations for the birthday of our beloved game—World of Warships. As usual, the festivities will bring special combat missions, discounts, and rewards"...

Just went up on the website 50 minutes ago.

Yes it is and I was looking at it . There are daily log in bonuses . For 6 of them ; starting on the 4th and every 5 days after ; the bonus is 1K free xp . The Daily missions ; just like the ones this month , i.e.  daily one and two with 3 parts each , gives you the daily bonus at times 1 then times 2 then times 3 for a total of 13K free xp those days . Grand total for the month ; 13 x 6 = 93K free xp !!!!  Sounds pretty nice to me especially when adding the rest of the months bonuses .

:Smile_honoring:

[WORX]
Members
9,034 posts
17,182 battles

Funny how one remember a gaming site anniversary, but when it comes to our own relationship anniversary. We tell our spouses it was the old age dementia as to why we forget :P

• Funny 1

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,948 battles
31 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Would be interesting if since it is the 20th  anniversary if they gave us a gift of being able to select any 1 premium ship for free...

Or a few Doubloons would be ok as well. :Smile_coin:

Ask for the Graf Zeppelin?

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Ask for the Graf Zeppelin?

Actually no, I would ask for Harekaze which would actually be far more effective in my hands than Graf Zepplin since Graf AP Bombs can’t kill enemy DDs, the Harekaze 100mm Guns can And it’s Torps can kill CAs and BBs. I use Kagero effectively and is my favorite DD in the game, that is why I know Harekaze would be highly effective for me since it would correct the weakness of Kagero which is the Guns by giving it Akizuki guns instead.

If Harekaze was off the table for some Reason then I would go for Scharnhorst then since I like fast BBs and the Graf Spee 11’ Guns work well for me on my Graf Spee.

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles
2 hours ago, Shigure_DD said:

In CBT they gave a Albany out for the anniversary.

With Massachusetts taking the spotlight away from Alabama, that might actually end up being event ship at some point since doubt Alabama will do well in premium shop anymore, not with how good Mass is now. Only people that love major historical ships in their collections would buy her now.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

With Massachusetts taking the spotlight away from Alabama, that might actually end up being event ship at some point since doubt Alabama will do well in premium shop anymore, not with how good Mass is now. Only people that love major historical ships in their collections would buy her now.

Depends on the play style (& after reading this probably skill level of whoever is running it)...for long range accuracy of the mains Bama is gonna trump the wonky dispersion of the Mass every time...& even at close range was able to dodge 3 volleys of Mass mains while backing off an island from around 4km from the 1st volley to around 7.5 for the 3rd before I managed to duck behind an island & sending torps to make it turn away...1 woulda been toasted by the Bama probably on the 1st volley. The Mass' 2ndaries did fairly decent damage in that time but that was all healed up in just 1 Mino heal.

Members
614 posts
10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Funny how one remember a gaming site anniversary, but when it comes to our own relationship anniversary. We tell our spouses it was the old age dementia as to why we forget :P

Forgot about who now?

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
10 hours ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Yes it is and I was looking at it . There are daily log in bonuses . For 6 of them ; starting on the 4th and every 5 days after ; the bonus is 1K free xp . The Daily missions ; just like the ones this month , i.e.  daily one and two with 3 parts each , gives you the daily bonus at times 1 then times 2 then times 3 for a total of 13K free xp those days . Grand total for the month ; 13 x 6 = 93K free xp !!!!  Sounds pretty nice to me especially when adding the rest of the months bonuses .

:Smile_honoring:

I don't think anything in the calendar is what they were referring to in regards to the anniversary...think those are just our standard "monthly rewards" now w/the new daily mission system in place (prizes may continue to vary from month to month-although I hope the Free XP drops continue-but the system seems like it may be a new keeper).

I'm thinking there may be more specific stuff coming for the anniversary...although the actual WoWs anniversary will definitely be more rewarding than whatever they might do for WG anniversary...although thinking there might be something related to a multiple of 20 this time around for some reason.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
10 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

To be honest I wouldn't have remembered the WG/WoWs anniversary (sorry WG/WoWs...dog ate the post-it note I had the reminder wrote on) if either they hadn't posted it or from people in forums.

As far as relationship anniversaries go...if they would just post about it on the WoWs website it sure would make things a whole lot easier wouldn't it?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,474 posts
13,826 battles

Anniversary?

I'm afraid they're Russian so on the Gregorian rather than Julian calendar. You need to apply a correction factor ;)

[BNKR]
Members
1,552 posts
2,032 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Depends on the play style (& after reading this probably skill level of whoever is running it)...for long range accuracy of the mains Bama is gonna trump the wonky dispersion of the Mass every time...& even at close range was able to dodge 3 volleys of Mass mains while backing off an island from around 4km from the 1st volley to around 7.5 for the 3rd before I managed to duck behind an island & sending torps to make it turn away...1 woulda been toasted by the Bama probably on the 1st volley. The Mass' 2ndaries did fairly decent damage in that time but that was all healed up in just 1 Mino heal.

Alabama's accuracy isn't noticeably better in live combat. I still feel like I need to be under about 14km to get reliable performance. I mean, yeah, her guns will reach out over 24km, but I feel like you're just wasting your concealment for a chance that one shell may or may not even make contact.

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles
35 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Alabama's accuracy isn't noticeably better in live combat. I still feel like I need to be under about 14km to get reliable performance. I mean, yeah, her guns will reach out over 24km, but I feel like you're just wasting your concealment for a chance that one shell may or may not even make contact.

Yeah that is what I noticed while fighting against them, often in my Bismarck. 14km means your in Bismarck’s accurate gun range as well, plus only takes moment to get into secondary range and get cooked that way in Alabama or citadeled. Massachusetts on other hand can give a lot of secondary firepower in return.

[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

For the 20th WG anniversary, WG will finally Add Submarines  to the game. Player operated 4 torp max once fired the Sub must surface and use the Deck Gun for the duration.

Torp Range is 3k 25k Alpha damage per torp.

Sub has 1500 HP and 1 mm armor.

Deck Gun range is 4 k 100mm He only.

Detectability is 6k

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this