Nurhaal

Flooding from BB Mass AP?

24 comments in this topic

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles

SO I accidentally queued for a Co-op, forgetting that my last played match was a training mission where I was experimenting with something last night.

I rushed in with my Massachusetts and proudly started tanking a Bismark and a Cruiser within 4km, because why not...

Then, as I was about to die... I caused a flood on the CA.. with AP...

I thought BB AP rounds were not supposed to cause flooding...

I just caused a flood on a CA firing at it's bow as BB with no torps. Want a screenshot?

So did WeeGee actually remove this mechanic like they said or did they just laughably reduce it's RNG chance to being so low that once in a blue moon, it still triggers. BTW, the Flood killed the CA. LOL

BBMassFloodingShot.thumb.jpg.4b15f05244eeb40994dc7989bf9405da.jpg 

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

You rammed a cruiser. You can see it in the minimap right next to your arrow... although I would like someone with better resolution to take a look there. It appears as though your arrow and that cruiser symbol are heading towards one another at point blank range.

Edited by Levits

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
6 minutes ago, Levits said:

You rammed a cruiser. You can see it in the minimap right next to your arrow... although I would like someone with better resolution to take a look there. It appears as though your arrow and that cruiser symbol are heading towards one another at point blank range.

Nope, no Ram, he was about 2 to 4 km away. My aft was facing him ( i was kiting ). 

As far as I'm aware, only Torps and Ramming cause floods, and as you can see? I have no Ramming ribbon. Just AP hits along with a random flood...

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles

Then probably a bug. The minimap definitely shows a dead cruiser in the exact same spot as your BB though. Allied or enemy, I cannot tell.

Edited by Levits

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
3 minutes ago, Levits said:

Then probably a bug. The minimap definitely shows a dead cruiser in the exact same spot as your BB though. Allied or enemy, I cannot tell.

If you zoom in all the way to full res, you'll see that my arrow indicator is pointing northward to that northern island a sector D4. The cruiser corpse arrow was following me and was the one I caused the flooding on that killed him. 

Has anyone had this bug happen to them on the receiving end in a live match? I'd hate to see the chat rants of a guy who died from a Flood caused from a single AP shell fired from a BB...

Members
3,259 posts
11,724 battles
9 minutes ago, Nurhaal said:

Nope, no Ram, he was about 2 to 4 km away. My aft was facing him ( i was kiting ). 

As far as I'm aware, only Torps and Ramming cause floods, and as you can see? I have no Ramming ribbon. Just AP hits along with a random flood...

I dont recall a ramming ribbon. There is a ramming achievement, when you ram and survive. 

We need a replay. What you're describing, shouldnt be possible. It was at one time, but was removed from the game. 

• Cool 1

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
4 minutes ago, Nurhaal said:

If you zoom in all the way to full res, you'll see that my arrow indicator is pointing northward to that northern island a sector D4.

The cruiser behind you, yes. But there is a cruiser symbol right under your arrow. It is pointing in the opposite direction. Towards your BB.

It's tip of the arrow is actually touching the tip of the cruiser (arrow) behind you.

You can actually see the rear of the cruiser symbol sticking out of the circle.

Edited by Levits

[HSD]
Members
633 posts
11,821 battles

As this appears to be CoOp no special awards are given out for ramming (example Die Hard). 

Replay or the detailed results screen would give information that could answer this if you happen to have either. 

Either way looking very closely at the screenshot there is another ship icon buried with your arrow icon and also the second ship icon on your rear. 

One guess is you had your camera on the chasing ship and collided with another enemy ship unawares because you were looking behind at the chasing cruiser. The collision occurred at the fortuitous moment that an AP salvo from you connected with the chasing cruiser. 

Second guess, the enemy ship ahead of you died, you hit the sinking hulk which immediately brought you to a near stop allowing the chasing cruiser to suddenly gain and ram you and in the heat of the moment this detail was missed.

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
1 minute ago, Meatshield_No13 said:

Second guess, the enemy ship ahead of you died, you hit the sinking hulk which immediately brought you to a near stop allowing the chasing cruiser to suddenly gain and ram you and in the heat of the moment this detail was missed.

I would have to go with the first. Those symbols on the minimap are enlarged to the point that you have to be directly center of one (such as his arrow dead center of the cruiser's icon) in order to ram. The enemy cruiser icon behind him is far far too distant to have rammed him.

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

I dont recall a ramming ribbon. There is a ramming achievement, when you ram and survive. 

We need a replay. What you're describing, shouldnt be possible. It was at one time, but was removed from the game. 

that's what I'm saying! How did this even happen?

I had to of hit something when I wasn't looking is my guess. I don't have replays enabled but seriously need to do it so I can review my tactics. I'm honestly trying hard to get better at the game so why not...

My guess is I didn't see a target hit me literally the exact moment I hit the CA with that last shot from the rear turret. I can't accept AP causing flooding unless I was rammed by an AI I didn't see, as Levits pointed out via the Minimap. To make it MORE confusing, I literally had less than 300hp because I was burning. 

I'm sure it was just a fluke that I was literally about to die any micro second, and my shells landed and the flood ribbon popped up when I hit that CA in the bow.

If I rammed a target by accident whilst also killing the CA behind me, wouldn't that award a Double Strike or does that require you to actually survive?

[HSD]
Members
633 posts
11,821 battles

Double Strike isn’t awarded in CoOp either. 

The achievements like High Caliber, Confederate, Dreadnaught, First Blood aren’t awarded in CoOp.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,869 posts
13,616 battles
32 minutes ago, b101uk said:

did you run into a ship and kill them, if so that causes flooding.

This, it used to be possible though not likely to cause flodding with shell fire but that has not been in the game for a long time.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,808 posts
7,925 battles

The one screen shot that you could've possibly taken, it's the one that is the least telling of explaining this particular situation.

The detailed page for that battle would've been far more telling and a replay would be the absolute proof.

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
5 minutes ago, Levits said:

I would have to go with the first. Those symbols on the minimap are enlarged to the point that you have to be directly center of one (such as his arrow dead center of the cruiser's icon) in order to ram. The enemy cruiser icon behind him is far far too distant to have rammed him.

LOL there it is!

I've only played one CoOp on that BB class and there she blows! Stats say it was a ninja Ram!

Damn, don't I feel silly!

Seriously it felt so legit, my shells hit the CA behind me and killed him right as the Ribbon for the flood popped, meanwhile I had 300 HP and he hit me... all 3 of us must of died literally at the same time. 

BBMassFloodingShotEndgamestats.jpg

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,535 battles

You ran over the cruiser in front of you while you were focused on the one chasing you.

[C-1]
Members
438 posts
8,687 battles
3 hours ago, Nurhaal said:

Damn, don't I feel silly!

Good ole situational awareness helps a lot in this game. But it's very easy to get tunnel vision all the same. Happens to the best of us.

Community Department
3,293 posts
1,296 battles
11 hours ago, Nurhaal said:

SO I accidentally queued for a Co-op, forgetting that my last played match was a training mission where I was experimenting with something last night.

I rushed in with my Massachusetts and proudly started tanking a Bismark and a Cruiser within 4km, because why not...

Then, as I was about to die... I caused a flood on the CA.. with AP...

I thought BB AP rounds were not supposed to cause flooding...

I just caused a flood on a CA firing at it's bow as BB with no torps. Want a screenshot?

So did WeeGee actually remove this mechanic like they said or did they just laughably reduce it's RNG chance to being so low that once in a blue moon, it still triggers. BTW, the Flood killed the CA. LOL

Spoiler

BBMassFloodingShot.thumb.jpg.4b15f05244eeb40994dc7989bf9405da.jpg

Do you have other screenshots with after battle stats or replay? Can't say anything without.
But as for me it seems like ramming.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles

Did you check the after-battle detailed report? It would have told you what the exact mode of death was for each ship you destroyed, and it would report damage or destruction by ramming. A screenshot of that would have been definitive proof one way or the other.

If you have the replay, the mode of death is also displayed just above the minimap as it happens.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TORAS]
Members
125 posts
1,500 battles
12 hours ago, turbo07 said:

Do you have other screenshots with after battle stats or replay? Can't say anything without.
But as for me it seems like ramming.

My most recent shows a screenshot of the BBs stats in Co-ops. I've only played 1 game in Co-Op on that BB and it's recorded on my profile. On that stat screen, there it is! Game says I rammed a guy. It appears I rammed a CA at the very same time I was about to die and right when I shot the CA behind me. It appears I was credited with that Ram Kill as well, so I got 2 kills in a span of a tenth of a second. It was THAT close, i'm serious! LOL

So, there's no cause for alarm! It appears that I wasn't watching where I was going.