You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
exray0

Proposed QOL Change for Camo

6 comments in this topic

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles

Alright so currently camouflage appearance and bonuses are directly linked. For example, Ocean soul is blue/white horizontal lines in appearance, and provides:

• -3% to surface detectability range.

• +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.

• +100% to experience earned in the battle.

• +20% credits earned in the battle.

Those bonuses are decent, but not everyone loves the look of Ocean Soul... right /u/Sub_Octavian ? Then I got to thinking I would like some appearance options and WoWs is missing out on capitalizing on the F2P cosmetics market a bit.

I propose the following; split the camouflage system into two parts.

1. The template - this is the actual physical appearance of the camouflage. You only need to get it once and it can be applied to any ship. It could be purchased via the shop, earned by achievements, reward for ranked/CB, or found in super containers.

2. The stat pack - instead of getting full camouflage as we do now (with an appearance and stat bonuses attached) instead we just get a "pack" of stat bonuses that can be applied to any visual camouflage template. They would still be a limited use item and earned the same way that full camouflage is now - if I don't have any "stat packs" to apply to my template, I cannot use the template. So instead of oh let's say buying x25 Restless Fire Camo, I would buy a x25

• +250% Commander experience earned in the battle.

stat pack and apply it to my camouflage template of choice.

I like this idea because it provides me visual customization options, it opens up what I think could be a very lucrative cosmetics market for WG, and it doesn't require a drastic overhaul of the camo visuals that are already in the game because you aren't changing the looks, just the stat bonuses provided. There are some details to be worked out in there (esp w/ permacamo) but I think it's a good idea.

I could see the camouflage templates being a very popular store item and a much more visible (and thus desirable) prestige item for high CB winners/high rank players.

• Cool 5

Members
1,215 posts
3,177 battles

I don't see this happening. Camo is fine the way it is, the game has more important things to be worked on. 

Cool suggestion though, I would like to see more customization as well. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint

Members
3,064 posts
1,923 battles
16 minutes ago, exray0 said:

Alright so currently camouflage appearance and bonuses are directly linked. For example, Ocean soul is blue/white horizontal lines in appearance, and provides:

• +100% to experience earned in the battle.

• +20% credits earned in the battle.

Those bonuses are decent, but not everyone loves the look of Ocean Soul... right /u/Sub_Octavian ? Then I got to thinking I would like some appearance options and WoWs is missing out on capitalizing on the F2P cosmetics market a bit.

I propose the following; split the camouflage system into two parts.

1. The template - this is the actual physical appearance of the camouflage. You only need to get it once and it can be applied to any ship. It could be purchased via the shop, earned by achievements, reward for ranked/CB, or found in super containers.

2. The stat pack - instead of getting full camouflage as we do now (with an appearance and stat bonuses attached) instead we just get a "pack" of stat bonuses that can be applied to any visual camouflage template. They would still be a limited use item and earned the same way that full camouflage is now - if I don't have any "stat packs" to apply to my template, I cannot use the template. So instead of oh let's say buying x25 Restless Fire Camo, I would buy a x25

• +250% Commander experience earned in the battle.

stat pack and apply it to my camouflage template of choice.

I like this idea because it provides me visual customization options, it opens up what I think could be a very lucrative cosmetics market for WG, and it doesn't require a drastic overhaul of the camo visuals that are already in the game because you aren't changing the looks, just the stat bonuses provided. There are some details to be worked out in there (esp w/ permacamo) but I think it's a good idea.

I could see the camouflage templates being a very popular store item and a much more visible (and thus desirable) prestige item for high CB winners/high rank players.

that is a great idea!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles

I like it.

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles

I'd like to chose my pattern- but not based on rewards.