Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Guardian54

+50% team points not nearly enough of a max adjustment

15 comments in this topic

[70]
Members
1,211 posts
6,662 battles

At the present rate, sharks will win for first 17 days, i.e. when the first guys to jump ship have maxed out their loyalty.

The balancing adjustment for team point gain seems to cap at +50%, which is not nearly adequate to make the race even vaguely suspenseful... and given the low Losing Team (Eagles) population, WG should make the next event's balancing factor lag slightly behind the closing of the gap. In other words, when it should be +80%, it's still stuck on +100%, and when it is supposed to hit 0% it is still +20%, with the other team also lagging similarly when losing boost. 

Edited by Guardian54

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
12,452 posts

I don't know this event is set up but if it depends on total points collected per team then WG should have seen the flaw in the system before they even implemented it. If they had used the average points per team then it might have been a contest. Or not, as the best and most persistent mostly seem to have jumped on the Shark bandwagon. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[HELLS]
Members
2,497 posts
24,838 battles
17 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I don't know this event is set up but if it depends on total points collected per team then WG should have seen the flaw in the system before they even implemented it. If they had used the average points per team then it might have been a contest. Or not, as the best and most persistent mostly seem to have jumped on the Shark bandwagon. 

It is about persistance more than anything else. I am a below average player on the Shark team but so far I somehow manage to get my 4 crates. Only missed once because of other life stuff, and it is not so important that I really need to push my luck in this. My stats are public and anyone who looks at them will see how patchy they are, depending on what ships I play. All about having fun.

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles

I don't really see the reason everyone gets so upset about it being uneven.  It's just an event to farm for stuff, and an easy one at that. Yes, the extra crate per day is nice, but aside from that the Eagles get the same rewards as the Sharks.  Both can get one TX permacamo free, and another for $15... plus a bunch of other stuff.  This isn't some permanent game mode that got botched. It's something they threw out there to break up the monotony of just grinding to grind, and threw in some very good rewards to boot.  Don't get the angry responses to it.  

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,718 posts
22,071 battles
32 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I don't really see the reason everyone gets so upset about it being uneven.  It's just an event to farm for stuff, and an easy one at that. Yes, the extra crate per day is nice, but aside from that the Eagles get the same rewards as the Sharks.  Both can get one TX permacamo free, and another for $15... plus a bunch of other stuff.  This isn't some permanent game mode that got botched. It's something they threw out there to break up the monotony of just grinding to grind, and threw in some very good rewards to boot.  Don't get the angry responses to it.  

I think Wargaming should have learned its lesson with the "Clash of Elements" event. Just like then WG'ing makes it out to be a competition but it isn't one in reality. Some players want a real competition and again, this is just a disappointment. The players who have that competitive drive are boned because once the snowball started there is nothing that can be done except change teams. Anyways hardly matters but just a warning to the aggravated players, don't expect too much and you won't be let down. Just farm your rewards and move on.

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
6,386 posts
14,047 battles

What they should have done is make the recruiting offer for the losing team the next day add a crate for each consecutive day that they have lost. So for an example: tomorrow, the offer would be 6 crates to go to Eagles or 2 loyalty points for the sharks. Eventually, there would be enough players that would bite and go to the Eagle and tip the balance.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[4HIM]
Members
2,850 posts
10,773 battles

I dunno.  This whole event has seemed like a big yawn to me.  Only way I know who's 'winning' is when I log in to the game or when I see a post about it on the forums.  Doubt I'll end up with enough to get one of the camo's.  

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,718 posts
22,071 battles
36 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I dunno.  This whole event has seemed like a big yawn to me.  Only way I know who's 'winning' is when I log in to the game or when I see a post about it on the forums.  Doubt I'll end up with enough to get one of the camo's.  

Zardoz if you just play a battle once a day for the whole freaking 20 something odd days, you will earn enough in loyalty point to buy one of the tier 10 camos with the tokens  you earn. If you plan on getting one of those ships (IMHO getting a spare Salem camo is pointless) it is worth it. I think perm camos for tier 10s run around 20-25 bucks USD. You don't even have to play a PvP match, do a 5 minute match in co-op to earn a few points and yer done.

[4HIM]
Members
2,850 posts
10,773 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Zardoz if you just play a battle once a day for the whole freaking 20 something odd days, you will earn enough in loyalty point to buy one of the tier 10 camos with the tokens  you earn. If you plan on getting one of those ships (IMHO getting a spare Salem camo is pointless) it is worth it. I think perm camos for tier 10s run around 20-25 bucks USD. You don't even have to play a PvP match, do a 5 minute match in co-op to earn a few points and yer done.

Oh I know. I just can't seem to get the least bit excited about it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,718 posts
22,071 battles
4 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Oh I know. I just can't seem to get the least bit excited about it. 

Hey right there with you, not excited at all. I treat the game like a job, just go in and do what I need to do and when I am done, go on to something fun. 

I figure one day I will either just get totally bored with it and quit or it may turn into something I love playing. 

[4HIM]
Members
2,850 posts
10,773 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Hey right there with you, not excited at all. I treat the game like a job, just go in and do what I need to do and when I am done, go on to something fun. 

I figure one day I will either just get totally bored with it and quit or it may turn into something I love playing. 

Don't treat it like a job. But lately I just want to switch off my brain and blow up boats.  Don't care about any missions. 

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

You know, in a month it won’t really matter which team you are, just stick with the team that has your preferred Worcester camo. If you don’t care about that, just play on the sharks until the tide turns to get the extra container.

Sign in to follow this