Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

2nd 4 pt skill for Montana

4 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Decisions, decisions...

I took Fire Prevention first.  (survivability build)

So, do I go for AFT to extend the range of my secondaries and AA guns?

or

Manual AA for more DIE SQUADRON, DIE! power?

I'll be taking Adrenaline Rush and Superintendant to finish the captain, whenever I get there.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,753 posts
21,823 battles
10 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Decisions, decisions...

I took Fire Prevention first.  (survivability build)

So, do I go for AFT to extend the range of my secondaries and AA guns?

or

Manual AA for more DIE SQUADRON, DIE! power?

I'll be taking Adrenaline Rush and Superintendant to finish the captain, whenever I get there.

If you are doing a Survival Build and you got FP already, get CE.  FP + BoS, alongside DCSM1 & 2 will make her deal with fires extremely well.  Having CE will let you control your engagements better.

If you wanted an AA Build on Montana, FP is a waste.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Well, I have 3/4 of those already:  DCP I; FP; BoS.    I took the rudder shift mod instead of DCP II.

I did also take the concealment upgrade over acquisitions systems.

I guess you could call my build a hybrid:  ie try to enhance Monty's strong points,(main battery and AA) and shore up it's defenses. (those kerosene soaked decks...)

upgrades:

Aux armament 1.   To preserve my AA as long as possible.

Damage control 1

AA upgrade 2.

Steering Gears 2

Concealment 1

Plotting room 2

Skillz:   13 point captain (John Doe for the improved turret traverse)  I'm 1 or 2 games from my 14th point.

Preventative maintenance.

Expert Marksman

Basics of Survivability

Fire Prevention.

I'll often add premium DCP, and the signal flags that speed up reload of consumables; speed up putting out fires; and improve your heal.   Seems to work- I rarely die from fires- even if I burn a lot.   Mostly it's focused fire overwhelming my heal, citadels from the blue, or the odd torpedo I don't manage to dodge.   

I'm primarily a Co-opper, as hi-tier random meta interests me not at all.   Thus, Monty burns like a torch no matter what I put on it, as bots have an obscene fire starting chance.   PM does seem to help with the breakage though, and so does Aux armament 1.

I had looked at CE, as I put it on most of my US BB's.   Monty is just so HUGE that I'm not sure how big a difference it would make- I'm firing most of the time so gun bloom is outting me anyway.  (not that bots even care about nicities like spotting rules...)

Thanks for the quick reply!

Members
152 posts
9,974 battles

I've been wondering about that myself Fletcher.  I don't think I need anymore AA, I've gotten 50+ aircraft several times.  Our builds are very similar, I have a level 15 John Doe and have not gotten a second 4pt skill yet.  I too used skill for fire control  EL - HA, EM - BOS, BFT - FP

I prefer co-ops myself, still trying for 8 sinks in one only got 7 once.   I like Random battles but people like to sit back and fight at distance or run if you approach an area, not all the time just too often.   The monty is downright a fun brawler and there is more support in a co-op generally.  You're either aggressive or not get points and so the players go for it, more fun, less waiting time.  The more bots on your team the more sinks you'll get generally.

Sign in to follow this