You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Usedcarjock

I need a break

14 comments in this topic

[SEALZ]
Members
664 posts
7,479 battles

*sigh* Little bit of a vent here. I don’t know what it is. Maybe I’ve become so jaded as of late I don’t see the fun in the game I used to. Maybe it was one bad team to many. Whatever the reason I cannot join a match without several minutes in feeling frustrated, annoyed, and most importantly I’m not having fun. I’m not enjoying my time in a hobby I love. High tier isn’t fun to play, and even low tier is grinding me out. I’m not blaming this on anyone, I just think it’s time to hang up the captains hat for a while, because at this rate I’ll probably rage uninstall within a week. I love this game, but maybe it’s time to rest before I start to hate it.

• Cool 3

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts

good plan OP i was having a terrible day so im doing the same why im on the forum )

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,529 posts
18,794 battles
21 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

*sigh* Little bit of a vent here. I don’t know what it is. Maybe I’ve become so jaded as of late I don’t see the fun in the game I used to. Maybe it was one bad team to many. Whatever the reason I cannot join a match without several minutes in feeling frustrated, annoyed, and most importantly I’m not having fun. I’m not enjoying my time in a hobby I love. High tier isn’t fun to play, and even low tier is grinding me out. I’m not blaming this on anyone, I just think it’s time to hang up the captains hat for a while, because at this rate I’ll probably rage uninstall within a week. I love this game, but maybe it’s time to rest before I start to hate it.

Division up and wreck havok, it brings the fun back.

[NEMO]
Members
814 posts
8,554 battles
25 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Randoms got me so frustrated I mostly only play co-op and scenarios now....

[MKF]
Members
548 posts
20,037 battles
30 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Nothing wrong with taking a break, helped me a while back. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,246 posts
10,521 battles

Last night I lost my first 5 game didn't play very well obviously . Then I go on to win my next 5 games even though I still didn't play very well . Think you just have to relax because there's not much one person can do to swing a match unless your great . So do your best keep trying to improve remember its a game . Sometimes I feel like someone I cant see in there figures out who is winning and who is losing .

Members
297 posts
2,405 battles
1 hour ago, Usedcarjock said:

Not a problem at all. Take your time, and we'll be waiting and hoping on your return. :)

[TWFT]
Members
1,254 posts
35,246 battles

You will be fine, we will see you in a week or two......or a month........or next year.      :Smile_honoring:

0 posts

I uninstalled a couple months ago because I wasn't having fun either. I've been much happier since. I think what happens is the aspects of the game we find fun we eventually stop finding fun (as with all things, we need to take breaks) and so we start playing for another reason (stats or winning for example) and playing for another reason isn't the same. It's actually the opposite sometimes. It's stressful and turns the game into a burden.

Edited by Hiroe

[STW-N]
Members
3,763 posts
8,540 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 12:06 AM, Usedcarjock said:

Take your time, we all have burnout. Better to rest and come back with renewed vigor than continue playing to the limit, at which point you'll probably find yourself throwing the game in the cyber trashcan and the computer out the window.

Some simple salt-reducing activities include going out with some friends, reading a nice book, or sleeping.

Why not try some other games? Kancolle, for instance (although that has a horrendous amount of RNG), but also non-naval games.

If you're a naval enthusiast and have a little money to burn, why not travel and go see a few preserved warships? Iowa, for instance, is sitting in LA, and her sisters are sitting in various parts of the US, all there for you to visit.

Iowa wants a happy and healthy admiral, not a bitter and unenthusiastic one: don't disappoint her.

nnPG2u8.png

Beta Testers
1,285 posts
10,178 battles

I recently took over a year off. Came back...game is still annoying. T10 and T9 aren't fun and I'm tired of the foul mouthed raging up there.

Going back up the US cruiser line since CBT and abusing those high shot arcs with no mercy. How bad are lower tiers? I dominated a t6 match in my Ohmaha by doing nothing but doing a circle in my cap and scoring a 100k damage and a kraken and typing lalalalala over and over. 

Next match I was blind shooting a Fiji parked a bit too far behind an island. So he popped smoke...but didn't move. Whoosh. Who's on fire again? DD on our team spotting the Fiji from a distance drove into the map border he was laughing so hard. "Hey Fuji, try your hydros".

Lalalalala......

[SEALZ]
Members
664 posts
7,479 battles
On 8/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, Avenge_December_7 said:

Take your time, we all have burnout. Better to rest and come back with renewed vigor than continue playing to the limit, at which point you'll probably find yourself throwing the game in the cyber trashcan and the computer out the window.

Some simple salt-reducing activities include going out with some friends, reading a nice book, or sleeping.

Why not try some other games? Kancolle, for instance (although that has a horrendous amount of RNG), but also non-naval games.

If you're a naval enthusiast and have a little money to burn, why not travel and go see a few preserved warships? Iowa, for instance, is sitting in LA, and her sisters are sitting in various parts of the US, all there for you to visit.

Iowa wants a happy and healthy admiral, not a bitter and unenthusiastic one: don't disappoint her.

nnPG2u8.png

Well I took your advice and hung up the admirals hat for a week and a half. In that time I picked up another game to keep me occupied (GFL for those interested). While I couldn’t visit Iowa, I did visit her sister Wisconsin in Norfolk Virginia. 

486AC0B0-CD17-4664-8E90-119C9F3FDA77.thumb.jpeg.c575fa5a9e6989aeb0921c9fa04f4a8a.jpeg

Such a pretty ship. Today though marked my return to a World of Warships. I logged in, doubts lingering in the back of my mind. Although some people’s life choices today were questionable to say the least, I must say my temperament as much better, and I With the help of three others was able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, despite a certain asashio’s attempts to prevent it. I missed this game, and I’m glad I can play it again without wanting to uninstall every match, even if it’s just for the time being.

I also would like to think Iowa is proud of her Admiral.

D8968769-C699-4CC9-B1F9-A9CF0B9D9AFD.thumb.jpeg.45b78804eb75043c6a40563cf9cf1fdc.jpeg

[STW-N]
Members
3,763 posts
8,540 battles
19 hours ago, Usedcarjock said:

Well I took your advice and hung up the admirals hat for a week and a half. In that time I picked up another game to keep me occupied (GFL for those interested). While I couldn’t visit Iowa, I did visit her sister Wisconsin in Norfolk Virginia. 

486AC0B0-CD17-4664-8E90-119C9F3FDA77.thumb.jpeg.c575fa5a9e6989aeb0921c9fa04f4a8a.jpeg

Such a pretty ship. Today though marked my return to a World of Warships. I logged in, doubts lingering in the back of my mind. Although some people’s life choices today were questionable to say the least, I must say my temperament as much better, and I With the help of three others was able to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, despite a certain asashio’s attempts to prevent it. I missed this game, and I’m glad I can play it again without wanting to uninstall every match, even if it’s just for the time being.

I also would like to think Iowa is proud of her Admiral.

D8968769-C699-4CC9-B1F9-A9CF0B9D9AFD.thumb.jpeg.45b78804eb75043c6a40563cf9cf1fdc.jpeg

Ah, good to have you back, and with burnout relieved to boot!

I'm sure Iowa is pleased to have you back as well:

5b6dbf2f9fe9b_IowaKancolle.thumb.jpg.d2c29f11a884212ec121eb3342ceaf8a.jpg

As for me, I've just returned with Ari and Co. from lying around for a bit in the Dead Sea in Israel (which is presumably filled with the salt of all the sunken potatoes).

IMG_20180810_122557080_HDR.thumb.jpg.b4b3a6de1e85b2ce7ce824195b4cc292.jpg

Oh, and here's a picture of Arizona in her bathing suit (don't mind the other shipgirls around her):

5b6dc129ae8a1_ScreenShot2018-08-10at7_44_54PM.png.094dfc3c61a10f83feddc8f5f9533b0b.png