You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Riker_2

Nurnberg

7 comments in this topic

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

Can somebody tell me why i have to aim like i shooting at a dd to hit a bb playing Nurnberg i did not have to aim so far a head when playing the Kongsberg and they have the same guns. I liked the Kongsberg but begin to hate Nurnberg and when other ships are angled i have to aim at the water to even hit them or it goes over can anybody help me.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

What cross hair are you using?  That changes how you aim.  It may be you are finally playing against battleships that can go 30 knots vs. barely 20.  Low tier dds do mid 30s so that could be your problem there.  Make sure you know a ship's max speed.

The last part is all about whether they are getting closer or further.  If angled and going away you need to aim for their deck or superstructure to hit the side and if they are coming closer you do need to aim in the water.  You can try looking at Ichase's dynamic crosshair video or Notser's old aiming video (I can link them if you need).  I personally use crosshair 7 since the angle lines help me aim when ships are angled away or toward me.

Personally I liked the Nurnberg's guns better so it is probably where you are aiming rather than the guns themselves.  Make sure you aim for BB superstructure because its often difficult or impossible to penetrate even the upper belt on some BBs you will face.

[HC]
Beta Testers
2,662 posts
12,121 battles
31 minutes ago, Riker_2 said:

Can somebody tell me why i have to aim like i shooting at a dd to hit a bb playing Nurnberg i did not have to aim so far a head when playing the Kongsberg and they have the same guns. I liked the Kongsberg but begin to hate Nurnberg and when other ships are angled i have to aim at the water to even hit them or it goes over can anybody help me.

Exactly which battleships are you needing to lead like DD's, at tier 5, Kongo's are almost as fast as the destroyers, with the Giulio Cesare not far behind.

At tier 6, the Normandie and Dunkerque are the speed demons, not quite destroyer like though.

There aren't many slow pokes left by tier 7 (the highest the Kongsburg can see) and by tier 8 (the highest the Nurnburg can see), even US Navy battleships are pretty fast.

Beta Testers
631 posts
5,967 battles
1 hour ago, Riker_2 said:

There are a few factors in this, first would be what range your shooting them at, second would be what ships are you actually shooting at, and third it seems to be you just need to get used to hitting shots while people are maneuvering. Nurnberg is nice at close range with fast shells, but also nice at range with her arcs. She will take time to get used to, but once you do she can be quite strong

Members
623 posts
8,792 battles

The Nurn's guns are excellent and perform almost exactly the same as Konigsberg, so not sure what issue is beyond facing higher-tier ships(eh OP has nearly 3k games) or user error.

Members
35 posts
4,099 battles

I face tier 6 7 and sometimes 8  i also use Static Type 3 i have to go out to the 10 or 11 line to hit BB or it goes behind them and then sometimes it goes wide. For range 16 k to 15 k 

Edited by Riker_2
Add more

[NG-NL]
Members
187 posts
8,322 battles

When I'm uncertain about my aim, I fire 1 gun at a time and watch where my shells hit, then adjust. In Nürnberg, that's a shot every 2 or 3 seconds, a nice rate of fire until you get it "dialed in."

Nürnberg can be scary when you face tier 8 battleships. In that situation, I attack the smaller ships first. The flat gun arcs are hell on DDs, and German AP can take a nice bite out of a cruiser. Friendly BBs don't mind if I lurk around them and keep the stabby torpedoes away. Then if I survive until the end-game, I just snipe HE at the big boys, preferably while said big boys are already fighting someone else. Or I fight the caps.