You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Nearly Everyone Has Abandoned Eagles

61 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
17,461 posts
12,122 battles
2 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

You can make the top 1000 in points with two good games played.

You realise this will send people flocking back (pun intended) to try this out, don't you? :Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
816 posts
13,236 battles

Actually whats the highest points someone  got from a game? 

by the end of the day to make the top 1000  in eagle still need just over 1297 points (average)  in eagle , i think  youll need more then 2 great games . 

[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles

I'm still an Eagle, don't plan on going anywhere. I have been getting plenty of boxes and working my way up the loyalty track. The main thing that matters in this event is loyalty as all the good rewards and locked behind it. Since you don't have to win to get it, its pointless jumping ship to the winner. I am stay on the side that has the camo I want!

• Cool 5

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
4 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

Actually whats the highest points someone  got from a game? 

by the end of the day to make the top 1000  in eagle still need just over 1297 points (average)  in eagle , i think  youll need more then 2 great games . 

A tier 10 kraken win game (no special mission, no other achievements) is 360.  I'm top 500 currently with like 700 so he's not exactly wrong.  Personally don't think they have scaled the multiplier hard enough.  It should eventually be impossible for Sharks to win if they did it right but if anything they are winning harder.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
2 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I'm still an Eagle, don't plan on going anywhere. I have been getting plenty of boxes and working my way up the loyalty track. The main thing that matters in this event is loyalty as all the good rewards and locked behind it. Since you don't have to win to get it, its pointless jumping ship to the winner. I am stay on the side that has the camo I want!

Yep same.  The shark bow is kinda nice but having sharks coming out of your superstructure???? Please.

• Cool 1

Members
2,255 posts

I should switch over and milk the crates for a few days, then finish out sharks in easy mode... When people get done and switch to eagles. 

[13TH]
Members
4,898 posts
8,827 battles

As soon as I saw the name Shark and Eagle it was a no brainer that the sharks would get the bulk of the players and better teams... next time call them sardine and herring were there is no better name pick

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TKS-]
Members
816 posts
13,236 battles
1 minute ago, mrh308 said:

A tier 10 kraken win game (no special mission, no other achievements) is 360.  I'm top 500 currently with like 700 so he's not exactly wrong.  Personally don't think they have scaled the multiplier hard enough.  It should eventually be impossible for Sharks to win if they did it right but if anything they are winning harder.

If you play in the morning being top 100 is not difficult but its pointless  . and you'll need to win 3 or 4 of those kraken games to be in the top 1000 . if you can do that  well bless you , you're special. 

The points multiplier doesn't mean anything as its after you get your own points . anyway that just ends up giving you an extra container a day to the winning team so like a $60 value. Now if you just a average player  who cant make the top 1000 or 100 in sharks you may have a slightly  better chance to do it in eagles as there was a couple hundred point difference.  but if you do make it in eagles that can make up 1 or 2 containers .  the clan battle days might be better to go for the top of the boards, will have to check that out. 

[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles

Since all the special award CAMO is for US Cruisers its makes perfect sense that the Eagle was selected as a mascot. The eagle camo works for US ships and is the best choice of camo for these ships. 

Shark camo is just dumb on a US ship. 

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
5 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

anyway that just ends up giving you an extra container a day to the winning team so like a $60 value.

The shark and eagle containers have a "monetary" value of $1.25 since the premium containers cost $5 and allow you to directly purchase 2 of each.  The event is 25 days so just over $30.  But like you said if you can't get top 1000 in sharks and you can in eagles you are actually not gaining anything.  Also the real value in the premium containers is the ability to get a second permacamo not buying more crates which themselves are not anything special.

[KIA-A]
Beta Testers
3,370 posts
5,568 battles
10 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

I'd love to know how an extra crate a day is a $60 value.

not even good crates at that.

[-KAK-]
Members
127 posts
6,007 battles
6 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Shark camo is just dumb on a US ship. 

I'm looking forward to my shark camo on worcester :Smile_hiding:

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
20 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

The premium containers you give you alot more flags though do they not? I'm just curious how the $1.25 is calculated. 

That is ignoring the 12 or 24 special dragon flags so technically its probably like 75 cents, but the maximum possible value is 1.25

18 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Has anyone figured out how many loyalty points you can earn by staying with the same team the entire event? 

Unless I'm mistaken it is irrelevant once you get to 75 so you might as well switch at that point since you can't get any more tokens.

Edit but if it keeps counting and you get the 5 per day the max should be 125 whether it gives you anything for that is something else though.

Edited by mrh308

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles

I don’t play enough games for it to matter, so I just go back-and-forth as I keep getting recruited by the other team getting a crate with my current team and then a crate from the new team. Getting about three crates today for doing almost nothing is 100% acceptable to me.

[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles
11 minutes ago, galspanic said:

I don’t play enough games for it to matter, so I just go back-and-forth as I keep getting recruited by the other team getting a crate with my current team and then a crate from the new team. Getting about three crates today for doing almost nothing is 100% acceptable to me.

Except when you realize the event only runs for 25 days and switching teams ensure you won't be getting a premium camo for the DM or worchester because you switched teams. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
4,384 posts
19,492 battles

Once an Eagle, always an Eagle!

Spoiler

m.youtube.com/watch?v=6zT4Y

Members
821 posts
6,988 battles
6 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Except when you realize the event only runs for 25 days and switching teams ensure you won't be getting a premium camo for the DM or worchester because you switched teams. 

What you don’t realize is that neither of those are prizes to me.  I don’t own either of those ships, have no interest in them, hate the stupid Camo, and can’t even sell it.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
19,795 posts
11,989 battles
5 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Has anyone figured out how many loyalty points you can earn by staying with the same team the entire event? 

Edit: event end Aug 20th.

Well, the event runs until Aug 20th, patch 7.8 hits Aug 22nd, and that is 28 days from patch 7.7. So you have 25-26 days of getting loyalty. If you turn down an invite to the other team, you get +2 loyalty. At the end of the day, you get +3 loyalty from your team. So you can earn up to 5 loyalty per day. You need to get to the max loyalty of 75 to get the 195 'free' tokens for your team. The perma-camo is 125 tokens. After 15 days, at 5 loyalty a day, you can have the max 75 loyalty. That gives you 10-11 days to get loyalty for the other team, which will be just short of max, so you will have 95 tokens for that team. Of course, each Go Navy box purchased in the shop gives you 10 each tokens for both teams. But the only other thing you get is 12-24 Dragon Flags, so most are figuring it is not worth it, except maybe to buy 3 boxes to get that last perm-camo for the other side. Effectively making the 5,000 doubloon ($20 if you buy 25k or $23.56 for 5k) perma-camo cost $15.

6 hours ago, mrh308 said:

Yep same.  The shark bow is kinda nice but having sharks coming out of your superstructure???? Please.

As for the camo and sharks coming out of the superstructure, you have eagle heads doing the same on the Eagle perma-camo. I also don't like the look of the eagle head on the front. So I'm a Shark until I hit max loyalty and then I will switch to Eagles until the next patch drops. I already have Des Moines perma-camo and Salem comes with perma-camo with the same bonus as this perma-camo, so all I need is the Worcester perma-camo for when I get to T10 in US CLs.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1