Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tom_Lin

Got enough free exp for Yamato, should collect more for Musashi?

16 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
274 posts
6,910 battles

Hi there, I just have this game for a few month. Grinding through the IJN BB line. Now at T8 Amagi, collected enough free exp to Yamato (around 350K). Can't really decide if I should save those for a free exp ship (like Musashi and Kronshtadt) or free exp pass the Izumo....

Wanna collect some ideas. Also, if save those for a free exp ship, which one gonna a be a better idea?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,079 posts
17,127 battles

Izumo is a bad ship with excellent guns. I didn't mind grinding it, and that was before it got buffed and had very bad shells on the A-hull.

Yamato is a good ship but won't be going anywhere.

Musashi is OP for T9.

I have Musashi and Yamato both, and play Musashi a lot more often. Wouldn't be able to explain why though. Possibly because the pressure to perform / carry is a lot less, yet the ship is still almost as powerful.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TDD]
Members
1,151 posts
9,298 battles

I never free xp to ships. IMO it's better to do the grind and use the fxp to out fit or save for those big fxp ship puschases

but again just my opinion

ymmv

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
10,920 posts
14,930 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Izumo is a bad ship with excellent guns. I didn't mind grinding it, and that was before it got buffed and had very bad shells on the A-hull.

Musashi is OP for T9.

I have Musashi and Yamato both, and play Musashi a lot more often. Wouldn't be able to explain why though. Possibly because the pressure to perform / carry is a lot less, yet the ship is still almost as powerful.

This ^^^ 

Get the Musashi with free xp, Grind for the Yamato

[STW]
Members
828 posts
6,917 battles

I thought the Izumo was pretty ok when I was grinding it, with the detection and deck armor changes it should be a lot more comfortable to play now than it was then.  I would grind normally for the Yamato and save the FXP for the Musashi.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,463 posts
12,122 battles

With 350K you're close to getting Nelson. If you have any interest in going up the UK battleship line, that might be an alternative place to spend your free XP.

I would join the general chorus in not using Free XP to bypass tech tree ships. I did it once because my nine-year-old was badgering me to play carriers, so I free XP'd to the Langley, but as soon as I've picked up a few more port slots and ground out my first 19 pointer I'm going to go back and play those ships.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
26 minutes ago, Lert said:

Musashi is OP for T9.

I think Lert mostly hits the nail on the head. Yamato is on paper a slightly better ship (but I can’t really tell the difference). Unless you want to pay big bucks for a special camo, Musashi will far out earn Yamato.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,079 posts
17,127 battles
8 minutes ago, SavageTactical said:

(but I can’t really tell the difference)

The accuracy is noticable over a quantity of games, several hundred salvos. The AA is a strong difference though - or, it would be, if there was a significant CV population at high tiers.

[-S-R-]
Members
122 posts
6,781 battles

I have the Musashi and it is a nice ship. Given the choice of skipping a teach tree ship to reach one I could earn by grinding or getting a ship I can only earn with free xp I would go from r the latter option.

Get the Musashi.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,899 posts
17,437 battles

Musashi is great, plus without  the large credit outlay - I have both, was forced to purchase the perm camo for my Yami to avoid credit losses, Musashi does not have that problem, play very similar and every once in awhile, ya get to shoot at tier 7 ships.  Izumo has been buffed, so grind is not as bad -  don’t waste free exp, when you can grind out at 20 times the rate.  

[-THOR]
Members
173 posts
2,326 battles

If someone said I'm thinking of starting the IJN line, I'd say just get the Musashi.  If you're already almost there, play the Izumo for a little bit and then get the Yamato.  The Izumo is really not that bad a ship, but remember you are a huge target (an important thing to keep in mind when you get the Yamato as well).  The only reason I don't like the Izumo because it was just a paper ship, whereas the Yamato was truly the battleship to end all battleships.  I know the Musashi had a similar history, but the Yamato hogs all the spotlight. 

At matches featuring Tier 10s, you're definitely going to want the Yamato.  A lot of your shots are at very long range and the better accuracy can really make the difference. 

That being said, I acknowledge that the Musashi is completely OP for tier 9.  I feel bad enough when the Tier 8s can't angle or do anything to prevent their deletion by the 460mm guns.  At Tier 7 it's almost comical. You can also get close enough so that the dispersion doesn't really matter. 

[JASH]
Members
3,781 posts
12,282 battles

Let's put it this way, I'm a bit too embarrassed to go into specific details but... my Musashi WR is quite substantially better than my Yamato WR.  My Musashi WR is my best of all my BBs.  That's despite the fact that my Yamato Avg Damage is a decent chunk better.

I'm a much better player in general now compared to when I first earned Yamato; which was my first T10 ship (Boy, was that a big mistake!!)  I am getting better at Yamato and it plays much better for me now that the turret rotation has been buffed and I have Yamamoto EM but nonetheless.  It'll take a while for my Yamato WR to nearly catch up. The play time invested in the missions to get Yamato legendary module should help.

Edited by lemekillmister

[A_51]
Members
961 posts
3 hours ago, nina_blain_73 said:

I never free xp to ships. IMO it's better to do the grind and use the fxp to out fit or save for those big fxp ship puschases

but again just my opinion

ymmv

Ditto

Beta Testers
631 posts
5,967 battles

Yamato won't go anywhere soon, but I also have a feeling Musashi won't either. You could save for Musashi, but if you use the Free xp to get Yamato, you finish a line of grinding and also can earn free xp faster with her at t10. It will also give you a chance to learn how to play her before you get Musashi.

[VW]
Members
3,797 posts
18,423 battles

Save free xp for premium ships, they earn more money, xp, and free xp and are captain trainers. Once you have a 19 pt captain you can rotate him through yammy and mushy as well as any other premium ship you may have, thus forming a virtuous cycle for free captain xp earning.

Edited by monpetitloup

Sign in to follow this