Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Go Navy: Flags vs. Containers

6 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,410 posts

Who thought that making the Flags for the Go Navy event cost more than Containers was a good idea?

Flags cost 10 tokens and Containers only 5.

And yes, the Flags are permanent, but who can fly them anyway when we only have one flag slot? (and that is taken by the mandatory Veteran's Flag). Two containers are way more useful. 

Flags should have cost 5 (if anything - probably should have been free)

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

They are basically to use up your extra tokens if you get to the 75 loyalty mark.  Unless I'm mistaken you can only get 1 permacamo by sticking with one team (barring buying the premium go navy containers in the shop).  So after buying it with 125 tokens you would still have like 70 left.  How you choose to use them is pretty irrelevant in my opinion.  Its not like the containers have amazing loot. You are getting some combination of 2 special flags or camos, a handful of flags and 900 coal vs a flag you may or may not fly.  Not that big a difference to me.

[HINON]
Members
12,667 posts
14 minutes ago, mrh308 said:

They are basically to use up your extra tokens if you get to the 75 loyalty mark.  Unless I'm mistaken you can only get 1 permacamo by sticking with one team (barring buying the premium go navy containers in the shop).  So after buying it with 125 tokens you would still have like 70 left.  How you choose to use them is pretty irrelevant in my opinion.  Its not like the containers have amazing loot. You are getting some combination of 2 special flags or camos, a handful of flags and 900 coal vs a flag you may or may not fly.  Not that big a difference to me.

This ^

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

on the other hand if you fork out for 3 go navy containers you can guarantee 2 by either switching sides and get 50 loyalty for each or 75 loyalty for 1.  So the reason is basically you can get minimal rewards (eagle shark containers or camo packs) or completely cosmetic items or fork out 15 bucks and get 2 actually good items.  Its basically how they are monetizing the event/patch.

[NMKJT]
Members
4,078 posts

If you mean the Military Month Contributors pennant, I don't fly it unless I am grinding through a ship. 

More to life than min/maxing, it's really not mandatory

Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
1 hour ago, capncrunch21 said:

who can fly them anyway when we only have one flag slot?

FYI US ships can fly 2 flags after completing the US cruiser collection. Ditto for Yamamoto collection. 

Sign in to follow this