You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hassan_T

Midway jets :(

15 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles

This is the first line I ever grinded and the only reason i started playing WoWS in the first place. So first they remove the tier X dive bombers, and nerf them to [edited] tier 8 levels. And then they got rid of the f8f bearcats and now theyve gotten rid of the f7f Starfires too. This practically isnt even a tier 10 carrier anymore like wth. Why? Why this overnerf. 

Im still at the ranger and I like it. I rarely fight hiryus or kagas but when I do they dont give me much trouble except for saipan which is much harder to deal with. Is this line even worth grinding anymore?

Edited by Hassan_T
  • Bad 1

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers
5,703 posts
6,629 battles

The planes were rebalanced after the jets were removed. The problem with jets was that they were so fast AA couldn’t kill them.

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

The planes were rebalanced after the jets were removed. The problem with jets was that they were so fast AA couldn’t kill them.

They buffed AA at least 5 times before they removed it. They could have toned down the speed they didnt have to remove them conpletely 

• Bad 1

[O_O]
Members
792 posts
4,955 battles

Wait... weren't the jets removed two years ago?  Am I missing something here?

-R

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,318 posts
7,771 battles

Let me understand this, ok? You're complaining about a "nerf" that happened two years ago to a T10 ship, when you're only at T7 in that line.

Like, what?

There's this thing called "game balance", Midway was overpowered, and in spite of balance changes, she stayed overpowered. WG had to keep at it. That's it, that's all.

• Bad 1

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles
11 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

Wait... weren't the jets removed two years ago?  Am I missing something here?

-R

The ones you are thinking of are the A10 skyraiders iirc. After that they removed the bearcats and the starfires were removed a couple of patches ago

Edited by Hassan_T

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles
4 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

Let me understand this, ok? You're complaining about a "nerf" that happened two years ago to a T10 ship, when you're only at T7 in that line.

Like, what?

There's this thing called "game balance", Midway was overpowered, and in spite of balance changes, she stayed overpowered. WG had to keep at it. That's it, that's all.

There were 3 jets removed from this ship last of which was 3 months ago. So what if im a T7 in the line. I want to know that the Tier 10 i started playing this game for is still competitive for her tier.

• Bad 1

[HINON]
Members
9,330 posts
1 minute ago, Hassan_T said:

There were 3 jets removed from this ship last of which was 3 months ago. So what if im a T7 in the line. I want to know that the Tier 10 i started playing this game for is still competitive for her tier.

The Midway hasn't had Jets for years and I've owned her for most of the past year and she didn't have jets at that point.

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles
6 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Midway hasn't had Jets for years and I've owned her for most of the past year and she didn't have jets at that point.

The midway did have tier 10 jets that were removed as of 0.7.1

• Bad 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,337 battles

I don't understand why people come in and complain about things that are so obvious as to be self evident, than ask extremely simple questions and reject the answers.

Why did they give the Midway "craptier 8" bombers? Why did the jets go away? Gee it couldn't be because the ship was insanely OP or anything... After all, it's not exactly what you could consider a weak ship right now, even with "craptier" planes...

Wow that was some frigging hard answers. Real detective work needed for that one.

[HINON]
Members
9,330 posts
7 minutes ago, Hassan_T said:

The midway did have tier 10 jets that were removed as of 0.7.1

As CompasGhost also pointed out the prop planes were replaced with more prop planes. Here's the direct quote from the patch notes.

Midway

The carrier will have her aircraft replaced as follows: 

• The Vought F4U-4 (tier IX; cruise speed: 178 knots; HP: 1,910; loadout – 54; average damage per second: 70) fighters are replaced with the Vought F4U-1 (tier VIII; cruise speed: 169 knots; HP: 1,700; loadout: 61; average damage per second: 63) ones
  • The Grumman F8F (tier X; cruise speed: 181 knots; HP: 2,060; loadout: 48; average damage per second: 80) fighters are replaced with the Vought F4U-4 (tier IX; cruise speed: 178 knots; HP: 1,910; loadout: 54; average damage per second: 70) ones
Edited by RipNuN2

[SYN]
Members
7,318 posts
7,771 battles
3 hours ago, Hassan_T said:

My dude, "jet" is not synonymous with "aircraft." Midway has not, I repeat not, had jet aircraft for two years. It has had propeller aircraft.

[RLBAD]
[RLBAD]
Members
69 posts
1,981 battles

I WANT MY JETS BACK. I’m at Essex at the moment and because of the nerf I’m not using it enough