You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KiyoSenkan

Proposed Consumable: Sabotage

302 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,168 battles

This to me doesn’t seem like something that’ll allow for skilled plays to take place. This seems more like something to make no skill required plays to take place to allow a dd to easily land torps without having to actually think.

It’s essentially an “I’m gonna land these torps no matter what and there’s nothing they can do about it” consumable. How is anything about that skilled?

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 14

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
6 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

On USN destroyers

Range:  9.5km

Duration: 30 seconds

On IJN destroyers

Range: 11.5km

Duration: 25 seconds

Both nations

Cooldown: 145s/125sec (prem)

Charges: 3/4 (prem)

Not found on any other ships

Becomes available in its own slot starting at tier 8 (Benson, Akizuki, Kagero). Retroactively added to premium destroyers Harekaze, Asashio, Kidd, and Black (shares slot with Radar)

When activated any battleship in range loses all rudder and throttle control for the duration. Throttle remains locked at its current form, while rudder centers itself. The ship is forced to travel in a straight line until the consumable effect ends or the battleship travels out of range. Any battleship traveling into the range of the consumable while it is active will also be affected.

The only indications that it is occurring should be a small indicator near the speed/rudder dial indicating speed and rudder are unresponsive.

This consumable should better balance destroyers vs battleships and enable skilled plays to take place. One could even say it's required, because currently a battleship has to make some pretty serious mistakes to actually be sunk by torpedoes.

Reveal hidden contents

If any of this justification looks familiar, this consumable is designed to be a parallel to another one already in the game.

No

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

No this is basically cheating. Disable a players control briefly so you can get an easy dev strike. Get better with torps or switch to gun boat DDs.

• Cool 8

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,374 posts
10,918 battles
10 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

On USN destroyers

On IJN destroyers

Both nations

Becomes available in its own slot starting at tier 8 (Benson, Akizuki, Kagero). Retroactively added to premium destroyers Harekaze, Asashio, Kidd, and Black (shares slot with Radar)

When activated any battleship in range loses all rudder and throttle control for the duration. Throttle remains locked at its current form, while rudder centers itself. The ship is forced to travel in a straight line until the consumable effect ends or the battleship travels out of range. Any battleship traveling into the range of the consumable while it is active will also be affected.

The only indications that it is occurring should be a small indicator near the speed/rudder dial indicating speed and rudder are unresponsive.

This consumable should better balance destroyers vs battleships and enable skilled plays to take place. One could even say it's required, because currently a battleship has to make some pretty serious mistakes to actually be sunk by torpedoes.

Reveal hidden contents

If any of this justification looks familiar, this consumable is designed to be a parallel to another one already in the game.

please be joking, i KNOW you're more serious than this because i see you in nearly every DD thread and you are far more serious in those, which is why i believe this is a joke thread

Members
614 posts
2 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

No this is basically cheating. Disable a players control briefly so you can get an easy dev strike. Get better with torps or switch to gun boat DDs.

And just think if, as your torpedoes race toward your target, in comes a Montana salvo. :Smile_popcorn:

2eywsx.jpg

• Funny 1

[KWF]
Members
4,006 posts
6,135 battles

My guess is that this is a jab at radar. That's the only way I can find any logic in it. OP hints it at spoiler.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 4

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
Just now, Optio_Praetorii said:

And just think if, as your torpedoes race toward your target, in comes a Montana salvo. :Smile_popcorn:

2eywsx.jpg

I've very rarely ever been been killed by a BB Salvo, I have deleted DDs with my Monty before but it's because they got careless. BB AP on DD's is a pretty well know issue that needs fixing but that doesn't make this module any better of an idea.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,168 battles
Just now, Stand_Alone97 said:

I've very rarely ever been been killed by a BB Salvo, I have deleted DDs with my Monty before but it's because they got careless. BB AP on DD's is a pretty well know issue that needs fixing but that doesn't make this module any better of an idea.

I think he was referring to the BB salvo taking out your target before your torps get to it. Essentially wasting your torp salvo.

• Cool 1

Members
689 posts
7,037 battles

OP I can see where you're coming from, but this idea just isn't going to work in practice. You really need to think a lot more before coming here to waste all our time on an idea that is clearly just so silly if you think about it for even ten seconds. You see, you're forgetting the most important aspect of this whole discussion. BB AP shells. They're still way OP against DDs, especially if that DD is being forced to loiter around, jamming the enemy's rudder and throttle controls. That's why I propose that in addition to all the effects you've described here, the consumable also prevents enemy BBs from firing or rotating their guns. The active time of the consumable should also be increased to 60 seconds, to ensure that the torpedoes (especially on IJN DDs) have time to land.

Edited by senseNOTmade
  • Funny 4

Members
614 posts
3 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Oh, true.  Sorry, I meant if another BB steals the kill you were hoping for :)

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
4 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

I think he was referring to the BB salvo taking out your target before your torps get to it. Essentially wasting your torp salvo.

Ahh okay. Yeah that is annoying for sure.

Just now, Optio_Praetorii said:

Oh, true.  Sorry, I meant if another BB steals the kill you were hoping for :)

My bad misunderstood. Yeah that situation is probably one of the downside for torps, seen cruisers get deleted by dev strikes too right after launching torps at them.

Edited by Stand_Alone97
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,168 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

This strikes me as a bad DD players' wet dream. No skill required...

:Smile_great:

And I’m sure everyone but the OP would agree with this.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
4,656 posts
7,770 battles

This is either a terrible idea or a well played attempt at trolling. For your sake, I hope that it’s the latter. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
30 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

On USN destroyers

On IJN destroyers

Both nations

Reveal hidden contents

lol a cleverly disguised crying about Radar thread.

• Cool 2

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,338 posts
4,704 battles
Just now, SkaerKrow said:

This is either a terrible idea or a well played attempt at trolling. For your sake, I hope that it’s the latter. 

OP is one of the DD players who thinks that DDs should be immune from being attacked and that ships dodging their torps fired from invisibility is a legitimate counter.  Claims that being radared is an instakill.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
23 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

It is his way about crying about the unfairness of radar in his mind. By proposing another consumable that would have no counter that effects battleships. 

[THREE]
Members
2,086 posts
10,525 battles
4 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Going by the OP's reputation... I feel this is a serious suggestion on his part.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,168 battles
Just now, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Going by the OP's reputation... I feel this is a serious suggestion on his part.

I was thinking the same thing :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

Members
509 posts
9,024 battles

Some kind of voodoo magic consumable? :D

This is a game of ships not voodoo magic. I really don't know the names but have seen games where a spell stuns the enemies, find one and play :D

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,168 battles

OP, if you’re going to sit here and make another radar complaint thread, don’t beat around the bush. Just come out and be open about it instead of hiding it behind this disguised thread.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
11 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Actually considering what this is obviously a jab at, I completely agree with his assessment.

Oh but of course it's framed as whining.

Edited by KiyoSenkan