Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dawggunner

I want the Dutch cruisers from the Battle of the Java Sea

8 comments in this topic

[COOLI]
Members
94 posts
9,028 battles

Tromp, Java, De Ruyter.

I would love see these ships in the game next year. No rush, I want my Italians first. But these ships are so under appreciated. Not only because they fought a losing battle but because they are overshadowed by other Allied nations ships. They're light cruisers in every sense of the word, with a few torp's and some AA to keep the Japanese at bay. I'm a huge fan or light cruisers and find them as fun as they are delicate. So how about we get some more positive comments on this thread and maybe we can get some CCs to notice and take up the call!

• Cool 8

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles

Huh, the haters are out in force today, downvoting a perfectly reasonable request.

While I'm not a particularly huge fan of the Java Sea CLs, I will champion any Dutch ship to be put into this game.

• Cool 1

Members
806 posts
5,710 battles

I think you'll find pretty universal support for new ships in the game.  The only peculiar difficulty with the Dutch ships is their penchant for using and reusing and reusing and reusing the same names over and over and over and over an...

Excuse me.

-R

Members
3,056 posts
2,511 battles
13 minutes ago, Lert said:

Huh, the haters are out in force today, downvoting a perfectly reasonable request.

While I'm not a particularly huge fan of the Java Sea CLs, I will champion any Dutch ship to be put into this game.

I think those haters wanted the OP to explain the ships in detail. Their war records, their performances, and such.

[COOLI]
Members
94 posts
9,028 battles

OK well I'd love to give you guys more details but I'm sitting bedside in a hospital, I'm just on here while the patient sleeps.

Maybe when I have more time. Or I'm sure @Lert has a few more numbers than I do.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,132 posts
19,121 battles
1 hour ago, dawggunner said:

Tromp, Java, De Ruyter.

I would love see these ships in the game next year. No rush, I want my Italians first. But these ships are so under appreciated. Not only because they fought a losing battle but because they are overshadowed by other Allied nations ships. They're light cruisers in every sense of the word, with a few torp's and some AA to keep the Japanese at bay. I'm a huge fan or light cruisers and find them as fun as they are delicate. So how about we get some more positive comments on this thread and maybe we can get some CCs to notice and take up the call!

I approve this  Message:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,077 posts
17,119 battles
1 hour ago, dawggunner said:

Maybe when I have more time. Or I'm sure @Lert has a few more numbers than I do.

I'm already planning a few more threads about specific Dutch ships, but Friesland and 1913 are next on my list. I might do large threads about Tromp, Java and De Ruyter some time soon as wel, who knows - though I did write about Tromp fairly recently.

Sign in to follow this