Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
dawggunner

Now I figured out how to word it: Ooyodo

8 comments in this topic

[COOLI]
Members
95 posts
9,072 battles

So I've gone down this path before: I want some unique Japanese cruisers in the game. Specifically an Ooyodo with good AA and deadly torps. Now how to achieve that used to be an issue.

Used to....

Then came Huanghe. I ****ing love that ship. Yeah the guns are a little underwhelming but hey I love Yubari too. I guess i like an uphill battle. It's the AA/secondaries and torpedoes that I enjoy in the ship! Build it right and your secondary battery will obliterate DDs and set fire to BBs as you torp them. And you'll be shooting down 20+ planes in dual CV matches. 

AND why not make a Japanese version. It had the same caliber guns in the same layout. Similar AA with its Akizuki turrets. And similar torps (OK so it's a center line mount BUT it historically had a quick reload system).

But seriously can y'all pick up on what I'm putting down? Im not saying copy it over, obviously devs and designers need to make a whole new ship. But the ground work is there for this type of cruiser.

So please tell me what you think and maybe we can get some momentum to get new ships in!

[-K-]
Members
7,901 posts
13,067 battles

Out of curiosity, what's the secondary range on your Huanghe build?

[COOLI]
Members
95 posts
9,072 battles

I honestly forget, I'm not by my computer right now. But I think between 6.5 and 7.2? I shift between AA and secondary modules and of course AFT/BFT

Members
370 posts
12,898 battles
9 hours ago, dawggunner said:

But seriously can y'all pick up on what I'm putting down? Im not saying copy it over, obviously devs and designers need to make a whole new ship. But the ground work is there for this type of cruiser.

I would not advocate for more ships like what is arguably the worst cruiser in the game. If you are getting close enough for the secondaries to be of any use then you are too close to begin with & will be dead soon. Heck, that's even another stat that Perth is better at than the Huanghe, as they do more dammage & fire at a faster rate. Man, this is one brutal ship to play....

[CVA16]
Members
4,739 posts
14,459 battles
On 7/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, bigalow87 said:

I would not advocate for more ships like what is arguably the worst cruiser in the game.

And yet Huanghe's  WR is still very high. Most say because it is only played by unicums. If that is the case, what will happen when WG puts out an OP ship like Stalingrad that is only driven by unicums?

The Agano had centerline torps. The Oyodo had none in exchange for more aircraft (which WG hasn't yet figured out how to include on the much requested Tone). Both ships are T5 at best unless heavily gimmicked like the Hyanghe.

Members
370 posts
12,898 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

And yet Huanghe's  WR is still very high. Most say because it is only played by unicums. If that is the case, what will happen when WG puts out an OP ship like Stalingrad that is only driven by unicums?

Good question. I imagine Stalingrad would be a highly desired ship & as such would get a lot of play. Perhaps that will help balance out the unicum players a bit as they go after one another. Plus at higher tiers the general play is better, so more balance overall I think.

Huanghe, though, no one seems to want to play it. I can go days without seeing one in a match, other than my own. Somehow I ended up playing this thing more than most folks could imagine tolerating. Most would be happy to have my numbers in it, but most of my other "challenging" ships have better numbers, & its getting *smoked* heh by my Perth...

[CVA16]
Members
4,739 posts
14,459 battles
54 minutes ago, bigalow87 said:

I imagine Stalingrad would be a highly desired ship & as such would get a lot of play.

I thought Stalingrad was supposed to be some sort of reward ship, very difficult to get which would mean it would be rare, but driven by very good players.

Sign in to follow this