You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Weekend spree

12 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
6,142 posts
9,801 battles

Saturday was more losses than wins. FDG is definitely cursed as my Shokaku was, 70% of the time she gets bad teams. Made progress on the 100K ship XP requirements in Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze--maybe I should start using Kraken flags to accelerate to those legendary upgrades.

Sunday was a bit better, but FDG still showed her inability to get good teams.

Still, insofar as being a Shark, it was productive. Was able to score enough kills and heroic achievements both days to get the max 4 containers. Decided to keep saving up Shark tokens, 125 of those will purchase a camo for DM (will get there eventually) and save me some doubloons.

Helped carry a team in Yamato by being a semi-aggressive tank. Map positioning skill (which I copied off Flamu's vids of his own Yammy) allowed me to consistently tank and survive. Meanwhile a Republique ignores my advice to position better, overextends, and dies. I outscored him by around 400 base XP.

Several Dreadnoughts. One from Montana on a horrible team. A Worchester that was too aggressive at one cap got himself deleted, me and Yamato noticed oh, the 5 red BBs are all AB and looking at us, better run. Worchester noob spends half of time whining that he didn't have BB support and actually tried to get the enemy team to pick me off. I calmly pointed out he did not assess the odds, unlike us, and we knew facing all 5 BBs at once is suicide. A Khab and Zao chased me, and a Yamato attempted to do me in, but I calmly managed my DC and RP, ended up w/ a Dreadnought.

Following match in Montana I helped pull a win, a Grozo thought I'd be full speed at all times--but I braked and dodged a few torps, then CQE, finish w/ this ram:

1krsJMC.jpg

Also lucked onto a match w/ one of the WG-CC. Unfortunately for him, front-on TB drops are my favorite tactic when the BB hugs an island. Took this shot just as he exploded:

MTKNIrL.jpg

Going to be grinding rest of FDG and Ognevoi. 70K and 20K left to unlock GK and Udaloi.

4th step of Halsey campaign completed. 2000 doubloons richer, both SC were that. Premium ship from SC when? lol

Should keep playing more. I have so many camos and flags that they're coming in faster than I can spend them. Just hit 40K coal too.

Edited by Reymu

[ARGSY]
Members
17,511 posts
12,165 battles

Nice!

I also had a productive weekend (if one includes Friday night). Picked up the Aigle for coal, 60,000 CXP on my best commander, two supercontainers (from Yamamoto mission stage 1) with 50 Restless Fire and 50K free XP, and scored enough coal (after spending almost all of it on Friday night) to grab a Dunkirk crate. Most of the games were less than stellar, but I finally broke a godawful losing streak at higher tiers.

7 minutes ago, Reymu said:

I have so many camos and flags that they're coming in faster than I can spend them.

You seem to have tapped a rich vein; show me the way, LOL. The "more resources" and shark/eagle crates seem particularly rich in Equal Speed Charlie London (in my experience), which is good.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TOG]
Members
4,071 posts
21,962 battles

I'm finished with the mino grind. I think I'll go for the Hindy next. 

[TDD]
Members
1,151 posts
9,305 battles

played DDs mostly, Gearing, Fletcher, Yugumo, Asashio, Hatsuharu(grinding the offline now), Kamikazi, and Okhotnick. Threw in a Missouri game or two.

Best Game was Friday in my Gearing

5b5f1f3b84edf_Screenshot2018-07-2718_45_03.thumb.png.d4be52f8ac2e0e263d5ff5922d22a7ca.png

things went downhill from there.

way too many losses this weekend and while i'm not usually one to blame others for losing ...man my teams sucked hard this weekend.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
4,577 posts
7,576 battles

Came back to the game on Saturday after a while off. Had some good division games with my clan mates, and spent time putting the Nueve through its paces. The game was quite fun, though the crappy attitudes in chat, team killing, trolling, and intentional ramming of allies certainly has me pondering another break from the game in the near future. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,476 posts
13,838 battles

The Good:
Completed Henri Legendary module grind and played it, had a chastising contrast of the difference between HE spamming and AP utilization with a crushing defeat doing 160k with a Witherer, followed by a hard-carry with 170k using mostly AP (107k of 170k):

q17gede.jpg

The Bad:
Running Henri with DFAA, deleted by Midway AP dive bombers after using the DFAA on the torpedo bombers barely minutes into the game. Total cancer.
uC1rft8g.jpg
I guess maybe despite being a T10 cruiser with good AA and DFAA I should have just stuck at 3/4 speed, not used my engine boost and hung out with the fleet. Fun times.

The Ugly
5zFtqn0g.jpg
Taking 36,000 in AP DB damage from a single strike from a carrier 2 tiers higher, with 2 torpedo hits from a single wave of those as well for a cool 50,000 unavoidable damage. This was despite hanging out near our team's only DFAA cruiser and requesting air cover from our useless Lexington.

Unless Warspite's a German BB and I missed a change of flag?

• Cool 1

[TDG]
Members
1,780 posts
11,221 battles

Unlocked and acquired Ognevoi.

Got a bit closer to completing the Halsey campaign with 2 more stars in Mission 5.

Not great in general, but a record for me:

shot-18_07.27_22_21.06-0462.jpg.b75f558a

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,983 posts
5,508 battles

Cleveland for me..lost 7 straight it it yesterday trying to get my +50%....Finally gave up on it..   That ship has become my enigma.   Favorite ship in previous iteration and utter garbage in my hands in new placement.    

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles

Only played a few rounds yesterday, and barely played on Saturday. Saturday was pretty much crap, had a 135866 damage match that ended up a loss. Had another match where we were up on points but potatoes kept dying. I admit I screwed up in that one and had I survived we may have won. I got a Pensacola down to 942 HP, I was also low on HP and he was broadside. Just when I thought my next AP salvo would kill him off he stopped and angled a bit. My AP didn't damage him and he killed me with an HE salvo. I did almost 100k damage but man, had I fired HE instead he would have been dead.

Yesterday was not too bad but I only played five matches. First battle I did 105k damage with 1 kill, second battle 111k damage with 2 kills, 3rd one 3 kills and 107k damage, 4th one was a very bad loss where 2/4 of my team's DDs suicided. The remaining ships were picked off one by one, I racked up 109k damage before dying to Kagero torps but my 15 shells from the grave finished him off. Then the fifth match on Two Brothers 4 or 5 ships actually went down the middle. A Konigsberg, a Leander, a Dallas, a Gneiseneau, and an Akatsuki. I was like whoa.... they actually did that. Load AP, took significant HP from Leander. Switched back to HE, killed DD, burned Dallas down to half HP before friendlies finished him off, started working on Gneiseneau and set a couple fires before he backed out of channel. By then we were winning so I started firing at enemy Arizona and Colorado, sunk the Colorado, ended up with 3 kills 94k damage but then I decided seeing such stupidity was a sign I should call it a day. And I did.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Typical, I guess.

Friday was okay.  Not great, and wayyyyy too many low damage/match ended abruptly in under 6 minutes games, but not too bad, either.

Saturday I played the game hard, like it owed me money, lol.   Completed everything I could complete, brought Buffalo to within 20k of completion, and had fun in a bunch of different ships.   Contrary to Friday, I was averaging mostly high damage.   Kills were hard to come by, because everyone was farming pve for kills.

Sunday was pure hell.   Just garbage match after garbage match.   I moved on to other things after earning an event container- and ended up just shutting it off later due to lack of interest.   Not uncommon after A) having a really good day, and B) playing the hell out of the game one day.    The first usually results in a stinky day next time I log on, lol- the second to just general burn out for a day or so.

Highlights:

One game in particular stands out in Buffalo.   Mountain Range, Standard mode.   I headed to where C normally is in a Dom match to avoid the main charge at our cap, and blast away at them from a flank.   This time it worked even more than it usually does!   They never even shot at me LOL!   Meanwhile I hammered them relentlessly until the end,  putting up nearly 150k damage- and actually citadelling the tier 9 RN BB!!   That just floored me- I didn't think it was even possible.   It was a long range, sailing away from me shot - I guess one of my shells must have landed on just the right spot on his deck at just the right downward angle.   I took a screenie of that after action report!

A really good Montana game.   I must have stumbled upon just the right spot, because the reds just kept presenting me with perfect broadside targets at close range- one right after another.   in close succession, I sunk 2 cruisers- a Worcester and a Hindenburg. The Hindy was kind enough to hit the Worcester's sinking hulk just long enough for my guns to reload and to block him from launching torps at me.   As soon as he cleared it- BOOM!!  2 kills.   Next, the red Yamato came charging through the nearby cap towards me- so I quickly turned to get my guns pointed that way, and waited for him to clear the island.   BOOM!!!  3 citadels into an angled Yamato, and I had my 3rd kill.   After that, I headed South to take that cap.   Shortly thereafter, the red Nor-Cal came charging over after my teammate's BB behind me.   He gave me a perfect shot framed right between 2 islands.  BOOM!!! kill #4.

The cap was now mine,  my teammate had joined me, and the reds were down to just their CV- who had just been detected, and was well within our gun range.   I took one shot at him, but felt kinda greedy for having just wasted half the enemy team- so I just quit firing and let the other player get that kill.

Also, I played my Atlanta- and actually got in a game with a CV!!!!!   And he kept sending planes into my vicinity, too!   Also had some fun in Omaha- inc nailing some through the bow citadels on enemy cruisers.

Another funny match in Prinz Eugen.   Scharnhorst and I had gone for one of the end caps, and it was defended by just a single Atlanta.   So we pushed in.   Just then, the red Buffalo came out from behind an island behind me.  I was now flanked, and well within Atlanta's torpedo range...  I thought I'd just screwed myself!    I quickly hit 3, and launched a hail mary torp salvo at buffalo, then opened up on Atlanta.   BOOM!  Atlanta explodes!   and a moment later, I hear torpedoes hitting, and the Buffalo explodes!   Nice- I wasn't expecting that!  I was just trying to force him to turn away and give me time to kill the Atlanta- or extricate myself from the trap I'd put myself in.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
10 hours ago, Reymu said:

Saturday was more losses than wins. FDG is definitely cursed as my Shokaku was, 70% of the time she gets bad teams. Made progress on the 100K ship XP requirements in Yamato, Zao, and Shimakaze--maybe I should start using Kraken flags to accelerate to those legendary upgrades.

Sunday was a bit better, but FDG still showed her inability to get good teams.

Still, insofar as being a Shark, it was productive. Was able to score enough kills and heroic achievements both days to get the max 4 containers. Decided to keep saving up Shark tokens, 125 of those will purchase a camo for DM (will get there eventually) and save me some doubloons.

Helped carry a team in Yamato by being a semi-aggressive tank. Map positioning skill (which I copied off Flamu's vids of his own Yammy) allowed me to consistently tank and survive. Meanwhile a Republique ignores my advice to position better, overextends, and dies. I outscored him by around 400 base XP.

Several Dreadnoughts. One from Montana on a horrible team. A Worchester that was too aggressive at one cap got himself deleted, me and Yamato noticed oh, the 5 red BBs are all AB and looking at us, better run. Worchester noob spends half of time whining that he didn't have BB support and actually tried to get the enemy team to pick me off. I calmly pointed out he did not assess the odds, unlike us, and we knew facing all 5 BBs at once is suicide. A Khab and Zao chased me, and a Yamato attempted to do me in, but I calmly managed my DC and RP, ended up w/ a Dreadnought.

Following match in Montana I helped pull a win, a Grozo thought I'd be full speed at all times--but I braked and dodged a few torps, then CQE, finish w/ this ram:

1krsJMC.jpg

Also lucked onto a match w/ one of the WG-CC. Unfortunately for him, front-on TB drops are my favorite tactic when the BB hugs an island. Took this shot just as he exploded:

MTKNIrL.jpg

Going to be grinding rest of FDG and Ognevoi. 70K and 20K left to unlock GK and Udaloi.

4th step of Halsey campaign completed. 2000 doubloons richer, both SC were that. Premium ship from SC when? lol

Should keep playing more. I have so many camos and flags that they're coming in faster than I can spend them. Just hit 40K coal too.

Very nice You are well on the way to whatever your goals are lol.