You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JackG79

Eagles or Sharks... ?

16 comments in this topic

Members
214 posts
4,349 battles

So I have been playing on the Sharks team since the game started.  

This morning I opened up my computer to find that the WOWS screen was hanging on a post battle screen from late last night/early am.  I hit esc to close out the screen and get to the port. As I planned to restart the game anyways just because it had sat all night. 

The screen pops up where you are supposed to choose the team for the "Go Navy" game.  (Sharks vs Eagles). 

The screen FLASHES and is gone... never got to click on anything... never go read if there was anything new on it... 

Now im in my port and all i can see is "Eagles" stuff.  I didn't want to be on this team, i wanted to stay on the team I choose right from the start of the event, the SHARKS. 

Did this happen to anyone else, and if so, does anyone know how to switch back? 

I assume i'll get the recruiter message after a while, like I have been, and be able to switch back, but I wanted to see if there was any kind of prize for loyalty the whole game through. This thing broke my streak. 

Well, any an all advice is appreciated.  

Take Care ladies and gents... 

Happy Hunting!!! 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

I hear you get an achievement medal for reaching 100 loyalty points on one team. Looks like you're gonna end up with 98.

• Cool 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
3 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

I hear you get an achievement medal for reaching 100 loyalty points on one team. Looks like you're gonna end up with 98.

What does an achievement medal get you?  Is that like a "participation trophy"? 

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
11 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Do you have a link on this?

OP, I think you will still be able to max out your Sharks loyalty at 75, and thus your Sharks tokens at 195, by playing 15 days (and turning down the recruiter for the +2 loyalty bonus each of those days) for the Sharks over the course of the entire event.  Those days do not have to be consecutive.  So, you can play Eagles today, go back to playing Sharks tomorrow, and resume your progress.  I think.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
8 minutes ago, dmckay said:

What does an achievement medal get you?  Is that like a "participation trophy"? 

You know, the badges on your profile.

Spoiler

shot-18_07.31_00_32.59-0993.thumb.jpg.45349b455f861d4a7d785ca3ece5a723.jpg

So not much really.

You can max out your tokens for one team in 15 days, competition goes 25 or 26. Doesn't seem like a big loss if you can't make the 100.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Thought I saw it on one of the Go Navy news pages, but after searching for it again, it looks like the achievement comes with the 100 tokens, not 100 loyalty points.

So you get the achievement at 75 points.

So, good news @JackG79, you shouldn't be missing out on anything

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
4,078 posts
11,282 battles

I believe Loyalty points depend on the team you end the day on (that you also earned points for).  There is a good chance that you will get 3 Shark loyalty points if you switch teams at the Recruiter message rather than a total of 5

"If you change the team, you will also get +3 to loyalty to your new team."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

Edited by ExploratorOne

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles
44 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Thought I saw it on one of the Go Navy news pages, but after searching for it again, it looks like the achievement comes with the 100 tokens, not 100 loyalty points.

So you get the achievement at 75 points.

So, good news @JackG79, you shouldn't be missing out on anything

Thanks for checking.  The whole thing is confusing.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,717 posts
22,065 battles

Does anyone know if you can use Sharks & Eagles tokens combined to buy stuff in the Arsenal? For instance if I want one of the tier 10 camos and I have 100 Shark tokens, can I use 25 Eagle tokens to complete the transaction or do I need 125 tokens of one kind?

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,653 posts
22 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

if you have loyalty for both teams do you earn tokens for both daily?

No and it was set up that way,   The only time you can get both is to buy a premium container from WG's  Store and I don't mean the arsenal

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,653 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Does anyone know if you can use Sharks & Eagles tokens combined to buy stuff in the Arsenal? For instance if I want one of the tier 10 camos and I have 100 Shark tokens, can I use 25 Eagle tokens to complete the transaction or do I need 125 tokens of one kind?

No you need 125 tokens either Shark or Eagle  and  Shark  Tokens buys only Shark Camo,Freedom Camo  Whilst  Eagle Tokens buys only Eagle Camo,Freedom Camo  Freed om Camo is the only one that  both will buy

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,717 posts
22,065 battles
41 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

No you need 125 tokens either Shark or Eagle  and  Shark  Tokens buys only Shark Camo,Freedom Camo  Whilst  Eagle Tokens buys only Eagle Camo,Freedom Camo  Freed om Camo is the only one that  both will buy

Ok only interested in the Freedom camo I guess, didn't realize there were more than the one. Thanks Shadow!

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
3,653 posts
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ok only interested in the Freedom camo I guess, didn't realize there were more than the one. Thanks Shadow!

NP  Gonna cost you  125  tokens for whichever premium/perma camo  Good Luck

Edited by shadowsrmine
  • Cool 1