Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BruDog1970

Anyone know what is in store for August 2018? Legendary Upgrades?

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

98
[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
18,423 battles

July had the daily login bonus, daily missions, monthly missions and patch 0.7.7.   I don't see any info on August, but figure there is info out there (just not on WG main page).  Thinking 0.7.8 is more likely for September.  Anyone have any info on this?

 

Also, is there a definitive answer on length of time for Legendary Upgrades?  I have seen a Reddit post that states they are indefinite, but I have also seen WG page say until December 31.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

They will put out the August briefing sometime soon I’m sure. No one knows without it.

Legendary upgrades are *permanent*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
18,423 battles

Just to clarify - I am asking about *time to earn* the Legendary Upgrades - not how long the Legendary Upgrades will exist when you get them.  My above statement wasn't clear...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
Members
309 posts
12 minutes ago, BruDog1970 said:

Just to clarify - I am asking about *time to earn* the Legendary Upgrades - not how long the Legendary Upgrades will exist when you get them.  My above statement wasn't clear...

It's "permanent".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,776 posts
6,729 battles

It was due coding that they set the date to December 31.

If the missions will really end some day they will notice us in advance.

Edited by LemonadeWarrior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
1 hour ago, BruDog1970 said:

Just to clarify - I am asking about *time to earn* the Legendary Upgrades - not how long the Legendary Upgrades will exist when you get them.  My above statement wasn't clear...

They said that for technical reasons they had to list an expiration date but that it will be renewed each time so that they are “here to stay.” Pretty sure same words used for plenty of others so take it with a grain of salt. But you have at least the remainder of the year and most likely next year. It’s why I said *permanent* we really just know they said they plan to leave them in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

The new missions page goes up on the last day of the month 99% of the time.  So expect it tomorrow by noon ET.  Or you can watch the twitch stream tonight on the World of Warships channel that typically gives out the weekly missions. Until either of those happen you aren't going to know.  That stuff doesn't get leaked afaik.  0.7.8 should be end of August roughly same time as 0.7.7 dropped in July.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,951
[RKLES]
Members
11,773 posts
13,346 battles

Would be nice to hear news of new Arsenal ships and when. I suspect they will come, so I am stockpiling all the coal I can get my hands on just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
708
[HELLS]
Members
2,499 posts
24,860 battles
48 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Would be nice to hear news of new Arsenal ships and when. I suspect they will come, so I am stockpiling all the coal I can get my hands on just in case.

Roger that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
3 hours ago, BruDog1970 said:

 Thinking 0.7.8 is more likely for September.  Anyone have any info on this?

WG has went to a 4 week development cycle. So 7.8 should drop Wed, Aug 22nd barring any disasters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
143
[-BSK-]
Members
455 posts
16,918 battles

no specific weekly/weekend missions though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles

And the dailies just got harder too. Now instead of getting 1100, 1200, 1300XP in multiple victories for sequence 2, it has to be done all in one battle, as does the final part of sequence 1.

That being said, if there is nothing major I will be sort of pleased. I could do with a month away from Very Big Things so I can quietly get on with my 19 point captain grind and not be distracted by events unsuited to the ships I'm using. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 7:38 AM, Gary_P said:

no specific weekly/weekend missions though

 

There are two daily missions for the whole month of August. The first stage gives you one of the daily bonus, the second gives you two of the daily bonus and the third gives you 3 of the daily bonus. Complete one series and get 6 of the daily bonus. Complete both for twelve, plus the one you get for logging in. So, tomorrow Aug 1st, you get 2 India Delta (+20% HP repair) & 2  Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (-20% flooding) signals for logging into the game. Complete both series to get 6 each of the daily login. So tomorrow you can get up to 26 India Delta (+20% HP repair) & 26 Juliet Yankee Bissotwo (-20% flooding) signals which is like getting 2.6 Dreadnought and 2.6 Unsinkable achievements.  There are 6 days where the daily login is 1,000 FXP. So 13,000 FXP for completing those two series on those days and 78,000 FXP for the month if you complete all the series on those six days. Not to mention, if you complete 20 out of the 62 series in the month, you get 5 each of the Dragon flags. 

Edit: Today, Aug 4th, I found out that the 1,000 FXP days are a little different. For the stage 1's, you get 1,000 XP each. For the stage 2's you get 1,000 FXP each and for the stage 3's you get 2,000 Elite Cmdr XP. So for logging in and completing all the stages, you get 2,000 XP, 3,000 FXP and 4,000 ECXP for that day. For the month, you would get 12k XP, 18k FXP, & 24k ECXP.

 

On 7/31/2018 at 8:58 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And the dailies just got harder too. Now instead of getting 1100, 1200, 1300XP in multiple victories for sequence 2, it has to be done all in one battle, as does the final part of sequence 1.

That being said, if there is nothing major I will be sort of pleased. I could do with a month away from Very Big Things so I can quietly get on with my 19 point captain grind and not be distracted by events unsuited to the ships I'm using. 

Actually, the wording for August and July are the same for completing the daily missions, so I don't think it is changing.

 

The payout is changing as noted above. In July, you could get 10 of the daily login for logging in and completing both daily missions. For Aug, you get 13 of the daily login for doing the same.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
47 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Actually, the wording for August and July are the same for completing the daily missions, so I don't think it is changing.

I made the same mistake on another post and was corrected. Actually, I suspect it may be better than for July; the wording is "Win one battle and earn (insert number here) base XP." If these requirements are separate, one can get the win in co-op then go back to randoms for the higher per-battle XP, regardless of result, as opposed to only the XP earned in victories counting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 1:02 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I made the same mistake on another post and was corrected. Actually, I suspect it may be better than for July; the wording is "Win one battle and earn (insert number here) base XP." If these requirements are separate, one can get the win in co-op then go back to randoms for the higher per-battle XP, regardless of result, as opposed to only the XP earned in victories counting.

I thought that was how it worked for July, but it does not. You only get credit for the base XP in winning battles when the wording is "Win one battle and earn X base XP." The wording for July and August Daily Challenges is exactly the same on how much XP you need, it is just the reward amounts you get for each stage have changed. The flags you get for completing 3, 9 and 20 daily series are the same as well. The daily login bonuses have changed. There is no coal this month, but there are 1,000 Free XP login bonus days. Getting 13,000 FXP for completing both Daily Challenges will be nice on those days.

Edit: Today, Aug 4th, I found out that the 1,000 FXP days are a little different. For the stage 1's, you get 1,000 XP each. For the stage 2's you get 1,000 FXP each and for the stage 3's you get 2,000 Elite Cmdr XP. So for logging in and completing all the stages, you get 2,000 XP, 3,000 FXP and 4,000 ECXP for that day.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I thought that was how it worked for July, but it does not.

The wording in the briefing and the mechanics of the mission in-game do not always mesh. What I was getting in the game in July is "get this amount of XP in victorious battles" (I don't have it in front of me right now to double-check). 

All will become clear tomorrow night. :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
33 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The wording in the briefing and the mechanics of the mission in-game do not always mesh. What I was getting in the game in July is "get this amount of XP in victorious battles" (I don't have it in front of me right now to double-check). 

All will become clear tomorrow night. :Smile_great:

Oh yeah, tomorrow morning we will know for sure.

 

Here is the July briefing on Daily Challenge stage 1 series 2

Agpvw2z.jpg

And here is the in game mission wording.

4KPSczL.jpg

The ingame wording is more clear on what you have to do.

 

Here is the Aug wording in the breifing. As you can see it is exactly the same, so I think it will work just like the July ones did in Aug.

xcFDdgp.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,664
[ARGSY]
Members
17,488 posts
12,140 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah, tomorrow morning we will know for sure.

For some of us, yes; others have to wait a bit longer to raise steam and load guns. :Smile_teethhappy:

The way is open to win an obscene amount of FXP here. I am not normally one to FXP past ships, but I have it in mind to stop at Tier VIII in most if not all lines, and I am currently at Tier VII in two of them (Mahan, Lyon). And I already have the only Free XP ship in which I am currently even remotely interested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
On 7/31/2018 at 1:58 PM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

For some of us, yes; others have to wait a bit longer to raise steam and load guns. :Smile_teethhappy:

The way is open to win an obscene amount of FXP here. I am not normally one to FXP past ships, but I have it in mind to stop at Tier VIII in most if not all lines, and I am currently at Tier VII in two of them (Mahan, Lyon). And I already have the only Free XP ship in which I am currently even remotely interested.

Oh yeah, 78,000 free XP, on top of what you grind for the month, is nothing to sneeze at.  Well for normal players anyways.

 

Edit: Today, Aug 4th, I found out that the 1,000 FXP days are a little different. For the stage 1's, you get 1,000 XP each. For the stage 2's you get 1,000 FXP each and for the stage 3's you get 2,000 Elite Cmdr XP. So for logging in and completing all the stages, you get 2,000 XP, 3,000 FXP and 4,000 ECXP for that day. For the month, you would get 12k XP, 18k FXP, & 24k ECXP.

Edited by Kizarvexis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles

The Aug Daily Challenge event works almost the same as the Jul one.

 

The first 250 base XP you have to earn on the first task has to be done in one game.

 

The 500 base XP and the 4 other tasks requiring a win for the base XP to count, all can be done over multiple battles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,528
[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles

Updated as the 1,000 FXP days work differently.

Today, Aug 4th, I found out that the 1,000 FXP days are a little different. For the stage 1's, you get 1,000 XP each. For the stage 2's you get 1,000 FXP each and for the stage 3's you get 2,000 Elite Cmdr XP. So for logging in and completing all the stages, you get 2,000 XP, 3,000 FXP and 4,000 ECXP for that day. For the month, you would get 12k XP, 18k FXP, & 24k ECXP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×