You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Dr_VonStinkfinger

Just frustrated 0/19 - only Tirpitz and Hipper.

11 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
1,678 battles

4 hours of [edited]. Trying to do the missions. Trying to enjoy this. Trying and just getting [edited] over. 0/19 in a back and forth Tirpitz and Hipper run. 0/19. zero for [edited]19 games. I dont know what to do. The tirpitz is not allowed to pen crap. some say use HE close, other says AP. every shot bounces. had a 45 run of bounced shots in that thing. 50 dollars? I really enjoy the Hipper, but tonight just toasted my stats in it. averaging over 45k damage per match in it. Just venting.

[DNTZ]
Members
397 posts
18,399 battles
2 hours ago, Dr_VonStinkfinger said:

4 hours of [edited]. Trying to do the missions. Trying to enjoy this. Trying and just getting [edited] over. 0/19 in a back and forth Tirpitz and Hipper run. 0/19. zero for [edited]19 games. I dont know what to do. The tirpitz is not allowed to pen crap. some say use HE close, other says AP. every shot bounces. had a 45 run of bounced shots in that thing. 50 dollars? I really enjoy the Hipper, but tonight just toasted my stats in it. averaging over 45k damage per match in it. Just venting.

If the missions require wins and allow co-op, then you might want to try co-op. 

I know for the daily (250, 500, win+1000, ...) you can do these in co-op.

[SIMP]
Members
1,143 posts
10,043 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_VonStinkfinger said:

3 losses in a row, quit for the night.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, _cthulhu_ said:

3 losses in a row, quit for the night.

You obviously weren't trying to do the missions..."quit for the night" doesn't help here.

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_VonStinkfinger said:

Well 1st off welcome to the forums. Good place to come for advice when you're stuck.

All of these missions can be done in lower tiers than T8...& as you have only 1 T8 ship (Kagero) & only 7 battles in it I would suggest you are a bit out of your league in T8.

It takes a few more battles in lower tiers but you can sink a lot more & finish the missions easier in them & a bunch of little wins are a lot less frustrating than a bunch of losses.

Would suggest you get some more practice in the lower tiers because some of those T10 ships you are facing in most of those T8 battles are run by people that have a lot more experience not only aiming but more importantly at angling their ships to make all those rounds you are firing just bounce off harmlessly.

Just 1/2 of those losses tonight would have probably been wins in T7 battles & w/a few ship sinks & a mission or 2 completed would have netted you much better results.

Don't give up...there's always tomorrow...just drop down a tier or 2 at least for a few battles & maybe try again at the T8 after you've warmed up w/a win or 3 in the middle tiers & if the same thing keeps happening in the higher tiers...after 2 losses in a row drop back down for a few more wins before trying again...if that doesn't help...just stick to lower tiers for a few days & try again...but don't expect fabulous results in the higher tiers regardless...you really are lacking the experience for it right now.

Maybe buy yourself a T6 or T7 premium (or just run the regular tree ships) & keep the T8s on ice until you get the practice to make them pay off for you better.

[RKLES]
Members
11,761 posts
13,339 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_VonStinkfinger said:

Are you using fully equipped Tirpitz and full Secondary Build Captain like Bismarck requires? Tirpitz and Bisnarck as well as other such ships can be rather temperamental if not properly equipped and given the correct Captain skills.

Also both Tirpitz and Bismarck are brawlers so mid range if you must, but close rage is the best way to use them.

If you are willing to calmly help us sort things out I am sure you can be able to go out and have better results. :Smile_Default:

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,278 battles
7 hours ago, Dr_VonStinkfinger said:

Can I make a suggestion, find a good clan to join and start playing in divisions. Playing randoms as a solo player is the worst gaming experience in the game. If you are exceptionally skilled you can carry really bad teams but the vast majority of solo players are 50% win rate or below. 

Also 0-19, I can feel your pain but when you are frustrated it is time for a break. In my experience playing frustrated, you only play worse and worse. You start pushing too hard, making bad decisions and bad mistakes. 

Lastly at 0-19, frustration aside you may be making some bad decisions in game. Playing in a division with players who are better with you will help you develop your game very rapidly. They can point out things you are doing that do not make sense and correcting them will make a big deal. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,229 posts
11,347 battles

In addition to the excellent advice above, you need to post replay videos so we can give you the best advice. Posting replays takes less than 3 minutes. If you don't know how, google how to enable wows replays then google where to post wows replays.

Members
402 posts
3,961 battles
29 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

...the vast majority of solo players are 50% win rate or below...

...Playing in a division with players who are better with you will help you develop your game very rapidly. They can point out things you are doing that do not make sense and correcting them will make a big deal...

The top is me. The bottom is me. I do my best to not play solo after I decimated my Solo Win Rate playing the Tirpitz in Random.

I also understand the OP's frustration, as I too have experienced double digit losing streaks on more than 1 occasion. My last losing streak started right as I started Stage 4 (Win 15 games) for the Republique Legendary Mod. Dropped 7 straight and watched my Win Rate in it drop close to 10%, before finally getting a win, that was a game in which after playing for 2 years I got my first Kraken.

WG, MM, and RNG are notorious at the majority of the time. Just have to battle through it. Cheers!

[SIMP]
Members
1,143 posts
10,043 battles
4 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You obviously weren't trying to do the missions..."quit for the night" doesn't help here.

Did you get the missions done?

[PVE]
Members
4,631 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, _cthulhu_ said:

Did you get the missions done?

I have no ide what missions he is even referring to...but I have gotten all the free XP battles for coal so far this month & the 1250 points each night in the navy event thing so far.

Assuming he's referring to the coal ones because they are the ones that require actual wins after the 1st 2 each night...the navy ones take longer w/out wins but you can achieve them w/just kills & completed missions.