You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Raptor: when all the King's Horses...

21 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
12,123 posts
33,626 battles

image.thumb.png.a3200ad2fa7c21406c8d3b76763bacd0.png

For some mysterious reason of its own, the Ranger decided to run into this island. The devs didn't equip it with a reverse gear, so it continues to crush the accelerator and piled into the island. Finally we two BBs arrived to push it off the island...

image.thumb.png.8616bd6c3ea307253ffbd52ff1dbe354.png

...into the next island. Once again, it can't reverse or turn, just crushes the accelerator. 

Probably need to change that programming there....

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[INTEL]
Members
1,638 posts
14,029 battles

I was in that match and it's the second time in three days we've  lost a match because of this crap. The red bots sure don't have a missing reverse gear.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
2,804 posts
7,917 battles

Does it do this when the evac point is located at the north?

Didn't realize that the new Raptor can have a different escape route.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,485 posts
4,602 battles

I believe Raptor has four escape routes now.  I've only seen three.  SW, W, NW

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,254 posts
6,233 battles
10 minutes ago, mohawkdriver said:

Why were you all trying to mate with the CV at the same time?

The Ryujo was behind the next island, not part of the Raptor rescue within Raptor Rescue at the time.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
12,123 posts
33,626 battles
17 hours ago, mohawkdriver said:

Why were you all trying to mate with the CV at the same time?

The Dallas was too small to shove the Ranger off that island. So we had to bring up the BBs, but then we couldn't slow enough to prevent it from hitting the other island and grounding again. At that point I just gave up. I can beat any number of red bot cruisers (next game had 14 citadels and 219K damage in Fuso) but I can't beat this.

Stupid to lose like this. I'm rather tired of it, frankly.

• Cool 1

Members
280 posts
3,010 battles
7 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Spoiler

For some mysterious reason of its own, the Ranger decided to run into this island. The devs didn't equip it with a reverse gear, so it continues to crush the accelerator and piled into the island. Finally we two BBs arrived to push it off the island...

Spoiler

...into the next island. Once again, it can't reverse or turn, just crushes the accelerator. 

Weren't you in the match the other night when I tried to slow the Raptor so we could get the southern Red CV and it ended up sailing into an island and we found out then it had a Derp captain who didn't know ships could reverse...? :P

[INTEL]
Members
12,123 posts
33,626 battles
16 hours ago, Stormie1126 said:

Weren't you in the match the other night when I tried to slow the Raptor so we could get the southern Red CV and it ended up sailing into an island and we found out then it had a Derp captain who didn't know ships could reverse...? :P

Yup. I was in that one. *sigh*

Community Department
3,292 posts
1,296 battles
8 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I see it. Thanks for your feedback. I'll transfer this information to developers. 
UPD: Please make ticket to support with these screenshots and some description attached. 
It's definitely a bug that was not detected during Public test. 

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
2,734 posts
14,693 battles
5 hours ago, Taichunger said:

The Dallas was too small to shove the Ranger off that island. So we had to bring up the BBs, but then we couldn't slow enough to prevent it from hitting the other island and grounding again. At that point I just gave up. I can beat any number of red bot cruisers (next game had 14 citadels and 219K damage in Fuso) but I can't beat this.

Stupid to lose like this. I'm rather tired of it, frankly.

You should find a DD mate that will run in circles just past the spawn point.  

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,126 battles

I was in this game as well. It was pretty funny to come back to find this after killing the 4 incoming cruisers from the east with my Fushun (with a little help on the tier 8, but did most of it all myself with an offensive smoke). You can see me in the background in the second screenshot.

[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,126 battles
11 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Do you want me to send you my replay to send to them as well?

[INTEL]
Members
12,123 posts
33,626 battles
21 hours ago, Lightninger said:

No need, but thanks

Community Department
3,292 posts
1,296 battles
18 hours ago, Lightninger said:

If you have it please make ticket and attach. Communication with support will be more direct if any additional information is needed. 

[4HIM]
Members
2,850 posts
10,773 battles

I think Pointy Haired Jedi had a YouTube of this Op where the same thing happened.  

After the update it almost seems like Raptor goes out of its way to throw the game.

ETA: I think @Lord_Zath mentioned that he saw this happen in PTS.  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,804 posts
19,544 battles

Funny you should mention this because I just released a video two days ago showing a Raptor fail:

Fast forward if you want to the 12 minute mark.

[-K-]
-Members-, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,804 posts
19,544 battles

BTW, this can happen easily enough in-game...  just bump Raptor into an island.  Done.  Same goes for the French operation where you can bump Ruan into an island.  I think it's happening more often in Raptor Rescue because there's no longer one path Raptor will take, meaning the chances of it turning into an ally are higher.  Add in the fact that people like to stay really close to Raptor...

[A-D-F]
Members
1,431 posts
19,126 battles
36 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

BTW, this can happen easily enough in-game...  just bump Raptor into an island.  Done.  Same goes for the French operation where you can bump Ruan into an island.  I think it's happening more often in Raptor Rescue because there's no longer one path Raptor will take, meaning the chances of it turning into an ally are higher.  Add in the fact that people like to stay really close to Raptor...

We had one of the other bots get stuck on an island once in Hermes, not Ruan, in one game. In a way that was helpful as it was one of the battleships and couldn't die. The programmers really do need to add in an option for bots to reverse. How many do you have running with you? There are some nights where my group split into 2 divisions and we are getting new people every now and then. We could have both groups join up sometime if we're all on.

Edited by Lightninger