You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Ah, Podvoisky: near-48 knots and now decent turret traverse: Bottom in tiers, top in score

20 comments in this topic

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles

Can I have enemy teams like this EVERY TIME I play, please?(by the way, both of the non-kill secure kills I took 100% of their HP whether entirely in the Devastating Strike or through guns as well) I was just kind of scoping out D, yes, it was being captured, so I went around it, and lo and behold, a now-terrified(rightly so, because he couldn't run from a Podvoisky) Minekaze has just come out of the cap. He smokes, and I go behind an island, and then I turn north and head past his smoke screen without going near it. I torped his smoke on the way past, but those torps didn't hit anything, as he had already left his smoke. 

Then, he appeared 4.4 km off my starboard bow. He decided oddly, to turn to starboard, so he ended up off my port bow. We did this kind of torpedo dance, but he lead poorly and launched his torps too quickly, and I evaded them all(though he only launched 4 instead of 6) I proceeded to launch a wide-spread at his maintained course, and sure enough he blundered right into them(all 3, but he only needed 1).

Right then, a enemy(the Minekaze's allied) Pensacola came out of the cover of an island north of me with 250-something HP left, and started shooting at me. I promptly turned to port just a hint to get my two back guns on target, fired them hastily, and leveled out again. Unsurprisingly, 1 of the two HE shells I fired at the Pensacola was all it took, even though both hit.

After that, I noticed that there was this whole group of enemy BBs slowly sailing through D, completely and utterly oblivious to the whole scene that happened less than 10 km away. 

I figured "heck with it, they'll eventually probably notice me and use their AP to delete me, so why not YOLO?" So I charge their ranks, and they must be getting an "enemy Destroyer spotted!" alert, but they must have nearly all been thinking "enemy DDs don't have much health for me to take, so let's continue shooting at the DD's team's BBs and cruisers instead." 

I actually took no damage from AP at all in that entire debacle, and the only damage from BBs that I took was from secondaries(HE) or Calvin_And_Hobbes in the Iron Duke. Calvin_And_Hobbes actually noticed me from the moment I entered their ranks to stir up chaos, and to his credit, he did pay attention to me, did damage and kill me, but somehow, remembering to dodge my torpedoes must have gotten lost in his brain. I fired all 6 of my torps before I died(both triple launchers), and it took 5 to put him down, but in the span of 1.5 seconds, he went from 100.0% HP to 0.0% HP. A fully-healthy BB to a completely dead and useless one.

WORTH IT!(PM me if you want to see the actual screenshot of that event, I'm not putting it here because I don't want to name and shame some of the potato enemy BBs in the picture)

Oh, and the reason I blacked-out our Hood, is because he was boasting about how he did 95,000 damage in total this match after ramming the enemy New Mexico(also a potato, and nearly full hp)) with his 3/4 HP Hood. He bragged about how it was a great game and how he would be at the top of the team. Look at his standing on the team scores: he's only third, not top. That honor would belong to me, for taking out two full-hp same tier ships without any help from my team at all in dealing with them.

shot-18_07.29_18_26.13-0319.thumb.jpg.41c6ca7f4afe270a3a9878a7febb11ce.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07.29_18_26.35-0500_LI.thumb.jpg.48c93cfa0b18063f507bd57c0becdeca.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07_29_18_29.05-0996_LI.thumb.jpg.a621b0118a9640647f6a755d1588a092.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07_29_18_29.08-0014_LI.thumb.jpg.6ed659a16071eb44b0ca022fcec11be5.jpg

Remind me again who the WG genius was who thought this ship was UP and suggested a buff for her? :Smile-_tongue:

Edited by legoboy0401
  • Cool 2

[WOLF7]
Members
11,874 posts

All things being equal, a tier 5 with a good performance in a 5-7 will almost always out xp a tier 7. He rammed a tier 6, not nearly as valuable as killing your own tier or higher....:Smile_teethhappy:

Nice to hear the Pod got a buff, I've always enjoyed that ship, having turrets that move will make it even more fun.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

All things being equal, a tier 5 with a good performance in a 5-7 will almost always out xp a tier 7. He rammed a tier 6, not nearly as valuable as killing your own tier or higher....:Smile_teethhappy:

Nice to hear the Pod got a buff, I've always enjoyed that ship, having turrets that move will make it even more fun.

Yeah, I can't wait until Minsk. I believe Minsk is the first one in the line that starts printing Witherers left, right, and center. I don't have a single one yet. I suppose I'm just not good enough to get them yet, even so, my selection of ships is not good for potential Witherer farming.

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

If you don't already have it, you'll want DE to really start getting witherer achievements.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
13 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

If you don't already have it, you'll want DE to really start getting witherer achievements.

I don't have it, but it'll be my next 3 points once my as-of-right-now 10-point captain(PT, LS, BFT, AFT) reaches 13 points. I got BFT first because Podvoisky's reload is really bad, but BFT isn't a terrible of a Russian DD 3-point skill anyway.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
982 posts
8,709 battles

Oh gawd, I remember my Pod games. It was hilarious 1v1 Cleveland, Omaha and battleships in that thing. I may have to give it another try.

Members
293 posts

reading this it looks as if the Pod is a torpedo boat instead of genuine gun-machine..  funny about this BBs completely ignoring you and you just popping up right smack in the middle of them.

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
982 posts
8,709 battles

Holy Shrimp boats the buff made this ship so much more comfortable. I might have to get the Russian Dasha captain for the lols.

Zoom zoom daka daka until he finally got me 9 salvos later (was daka daka on 3 BB at once :Smile_teethhappy::cap_rambo: )

Zoom zoom cap all the caps because weeeeeee!:Smile-_tongue::cap_horn:

Screenshot (145).png

Screenshot (146).png

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
On 7/29/2018 at 8:34 PM, legoboy0401 said:

Can I have enemy teams like this EVERY TIME I play, please?(by the way, both of the non-kill secure kills I took 100% of their HP whether entirely in the Devastating Strike or through guns as well) I was just kind of scoping out D, yes, it was being captured, so I went around it, and lo and behold, a now-terrified(rightly so, because he couldn't run from a Podvoisky) Minekaze has just come out of the cap. He smokes, and I go behind an island, and then I turn north and head past his smoke screen without going near it. I torped his smoke on the way past, but those torps didn't hit anything, as he had already left his smoke. 

Then, he appeared 4.4 km off my starboard bow. He decided oddly, to turn to starboard, so he ended up off my port bow. We did this kind of torpedo dance, but he lead poorly and launched his torps too quickly, and I evaded them all(though he only launched 4 instead of 6) I proceeded to launch a wide-spread at his maintained course, and sure enough he blundered right into them(all 3, but he only needed 1).

Right then, a enemy(the Minekaze's allied) Pensacola came out of the cover of an island north of me with 250-something HP left, and started shooting at me. I promptly turned to port just a hint to get my two back guns on target, fired them hastily, and leveled out again. Unsurprisingly, 1 of the two HE shells I fired at the Pensacola was all it took, even though both hit.

After that, I noticed that there was this whole group of enemy BBs slowly sailing through D, completely and utterly oblivious to the whole scene that happened less than 10 km away. 

I figured "heck with it, they'll eventually probably notice me and use their AP to delete me, so why not YOLO?" So I charge their ranks, and they must be getting an "enemy Destroyer spotted!" alert, but they must have nearly all been thinking "enemy DDs don't have much health for me to take, so let's continue shooting at the DD's team's BBs and cruisers instead." 

I actually took no damage from AP at all in that entire debacle, and the only damage from BBs that I took was from secondaries(HE) or Calvin_And_Hobbes in the Iron Duke. Calvin_And_Hobbes actually noticed me from the moment I entered their ranks to stir up chaos, and to his credit, he did pay attention to me, did damage and kill me, but somehow, remembering to dodge my torpedoes must have gotten lost in his brain. I fired all 6 of my torps before I died(both triple launchers), and it took 5 to put him down, but in the span of 1.5 seconds, he went from 100.0% HP to 0.0% HP. A fully-healthy BB to a completely dead and useless one.

WORTH IT!(PM me if you want to see the actual screenshot of that event, I'm not putting it here because I don't want to name and shame some of the potato enemy BBs in the picture)

Oh, and the reason I blacked-out our Hood, is because he was boasting about how he did 95,000 damage in total this match after ramming the enemy New Mexico(also a potato, and nearly full hp)) with his 3/4 HP Hood. He bragged about how it was a great game and how he would be at the top of the team. Look at his standing on the team scores: he's only third, not top. That honor would belong to me, for taking out two full-hp same tier ships without any help from my team at all in dealing with them.

shot-18_07.29_18_26.13-0319.thumb.jpg.41c6ca7f4afe270a3a9878a7febb11ce.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07.29_18_26.35-0500_LI.thumb.jpg.48c93cfa0b18063f507bd57c0becdeca.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07_29_18_29.05-0996_LI.thumb.jpg.a621b0118a9640647f6a755d1588a092.jpg

Inkedshot-18_07_29_18_29.08-0014_LI.thumb.jpg.6ed659a16071eb44b0ca022fcec11be5.jpg

Remind me again who the WG genius was who thought this ship was UP and suggested a buff for her? :Smile-_tongue:

I'm the #1 Podvoisky player and I suggested the buffs, I just didn't think they would ever implement them. 

The server stats say it's still garbage but those of us who know Pods playstyle get to rejoice in Seal Clubbing Seal Clubbers.

Members
293 posts

well... since you were writing so full  of enthousiasme about the Pod I decided to acquire her again.  First time I had her - long, long time ago.. in a galaxy - no not that one.  Anyway, way back when I had a lot less experience I did not like her so much. But now...

Notice - the second battle; both Pods peak at 1.

image.thumb.png.88fa13f8c4540add64f57481d0ef4eab.pngimage.thumb.png.40973eec6750b216ff2553ee21045a25.png

image.thumb.png.650bb6828a61275ac68cdc21d3600d5d.png image.thumb.png.bf55887faa3729ebfb1fdacbfefe904a.pngimage.thumb.png.8ea0ea4ec076cf7f28cbe12e72325cc9.png

Edited by sendit2me30

[GLF]
Members
845 posts
12,089 battles

When the original RU DD split happened I was on gnevny at the time, so I got pod for free and never bothered to play it.  This review, as with others, opened my eyes to it.   It took me through this weekend's xp bonuses to do so ,but I finally 19 pointed my special RU captain  and moved him to pod with EM and MBM2 like I run on all my RU DDs.    Pleasantly surprised that pod's turrets turn like a nicholas, and hit like my leningrad.  I can't wait to get some T4/5 games in this boat for the LOLs.  

Pod build: PT, LS, EM, BFT, DE, AFT, CE.  

Only a single game in this boat so far.  Verdict is out if this captain is better left on Izy.  

[SYN]
Members
5,085 posts
12,249 battles

The Pod was already a bit overpowered even before its recent buff.  Tier V Khab, it is.  I have 70 ships in port and the Podvoisky is one of the top three best performing ships I have, and has been so ever since I first got it during the split.

Slap Sierra-Mike and Juliet-Charlie on the thing and you're nearly unstoppable.

• Cool 1

[KMK]
Members
154 posts
7,468 battles

I discoverd it this weekend, by the need of grinding Russian navy for PEF. It took me 22 battles grind 4 millions, really fall in love with it. I havent any russian ship in port, so it was love at first view.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,189 posts
4,996 battles

I tried playing it, but just wound up using some saved free XP to get to the Gnevny because every match felt like, well...

...Yeah this is also why I'm not sold on Le Terrible.

[ARGSY]
Members
1,819 posts
11,689 battles
On 7/30/2018 at 6:36 AM, legoboy0401 said:

Yeah, I can't wait until Minsk. I believe Minsk is the first one in the line that starts printing Witherers left, right, and center. I don't have a single one yet. I suppose I'm just not good enough to get them yet, even so, my selection of ships is not good for potential Witherer farming.

Go back to Izzy. She is a beast at t4 once you learn to play high speed gun boats

[BTRDS]
Members
348 posts
10,332 battles

first PvP with it, playing with that little Russian CL is a lot of fun. I played a T7 game and managed to deal with a Shchors without taking too much damage in response, I just did not start again because of an island that I hit with the stern, keeping me stable for a few seconds in which the CV hit me with 1 torp
shot-19_04.12_22_16_16-0003.thumb.jpg.9cd57218bd80cdbfdf39c43ab253dbda.jpgshot-19_04.12_22_16.25-0869.thumb.jpg.e1ea5863610f694c18620149509934e7.jpgshot-19_04.12_22_16.50-0329.thumb.jpg.c9773a09e70dabc838223bedf42c99df.jpg 

Members
590 posts
1,132 battles

I feel Podvoisky far more fun than Minsk, because being mostly the same ship, Pod has better gun rotation, plays at lower tiers with no radar and rare CVs and do mostly the same gameplay.

Members
769 posts

I switched from ninja torp boats to gunboats after the CV rework.  The Podvoisky is a little monster.  Harvesting the Ranger's entire HP from full strength was particularly pleasing.

5-6-7.jpg.e5a1c243c48c8c72ae7a8dbea19d08

[90THD]
Members
110 posts
On 4/10/2019 at 11:38 PM, RockChunker said:

Dude...Never ever...EVER   publically state on WG that you think your ship is a stone cold killer.  Jesus H. Christ....These WG dickheads will break warp 10 rushing to nerf the ship.  If you got a good ship,   Shhhhh.......be quiet

Boy for someone who hates WG so much you sure do support them by playing their game a lot.  Dude, you need to just go away, all you do is complain