Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

this weekend in Raptor Rescue

3 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
4,245 posts
12,248 battles

This weekend was awful. Every time I played a cruiser the first shot from the 1st enemy BB citadel me. I was using the same tactics I have scored 5 start wins with but I'd swear the BB was shooting JDAMs. It seemed a lot of people thought Raptor Rescue was the place to learn how to play CV's & DD's. Because the bot ships are so good at dodging torpedoes only the better CV & DD drivers make these ships work. 

To top it off one player was talking about " carrying potatoes" but was off chasing a carrier when he was needed to defend the Raptor the last few meters into the win zone. The bow of the Raptor was almost crossing the line when she was sunk.

Well you win some & you loose some.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
52 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

This weekend was awful. Every time I played a cruiser the first shot from the 1st enemy BB citadel me. I was using the same tactics I have scored 5 start wins with but I'd swear the BB was shooting JDAMs. It seemed a lot of people thought Raptor Rescue was the place to learn how to play CV's & DD's. Because the bot ships are so good at dodging torpedoes only the better CV & DD drivers make these ships work. 

To top it off one player was talking about " carrying potatoes" but was off chasing a carrier when he was needed to defend the Raptor the last few meters into the win zone. The bow of the Raptor was almost crossing the line when she was sunk.

Well you win some & you loose some.

I see quite a few players leave at the critical time to go off on a big adventure to get a carrier. Well ok I guess if it is a fast DD or fast cruiser but I have seen slow BBs leave the fight when badly needed during the critical fight around the caps to go off on one of these loooong chases.  Just leave.  Take their powerful ship out of the game for like several minutes. I call that stupid play and it drives me nuts when it happens. Often I have seen them get killed doing this and don't even get to the carrier. If you want the carrier go after it with something other than a BB when the game still hangs in the balance.. I think I am right on this one. 

[TDRB]
Members
4,245 posts
12,248 battles

I think I am right on this one.

On a Normandie you can take more of a chance because of its speed but on a New Mexico you need to stay close. As for the other T6 BB's your speed determines how far you can venture from the Raptor. Being a torpedo screen is an important task. You don't want to get sunk but you do want to take one or two for the Raptor. The New Mexico is good at mitigating torpedo damage. Of course the cruisers need to stay alive & stick close to sink those pesky DD's to reduce the number of torpedoes you have to dodge.

Sign in to follow this