Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

Alsace, nerfed, now time for a buff?

18 comments in this topic

[KILL]
Members
809 posts
10,774 battles

So of course i get the Alsace a day after it gets nerfed.     I was terrible in it for a few days,  got a couple modules and commander abilities and now i rack up pretty good damage in it.   Get good kills, take caps, all that Jazz against tier 10's constantly and still can't come anywhere near the top in terms of experience per battle.  In any other battleship with the games I've had i'd sure be 1,2 maybe third in terms of experience, but with this i'm middle of the pack consistently.  So, now that the damage ability has been nerfed on the Alsace, is it time to buff the experience output?

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

I did notice that about it’s secondaries. Makes it a lot easier on dad players like myself.

Members
785 posts
3,318 battles

Are you sure you’d be in the top 3 in another BB? The XP isn’t nerfed as far as anyone knows and all BB’s are roughly the same. Are you dealing large % of health damage or just large damage spread across many ships? 

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

If you are pushing close to caps, try to hit DDs you earn way more XP for that if I am not mistaken????

[KILL]
Members
809 posts
10,774 battles

i push caps when it's not a flame fest.  Normally can pop a dd for a couple hits here or there but with all the lighter cruisers, once they get spotted they are dead or gone before a reload.

Just pulled in a 150k game and missed the top 3 by 150 points.   Had a point blank brawl with a musashi.  Hit half a dozen ships and was basically the only one contesting one side of the map.

[NET]
Beta Testers
527 posts
5,219 battles

i'd rather be playing the "nerfed" alsace again than trying to grind through this supposedly buffed Izumo. what a steamy pile.

• Funny 1

Members
5,108 posts
9,334 battles

No reason to buff the XP - just do things that buff XP no matter the ship.  As you go up in tier - there are less ships above you to damage and that will cause XP differences.  A tier 8 in a tier X game will have any ship in tiers 8/9 to getg 'extra' XP.  A tier 9 in a tier X game only have tier X ships to do that.  Cap when you can and hopefully you can get some good damage from spotting points as well.

Members
85 posts
27 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

it was barely nerfed at all, the ship is fine...

How much experience you have in the nerfed Alsace to backup your statement?

IMO the worst side of this is that they nerfed the Alsace to make the upcoming Jean Bart look good. JB will have a great 26s reload and even gets the main battery reload consumable, meanwhile they nerfed Alsace's to 32s. JB will have 2.0 sigma, Alsace now has 1.6(!). 

Everything that is now a weakeness on Alsace is a strength on JB, aside from the sheer number of guns. Feels like a slap in the face for someone who has the Richelieu and was 1 day (at most) worth of grind from the Alsace! 

Oh well, I will grind the IJN BB line up to the Izumo now. Maybe that will make even the nerfed french look great.

• Cool 3

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,532 battles
41 minutes ago, SheikTheDog said:

How much experience you have in the nerfed Alsace to backup your statement?

IMO the worst side of this is that they nerfed the Alsace to make the upcoming Jean Bart look good. JB will have a great 26s reload and even gets the main battery reload consumable, meanwhile they nerfed Alsace's to 32s. JB will have 2.0 sigma, Alsace now has 1.6(!). 

Everything that is now a weakeness on Alsace is a strength on JB, aside from the sheer number of guns. Feels like a slap in the face for someone who has the Richelieu and was 1 day (at most) worth of grind from the Alsace! 

Oh well, I will grind the IJN BB line up to the Izumo now. Maybe that will make even the nerfed french look great.

The only things changed on Alsace are +2 seconds(30 to 32) to the main battery reload and 0.1 lower sigma(1.7 to 1.6).  Nothing else about the ship was touched at all.  Alsace was overperforming compared to the other T9 BBs, so those changes were to help bring it closer in performance to the others without making large changes that could throw balance out the window.

Members
3,064 posts
1,923 battles
8 minutes ago, Deno said:

The only things changed on Alsace are +2 seconds(30 to 32) to the main battery reload and 0.1 lower sigma(1.7 to 1.6).  Nothing else about the ship was touched at all.  Alsace was overperforming compared to the other T9 BBs, so those changes were to help bring it closer in performance to the others without making large changes that could throw balance out the window.

IMO, the only thing wrong with it was the abnormally large amount of guns for Tier IX. If one of the turrets were removed, then not only would it be great practice for Republique, it would also be consistent, although the reload would probably have to go down to 28 or 29 seconds for that to work on such low-caliber guns.

[KILL]
Members
809 posts
10,774 battles

And another one.   123k, solo captured a base and didn't make the top 4 by 155 points.  I'm just saying, i don;t think I've ever missed the top 3 when scoring over 100k damage in any other bb.

Spoiler

vGbZHW6.jpg

Spoiler

TI6oo08.jpg

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Target Every DD you see in range, as a BB you need to Hit them at will. The better your aim the less likely you will miss them. Practice Shooting them . Alsace is a born DD killer.

[RG]
[RG]
Members
2,893 posts
6,829 battles
8 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Target Every DD you see in range, as a BB you need to Hit them at will. The better your aim the less likely you will miss them. Practice Shooting them . Alsace is a born DD killer.

Yep. When the prey shoots back, it's almost sporting. :Smile_teethhappy:

[RG]
[RG]
Members
2,893 posts
6,829 battles
18 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

And another one.   123k, solo captured a base and didn't make the top 4 by 155 points.  I'm just saying, i don;t think I've ever missed the top 3 when scoring over 100k damage in any other bb.

Reveal hidden contents

vGbZHW6.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

TI6oo08.jpg

Looks like a really low payout, too...what happened there? IS that typical?

[LEGIO]
Members
3,373 posts
7,104 battles
20 hours ago, SheikTheDog said:

That's pretty dirty on WG's part if you ask me. What good is Alsace's 12 guns if they're not anywhere near as accurate as the 8 guns on the Jean Bart?

Members
22 posts
6,989 battles
On 7/30/2018 at 1:02 AM, Deno said:

Overperforming? It was nerfed far before the usual 6-month wait, so the only "Overperforming" in my opinion that was occurring, are those who are extremely good at the Game and were able to play a fun ship well.

On 7/30/2018 at 1:12 AM, legoboy0401 said:

IMO, the only thing wrong with it was the abnormally large amount of guns for Tier IX. If one of the turrets were removed, then not only would it be great practice for Republique, it would also be consistent, although the reload would probably have to go down to 28 or 29 seconds for that to work on such low-caliber guns.

A large number of guns was the only thing abnormal about it indeed, the back turret, however, does not have a 30-degree angle when facing the bow, and the guns are taken out quite frequently, so that Is why I agree with the 1.7/8 sigma with 28/29 second reload. 

On 7/30/2018 at 8:48 PM, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

That's pretty dirty on WG's part if you ask me. What good is Alsace's 12 guns if they're not anywhere near as accurate as the 8 guns on the Jean Bart?

That is true, here is a chart that a user had created comparing gun statistics of tier 9 tech tree BBs

Alsace:

• 3X4 380MM
  • 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 13.05m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 11900 AP / 5400 36% HE
  • Current Reload - 30 sec / Nerfed Reload - 32 sec
  • Current Sigma - 1.7 / Nerfed Sigma 1.6

FDG:

4X2 406MM

• 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 12700 AP / 4800 38% HE
  • Reload - 28 sec
  • Sigma 1.8
    Or
  • 4X2 420MM
  • 20.3km Max Range
  • 265m Dispersion
  • 13500 AP / 5000 41% HE
  • Reload - 32 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

Lion:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 20.7km Max Range
  • 267m Dispersion
  • 12.9m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 12600 AP / 6900 46% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8 (I think)

Or

• 3X3 419MM
  • 20.7km Max Range
  • 267m Dispersion
  • 12.9m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13000 AP / 7200 48% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8 (I think)

Izumo:

• 3X3 410MM
  • 21.7km Max Range
  • 240m Dispersion
  • 11.06m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 12900 AP / 6500 30% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8
  • Musashi:
  • 3X3 460MM
  • 26.5km Max Range
  • 274m Dispersion
  • 10.34m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 14800 AP / 7300 35% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.8

Iowa:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 23.3km Max Range
  • 293m Dispersion
  • 12.57m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13500 AP / 5700 36% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.9

Missouri:

• 3X3 406MM
  • 23.4km Max Range
  • 294m Dispersion
  • 12.56m of dispersion p/ km of range
  • 13500 AP / 5700 36% HE
  • Reload - 30 sec
  • Sigma 1.9

With a mode of 0.2 sigma points below most ships, 0.3 for 2 cases, The 12 guns don't mean anything if they can't hit anything, Most Salvo's I get in it usually give me 1 shot that hits the target, over-pens, bounces, or shatters, while in other salvos I have a completely broadside Atago/(cruiser with a significant citadel) 8km away, get 1-4 over-pens, or in some rarer cases, completely miss the target. I believe that if the reload stays the same, at least change the sigma to 1.75 or 1.8.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,531 posts
12,810 battles
On 7/30/2018 at 8:46 PM, Thornir said:

Looks like a really low payout, too...what happened there? IS that typical?

You'd have to see the detailed results.  129k damage is OK for a T9 BB but I wouldn't consider it great either.  those 5 cits must have been spread out across multiple ships, and the kill was probably a cit on a low health target.  To finish that low on the results page, he likely did not get a high % of damage to any single target.

Sign in to follow this