Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sillyak

Damage bug?

5 comments in this topic

[F-101]
Members
2 posts
1,946 battles

I just finished a game. Fighting an enemy DD inside smoke. Hit him with 6 torpedos. Did not die. 3 full salvos to kill him after the 6 torp hits. Any idea what's wrong? The additional time it took for me to finish him off cost me my ship.

Screenshot (2).png

Members
1,271 posts
3,661 battles

Damage saturation. You must have hit your target multiple times in the bow or stern, where torpedo damage is reduced.

Basically, there's now bow left to damage after the first torpedo so the other torpedoes don't do damage.

(someone post that gif of a Shimakaze eating 10 torpedoes pls)

Members
3,064 posts
1,923 battles
2 minutes ago, Sillyak said:

Ah that makes sense. Hard pill to swallow though.

IMO, you should try and aim where the torps are going to hit more toward the center of the enemy ship when YOLO-torping, especially in Podvoisky.

I just got out of a battle in her(very similar circumstances, mind you) where I was fighting a Minekaze. Given the slow reload of Podvoisky's guns and the fast reload of Minekaze's torps, I decided from the start to torp her. Mind you, the Minekaze was closing fast(more my fault as a 42 knot dd than the Minekaze's, as I was heading in the opposite direction) and had the same idea. The Minekaze panic-torped(in NARROW spread, mind you:Smile_facepalm:)and torped WAY too soon with the first salvo, was a little too hasty on the second, and for whatever reason never fired the third(I damaged it, and I think she couldn't repair it(the Minekaze had already burned DCP) so it's reload restarted).

I, on the other hand, used WIDE SPREAD, and torped a little bit slower, but when I did it was totally impossible for the Minekaze to dodge it. I believe she took 1 torp on the bow and 1 amidships, and the 3rd and last torpedo from me would have hit a bit further away(slightly abaft the beam), but the first two did her in. None of my 3 torps that I sent hit the same location twice, and that is key.

Sign in to follow this