You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Help Me With a Grinding Math Question

44 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts

I'm normally pretty good at math (as long as I have enough fingers and toes to count with.)

Here's the math problem.

I currently have the Bismarck with 270,195 XP.

I had the Freidrich der Gross but sold it. All of its modules are fully researched.

So there is nothing left to research with the FderG.

Later on I decided to grind for the Kurfurst without buying the FderG a second time.

When I now click on the Kurfurst to unlock it I am told I'm still 38,514 XP short.

Well, since 270,195 is a bigger number than 255,000 how on earth am I still short 38,514?

1AeHzIi.jpg

vbaukc7.jpg

Okay, I'm bracing myself for one of those answers that make you go "Doh!"

:Smile_hiding:

[TRW]
Members
33 posts
11,725 battles

Kurfurst is from the DeGrosse.  So you would need 255k XP on deGrosse to get Kurfurst without using free XP.  You must have 215k Free XP (Green number in the top right) I figure.  That number on the Bismark is kind of meaningless once you get the Fredrick.  Although you can use the Dubloons (which I have none) to convert that to free XP or something.  I have 750k XP on some ships that I can not do anything with..... 

Sounds like you need to be Fredrick, play 5-7 battles for wins (or ~ 10-12 losses) to get your Kurfurst!

Edited by Stampineer
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
Members
239 posts
8,988 battles

Bismark XP is stuck to Bismark and Bismark only, you need to play more games on Fredrich the Grobe in order to unlock the Grober Kurfurst

• Cool 1

[ADOPT]
Members
114 posts
15,387 battles

You need to get those 38k exp, playing F der Grosse.

• Cool 1

[P-V-E]
Members
1,382 posts

have you used gold to convert some ship XP to free XP, which has removed some XP from one of the ships leaving you short of XP

[0456]
Members
3,348 posts
9,066 battles
8 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

0 replies

:Smile_popcorn:

Wow. 

How about giving us a couple minutes to digest how you figure Bismark xp would port over to GKF?

Edited by _ENO_
  • Funny 1

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
5 minutes ago, Stampineer said:

Kurfurst is from the DeGrosse.  So you would need 255k XP on deGrosse to get Kurfurst without using free XP.  You must have 215k Free XP (Green number in the top right) I figure.  That number on the Bismark is kind of meaningless once you get the Fredrick.  Although you can use the Dubloons (which I have none) to convert that to free XP or something.  I have 750k XP on some ships that I can not do anything with..... 

Sounds like you need to be Fredrick, play 5-7 battles for wins (or ~ 10-12 losses) to get your Kurfurst!

I feel ill now.   :cap_fainting:

I have about 27 million credits and don't want to waste 15million of them for a stock FderG.  I also want to save my 208K Free XP.

Oh well, I'll stick with the Conq as my only T10 BB.  My sweet spot is T5-7 anyways.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
5 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Wow. 

How about giving us a couple minutes to digest how you figure Bismark xp would port over to GKF?

I was told that you could skip over a ship but never tried it before.

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
2 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Skip over paying real money to WG, buying doubloons :D

Or grind enough free exp which would take Eons lolz

Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
16 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

How much camo and how many special flags do you have? 38k free xp can be done in about 5-10 games easily if you have all the boosters. To me with my limited credits currently, I would rather grind out 38k free xp than spend that much on a tier 9 only to sell it after about 5-10 games.

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,722 posts
14,420 battles
48 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I'm normally pretty good at math (as long as I have enough fingers and toes to count with.)

Here's the math problem.

I currently have the Bismarck with 270,195 XP.

I had the Freidrich der Gross but sold it. All of its modules are fully researched.

So there is nothing left to research with the FderG.

Later on I decided to grind for the Kurfurst without buying the FderG a second time.

When I now click on the Kurfurst to unlock it I am told I'm still 38,514 XP short.

Well, since 270,195 is a bigger number than 255,000 how on earth am I still short 38,514?

From my own experiences, when you have your Freidrich, you either did not fully upgrade her.

Can you take a screen shot of your grey out Freidrich for us to see more information?

On the other hand, the ship XP you have on the Bismark, stay with the Bis, the XP did not carry over to the Freidrich to get to the Kurfurst. What you should have done, is convert those XP on the Bis to freeXP or wait till the next discount to convert them. It a waste to stay on the Bis

Edited by ObiwankzKenobi

[A-I-M]
[A-I-M]
Members
2,498 posts
20,100 battles
25 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Handling charges,

See the source image

Superbly classic, sir. 

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts

Why was I under the impression the op was quitting the game was this because of his I quit thread that he posted hmm.

[RCB4]
[RCB4]
Beta Testers
555 posts
1 hour ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

yea you can skip ship just research them and dont buy them 

has long has you research it you can move to the next ship in tech three

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,507 posts
4,602 battles

I had to do this the other day (fortunately for a lot fewer Cr).  You sold FdG before you unlocked GF; it wasn't an Elite ship when you sold it.  Now you either buy it back or come up with enough FXP to make up the difference.  No way around it.

Bismarck has nothing to do with this.

• Cool 2

[KILL]
Members
809 posts
10,774 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I had to do this the other day (fortunately for a lot fewer Cr).  You sold FdG before you unlocked GF; it wasn't an Elite ship when you sold it.  Now you either buy it back or come up with enough FXP to make up the difference.  No way around it.

Bismarck has nothing to do with this.

Wait,  does a ship being elite mean something when you sell the ship? Other than the fact that you should already have the following ship?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,448 battles
4 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

I feel ill now.   :cap_fainting:

I have about 27 million credits and don't want to waste 15million of them for a stock FderG.  I also want to save my 208K Free XP.

Oh well, I'll stick with the Conq as my only T10 BB.  My sweet spot is T5-7 anyways.

Was this a trick question or are you like those underground moles that are basically blind?

[WOLF9]
Privateers
12,507 posts
4,602 battles
3 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Wait,  does a ship being elite mean something when you sell the ship? Other than the fact that you should already have the following ship?

Not absolutely.  If you have the following ship and it's not Elite you won't be able to do anything with any XP accumulated on it. "Elite" is a good check.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles
5 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Being Elite means that you not only went through the hull research, you upgraded all the guns, torps, fire control and propulsion too (as applicable for a particular ship). What I'm not completely sure of is whether this gives you FXP on all XP earned from that point, or access to the entire pool of XP earned so far for conversion. 

[WOLF6]
Members
775 posts
5,132 battles

Any XP earned on an elite ship stays locked with the ship.   It’s now a pool of ship XP that is available for conversion to free XP for $$$.

• Cool 1

Members
84 posts
2,760 battles
1 hour ago, wtfovr said:

Any XP earned on an elite ship stays locked with the ship.   It’s now a pool of ship XP that is available for conversion to free XP for $$$.

Hence the reason I have two ships with over 100k xp on each...I don't have the doubloons (haven't spent $$) convert it to FXP. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
5,489 posts
17,063 battles
16 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Bismarck XP is irrelevant.  The 255 is how much FdG XP is required to get you to GK.  If you are 38K short, that means you didn't research all the modules on the path to GK.   Please confirm.  Post a screenshot if it shows you have researched the main FdG module line to GK.