Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hatchetface_1

Torp spread?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

23
[BPP]
Members
94 posts
16,082 battles

I very seldom take this Lex out anymore-once or twice a month-but today I did. Trying to stop a DD from capping and as my torp bombers approached he smoked and disappeared in a small smoke screen-I guess he had to back up quick. Anyway I manual dropped the torps because I could cover most of the smoke screen. Look at the screen shot. Wasn't fast enough to get it just at the right time but with torps coming he left the smoke screen which is why I saw what I did. Look at the uneven spacing of the torps, particularly between the 5th and 6th from the bottom up. That is exactly where the DD was. Call me a liar if you want but I know what I saw. I find it a little suspect-or maybe more than a little. I honestly think that if these guys at WG had rigged the election Stalin would now be our Prez.shot-18_07.29_18_01.04-0334.thumb.jpg.e4f6922b623414fc89b0880a2b7f0b66.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,588
[HINON]
Supertester
19,610 posts
13,197 battles

Any time RNG helps us it's skill. Any time RNG works against us it's rigged. Seems legit.

  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,774 posts
8,456 battles
15 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

I very seldom take this Lex out anymore-once or twice a month-but today I did. Trying to stop a DD from capping and as my torp bombers approached he smoked and disappeared in a small smoke screen-I guess he had to back up quick. Anyway I manual dropped the torps because I could cover most of the smoke screen. Look at the screen shot. Wasn't fast enough to get it just at the right time but with torps coming he left the smoke screen which is why I saw what I did. Look at the uneven spacing of the torps, particularly between the 5th and 6th from the bottom up. That is exactly where the DD was. Call me a liar if you want but I know what I saw. I find it a little suspect-or maybe more than a little. I honestly think that if these guys at WG had rigged the election Stalin would now be our Prez.shot-18_07.29_18_01.04-0334.thumb.jpg.e4f6922b623414fc89b0880a2b7f0b66.jpg

One other option is go for the blind drops.  I shouldn't even be telling you this because I'm a DD player, but if you just torp right outside the smoke is where you want to land the drop to get the hit.  Not sure how the dive bombers work with the cv's but I'd assume you could manually drop inside the smoke cloud.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

Destroyers are like limp member predators.  They're only competent when they surprise you; but in a fair fight they're impotent. Regardless, they have no place in civil society.

 

^ That's a joke.  In case you couldn't tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
173
[A-I-M]
Members
1,093 posts
14,555 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Any time RNG helps us it's skill. Any time RNG works against us it's rigged. Seems legit.

Corollary: anything that happens in game to my benefit is my skillz. Anything working to my detriment is RNG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[BPP]
Members
94 posts
16,082 battles
4 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I'd be more concerned that the top screen shows there's 5 caps in a 4 cap game...

The DD was capping A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,981
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,100 posts
4,429 battles
5 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

The DD was capping A.

.....look again. I see an A, B, two C's, and a D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[BPP]
Members
94 posts
16,082 battles
6 hours ago, Lert said:

Any time RNG helps us it's skill. Any time RNG works against us it's rigged. Seems legit.

I was actually more interested in finding out if RNG dictates random paths for torps and gaps them like this randomly. I bring it up because a few days ago I read a post that said the torps his DDs fired were not even spreads but like my screen shot. I noticed the same thing 2-3 weeks ago with my DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[BPP]
Members
94 posts
16,082 battles
4 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

.....look again. I see an A, B, two C's, and a D.

My mistake. He was capping C. The second C that overlaps the B is the screenshot C that is over the cap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,981
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,100 posts
4,429 battles
2 minutes ago, Hatchetface_1 said:

My mistake. He was capping C. The second C that overlaps the B is the screenshot C that is over the cap.

torps.jpg.18cb07318fdd2fb7f476d8ac316ca98b.jpg

Weird. Never had that happen to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23
[BPP]
Members
94 posts
16,082 battles
3 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Weird. Never had that happen to me.

I had right clicked to the smoke screen to bring in the planes and the C over the cap just happened to line up with the cap letters but yeah-it does look weird lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×