You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Ranked battles: when and how?

23 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles

The questions I have are:

1) When will it start? (My gut instinct tells me August 20th, which could be a pain as I will be away the first half of September).

2) Which tier or tiers will be involved? (Please WG, for the love of God, make it homogenous this time.)

3) How much advance warning will we get, in case we're considering shifting captains about?

[FML]
Members
3,620 posts
14,525 battles
19 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The questions I have are:

1) When will it start? (My gut instinct tells me August 20th, which could be a pain as I will be away the first half of September).

2) Which tier or tiers will be involved? (Please WG, for the love of God, make it homogenous this time.)

3) How much advance warning will we get, in case we're considering shifting captains about?

I really hope it isn’t T10 again. First Ranked I refused to play, as I didn’t want to get dragged down playing 200-300 battles in a Mino in such a radar heavy environment, losing ng credits every battle. 

8 minutes ago, Lensar said:

Tier 6 or GTFO

Agreed, T6 is clearly the most balanced - and no radar to trigger massive complaints...

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,754 posts
25,007 battles

Earliest patch day will be 22nd, so not before that date. Better stop listening to your guts.You get a soonish warning if the PTS patchnotes will mention ranked battles.

[TJRD]
Members
817 posts
4,891 battles

Tier 6 and 8 are my favored tier for ranked. Almost all of my favorite ship are in those tiers. Though now I have a few fun tier 7s at least.

[SYN]
Members
8,185 posts
13,723 battles

1.Sometime after clan battles ends.

2.No one that can say knows. I suspect it will be split tier again, my guesses are either 6/8 or 8/10.

3.Ya never know with WG

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,885 posts
13,620 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

SoonTM

Actually it will be some time after CW ends,

[O-PN]
[O-PN]
Members
9,111 posts
10,491 battles

I mean, itll be the end of August, a the earliest. I'm kinda wondering why Ranked is on your mind, right now.

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
28 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

SoonTM

Actually it will be some time after CW ends,

Probably after the next patch after the end of the current CB season.

• Cool 1

Supertester
2,179 posts
9,480 battles

No clue as to when, but im hoping this Ranked season will be T8 only. T10 competitive there's CBs for that

• Cool 1

Members
2,840 posts
8,602 battles

WOW take here. Soon. Im kinda looking forward to it myself. Miss pulling my hair out, getting frustrated, missing work, being told I suck, staying up late, wife getting mad, staying at one rank for three weeks etc. Man I miss it.

Members
414 posts
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Probably after the next patch after the end of the current CB season.

I think it was late in the year, last year. They gave us a long break from the spring season of ranked before another one.

Members
4,410 posts
17,771 battles

If it's tier 10, I wont be doing it.

I'd love it if it was tier 6.(De Grasse, Perth, Monaghan) Lower tiers like 3 or 4 would be fun too. That would give us a reason, other than seal clubbing, to drive our low tier botes.

• Cool 2

[LOU1]
Members
4,078 posts
11,293 battles
51 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I mean, itll be the end of August, a the earliest. I'm kinda wondering why Ranked is on your mind, right now.

Probably to prepare ships and Commanders.  I have all of the tiers covered now, but a year or so ago, I had to grind to get ships and Commanders ready for Ranked.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

tier5.

my okhotnik needs new victims.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
17,539 posts
12,181 battles
30 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Probably to prepare ships and Commanders.  I have all of the tiers covered now, but a year or so ago, I had to grind to get ships and Commanders ready for Ranked.

This.

[TRW]
Members
33 posts
11,725 battles

I say they go Level 3 or 4!  It would be a blast.... esp. since you have to have reached level 14+ or something to be able to participate..... imagine all those little twerp ships roaming around firing.... I'd take my vampire or Nassau and rock the ocean!

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles

Honestly, as much as I think that tier 6 is balanced, I'd hate the damned smoke soup without a tool for dealing with it.  I'd rather have to deal with radar than all that smoke.

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

You can almost bet it will be tier 10 with the Stalingrad coming out soon. I hope not but you know it will more than likely be that way.  :Smile_hiding: