You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Halonut24

Is Tier X supposed to be this angry?

60 comments in this topic

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,412 battles

It seems like every game I take out in Midway is a *crap*show. Everything I do is wrong. Every single person in game is just ripping on me. "Go back to Co-op". "Worthless CV". "You're useless". "/s Thanks for the air cover CV".

I never got that much flak ever. They pretty much left me alone in Tier VIII and IX, but all of a sudden I have an off game and I'm satan's lieutenant? Is that kind of toxicity normal for Tier X? Is there any chill? I'm seriously considering turning chat off completely just to try to focus. I know I'm not great at CV. I'm trying. But geez, this is really not making me want to play my favorite ship in the world.

-How does one turn off chat anyhow? Figured I might as well figure it out now in case I decide to turn it off.

[CK5]
Members
1,265 posts
12,756 battles

Playing CV in a T10 match?  You might as well paint a bulls-eye on your forehead.   

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles

Well you are playing the one class that played wrong ensures the entire team losses the match. You have a 29% winrate in the midway and a PR of 600, you are going to get flamed out of every t10 CV match because you are throwing matches.

The CV class as a whole doesn't have a huge player base. The ones that play high tier are unicorn CV players, you need to stay in the lower tier play until your really good or expect to lose alot and expect all the blame because you are to blame. 

You free-xped to quickly up the CV line, this is a huge mistake. You may be able to get away with that in a BB or a cruiser but not in a CV or a DD. 

You can also use the midway in co-op as others suggested, it would be helpful in learning how to manage your planes with the midway, but I wouldn't dare play a t10 match with a CV until you are really good and NEVER without a fully trained captain. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto
  • Cool 10

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,492 battles

If you aren't extremely good in CVs it is best to play them only in co op until you get very good. Tier X players are a bit more serious than others since a loss is expensive.

[YORHA]
Members
4,765 posts
9,353 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:
Clutch Move In Before The Lock GIF - ClutchMove InBeforeTheLock GIFs

Could you stop?

Please?

• Cool 3

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,025 posts
3,053 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Could you stop?

Please?

It's his favorite meme...I'd consider it a badge of honor if Torps posted it in one of my threads...:)

[YORHA]
Members
4,765 posts
9,353 battles
1 minute ago, Bonfor said:

It's his favorite meme...I'd consider it a badge of honor if Torps posted it in one of my threads...:)

But every single thread?   It's getting old.

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
28 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

It seems like every game I take out in Midway is a *crap*show. Everything I do is wrong. Every single person in game is just ripping on me. "Go back to Co-op". "Worthless CV". "You're useless". "/s Thanks for the air cover CV".

I never got that much flak ever. They pretty much left me alone in Tier VIII and IX, but all of a sudden I have an off game and I'm satan's lieutenant? Is that kind of toxicity normal for Tier X? Is there any chill? I'm seriously considering turning chat off completely just to try to focus. I know I'm not great at CV. I'm trying. But geez, this is really not making me want to play my favorite ship in the world.

-How does one turn off chat anyhow? Figured I might as well figure it out now in case I decide to turn it off.

29%.....
I found the reason you get crap in chat....maybe stop playing the Midway,,,, (unless you are on the red team in a game I am in...

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[YORHA]
Members
4,765 posts
9,353 battles

*sigh*

OK.. you win.

And here comes the lock...

Spock.gif

[WORX]
Members
9,032 posts
17,182 battles
21 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

Considering, Tier X is the worst tier to play as a CV. Especially if you don;t have a lot of battles under your cpt collar. Anyone that can monitor WR or any other stats of players in game on a diffrent terminal will pick on you. Tier 10 is not for learning on the job because other CVs are better its rare to find new CV players in tier 10. My recommendation is don;t let the comment get to you and remind the idiots that you providing support not the win or the loss for them. I wish you all the luck

[--K--]
[--K--]
Members
4,137 posts
19,121 battles

I'm not even brave enough to take a T10 CV out without a ton of experience

Good luck with your salt mine :cap_popcorn:

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
18,432 battles
39 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

You better be good, because the red CV will tear a hole in your fleet guaranteed … Midway is still OP?

Members
1,380 posts
4,100 battles

Every one of these "people are nasty to me in chat" posts is the same.

Based on previous posts I predict:
You are a below average or very bad player - your win rate is below 45%

You probably have free XP'd much of the line and have little experience at high tiers

You would benefit from a lot more play-time in co-op or T4-5.

Short version: You are causing your team to lose all the time and they are sick of it. Your poor play is obvious to everyone but you.

Instead of wondering what you are doing wrong/seeking advice/fixing things you are going to complain about others complaints

I could be wrong but I'm 4 from 4 on these type of posts so far....

• Cool 5

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
2 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

You probably have free XP'd much of the line and have little experience at high tiers

Short version: You are causing your team to lose all the time and they are sick of it. Your poor play is obvious to everyone but you.

Instead of wondering what you are doing wrong/seeking advice/fixing things you are going to complain about others complaints

ljgtD1h.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1

[WOSV]
Members
584 posts
3,412 battles
3 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

1: Depends on what % you're looking at. overall I'm about 54%. In CV may be different.

2: Semi-correct. I free-exp'd some of the line.

3: How in TF does playing Langley and Bogue in coop help my play at Tier X? What is there possibly to learn there that I don't already have a grasp of.

4: This is my first such thread. Other's regarding my play in game have not been this way. Every other time I have sought out advice here.

[SALVO]
Members
24,190 posts
24,546 battles
17 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

29%.....
I found the reason you get crap in chat....maybe stop playing the Midway,,,, (unless you are on the red team in a game I am in...

To be fair, a problem with CVs is the skill differential.  And it shows itself most clearly in high tier CV play.    It's frankly not a shock to me that some less skilled CV players have such atrocious WRs in a Midway, given that the odds of facing unicum CV mains who will back your face in is so high.  Other ship types don't have this problem because one weak BB player can usually be covered by merely a little bit of a carry from all the other BB (and CAs and DDs) on the team.  But CV players tend to stand alone.  If they're bad and the other CV player is good, they're going to get nuked and their team will be at a massive disadvantage, all other things being equal.

In short, I question how fully representative WRs are for high tier CVs due to the issues of skill imbalance.

• Cool 1

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
4 minutes ago, Crucis said:

To be fair, a problem with CVs is the skill differential.  And it shows itself most clearly in high tier CV play.    It's frankly not a shock to me that some less skilled CV players have such atrocious WRs in a Midway, given that the odds of facing unicum CV mains who will back your face in is so high.  Other ship types don't have this problem because one weak BB player can usually be covered by merely a little bit of a carry from all the other BB (and CAs and DDs) on the team.  But CV players tend to stand alone.  If they're bad and the other CV player is good, they're going to get nuked and their team will be at a massive disadvantage, all other things being equal.

In short, I question how fully representative WRs are for high tier CVs due to the issues of skill imbalance.

exactly... why do people free XP to a ship, suck in the ship and complain that people berate them for sucking in a ship, and CONTINUE TO PLAY THAT SHIP????

rushing up to a ship is the worst thing that most new players can and will do.... A re-roll is one thing... but COME ON MAN

Edited by neptunes_wrath

[AAA]
Members
509 posts
9,024 battles
5 minutes ago, Halonut24 said:

1: Depends on what % you're looking at. overall I'm about 54%. In CV may be different.

2: Semi-correct. I free-exp'd some of the line.

3: How in TF does playing Langley and Bogue in coop help my play at Tier X? What is there possibly to learn there that I don't already have a grasp of.

4: This is my first such thread. Other's regarding my play in game have not been this way. Every other time I have sought out advice here.

I guess overall exp doesn't matter when you are playing a CV. All that matters is your CV WR because they are different and can make or break the game for the team.

[ICBM]
Members
580 posts
7,534 battles

Don't take this the wrong way. 

Until I started playing well, I took lots of crap in chat. This is because I was screwing up. The better I got, the less crap I took. I'm not great, but I'm decent and it is rare for someone to call me out. Still happens and sometimes they are frustrated and looking to blame someone. Sometimes it is legitimate. 

So the good news is as you get better, the angry chat tends to go away (actually, it's just directed to other people who are screwing up.)

The other good news is you can play lower tiers and co-op until you get your legs under you. 

If you are determined to play tier X, I'd recommend turning off chat, because until you get good at CV, everyone is going to give you mountains of salt for every mistake and even for things that aren't your fault. 

Best of luck. :)

Edited by mrieder79
  • Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,190 posts
24,546 battles
1 minute ago, neptunes_wrath said:

exactly... why do people free XP to a ship, suck in the ship and complain that people berate them for sucking in a ship, and CONTINUE TO PLAY THAT SHIP????

rushing up to a ship is the worst thing that most new players can and will do.... A re-roll is one thing... but COME ON MAN

Way to go off on a tangent and ignore every single thing I said.