You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LubzinNJ

Nueve de Julio....you're trolling right?

37 comments in this topic

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

Giving an Argentinian ship a British healing....deliberate or someone not putting 2 and 2 together?

Forgive me if this has already been brought up.

• Boring 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,764 posts
9,353 battles

Maybe, but my Warspite loves the raised citadel.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,733 posts
21,817 battles

Do you know what Boise / NdJ gave up to get that heal compared to tech tree Helena?  You obviously know nothing, OP.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Do you know what Boise / NdJ gave up to get that heal compared to tech tree Helena?  You obviously know nothing, OP.

He’s referring to the fact that they gave the Argentine ship a British trait. When an Argentine ship was sunk by a British ship. Which is why he asked if they were trolling.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[TWFT]
Members
1,254 posts
35,227 battles
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

He’s referring to the fact that they gave the Argentine ship a British trait. When an Argentine ship was sunk by a British ship. Which is why he ask if they were trolling.

^^this.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,733 posts
21,817 battles
5 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

He’s referring to the fact that they gave the Argentine ship a British trait. When an Argentine ship was sunk by a British ship. Which is why he ask if they were trolling.

Who cares?  All these ships are from a time before that conflict even came up.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
6,102 battles

if that was general belgrano i would "understand",but nueve de julio didn't even join the falklands war.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Really? History is that unimportant to you? Jesus I hate humanity. No wonder we're where we are.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I really don’t care. And you’re correct. But obviously the OP cared enough to make a post about it. I was just pointing out the reason as to why he was making a post about it.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
Just now, Cruxdei said:

if that was general belgrano i would "understand",but nueve de julio didn't even join the falklands war.

Still a humorous linking though.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
Just now, renegadestatuz said:

I really don’t care. And you’re correct. But obviously the OP cared enough to make a post about it. I was just pointing out the reason as to why he was making a post about it.

I don't "care" about the offensiveness, because if you're offended by the linking well man up Mary, but his disinterest in history does offend me.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,164 battles
4 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

I don't "care" about the offensiveness, because if you're offended by the linking well man up Mary, but his disinterest in history does offend me.

He didn’t say he doesn’t care about history. He’s wondering why anyone cares when the ships are from a time before the conflict. This ship wasn’t even part of the conflict, so I don’t even see any linking. 

[WOLF3]
Members
24,733 posts
21,817 battles
11 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Really? History is that unimportant to you? Jesus I hate humanity. No wonder we're where we are.

ASSuming much aren't you :Smile_teethhappy:

Members
4,302 posts
25 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

Giving an Argentinian ship a British healing....deliberate or someone not putting 2 and 2 together?

1st up, Argentina and the UK have only been enemies (i.e at war) for very brief periods of history.

2ndly, Argentina has often bought and equipped itself with British ships, and arms. Not least, in relatively recent history, Hercules and Santisima Trinidad, both launched in the early 1970s, Sheffield type 42 destroyers. Indeed, shortly before the 1982 conflict between the two countries, the UK (led by Margaret Thatcher) signed off a brand new arms sale to Argentina which included more warships, and arms tech.

3rdly, many ships in the Argentine navy have been either foreign designs, or foreign designed and built, of which British origin ships represent an important contribution. Not least among which, several battleships, an aircraft carrier, numerous destroyers, monitors, and so forth.

in summary, there is absolutely no clear reason for your OP other than to stir up trouble, perhaps?

• Cool 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles

Wow....I'm sorry I thought it was kinda funny. Got a lot of positive guffaws from folks in battles with the ship where I'd point it out. Guess not here. Alas.

[YORHA]
Members
4,764 posts
9,353 battles
1 minute ago, LubzinNJ said:

Wow....I'm sorry I thought it was kinda funny. Got a lot of positive guffaws from folks in battles with the ship where I'd point it out. Guess not here. Alas.

Not to to worry.  I got it.

Pedantry abounds around here.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
2 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

I am trying to imagine..

You don't get it? Argentina and Britain have a bit of a history. Even recently they've been crying about the Fauklands. In 82 they had a "war". So giving the first "Argentine" ship a British heal is kinda funny.

Members
4,302 posts
2 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

You don't get it? Argentina and Britain have a bit of a history. Even recently they've been crying about the Fauklands. In 82 they had a "war". So giving the first "Argentine" ship a British heal is kinda funny.

I take it you don't read posts that are too long, such as this one :

1st up, Argentina and the UK have only been enemies (i.e at war) for very brief periods of history.

2ndly, Argentina has often bought and equipped itself with British ships, and arms. Not least, in relatively recent history, Hercules and Santisima Trinidad, both launched in the early 1970s, Sheffield type 42 destroyers. Indeed, shortly before the 1982 conflict between the two countries, the UK (led by Margaret Thatcher) signed off a brand new arms sale to Argentina which included more warships, and arms tech.

3rdly, many ships in the Argentine navy have been either foreign designs, or foreign designed and built, of which British origin ships represent an important contribution. Not least among which, several battleships, an aircraft carrier, numerous destroyers, monitors, and so forth.

in summary, there is absolutely no clear reason for your OP other than to stir up trouble, perhaps?

I get what you are trying to say, but I don't get the same sentiments.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
3 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

I take it you don't read posts that are too long, such as this one :

I get what you are trying to say, but I don't get the same sentiments.

I read them, but that doesn't remove the humor of the situation. Also that 3 point post doesn't even comment on how Argentina even to today still isn't happy about the Fauklands. It's a funny connection, that is all I meant. Jeez.

[ARGSY]
Members
17,442 posts
12,103 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

Ironic, yes, but hey had to, because they gave the same thing to Boise. Can you imagine the screams of outrage if Boise had been given a heal and the NdJ not? The sorts of accusations that get threads locked would have been made.

Even so, the Boise/Nuevo heal is not quite as good as the British heal IIRC.

Members
4,302 posts
5 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

I read them, but that doesn't remove the humor of the situation. Also that 3 point post doesn't even comment on how Argentina even to today still isn't happy about the Fauklands. It's a funny connection, that is all I meant. Jeez.

Aquaint yourself with the forum rules. Some topics that are controversial, or come under a politics heading, are to be avoided.

as for 'funny', perhaps 'ironic' is the word you are looking for (applicable or not).

[FML]
Members
3,590 posts
14,497 battles
1 hour ago, LubzinNJ said:

Pity, due to the tier spread, they won’t face off against the Conquerer (again)...

Members
2,635 posts
7,898 battles
1 minute ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Pity, due to the tier spread, they won’t face off against the Conquerer (again)...

DrtWdN7.png

unfortunate

• Funny 2

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,628 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ironic, yes, but hey had to, because they gave the same thing to Boise. Can you imagine the screams of outrage if Boise had been given a heal and the NdJ not? The sorts of accusations that get threads locked would have been made.

Even so, the Boise/Nuevo heal is not quite as good as the British heal IIRC.

8 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

Aquaint yourself with the forum rules. Some topics that are controversial, or come under a politics heading, are to be avoided.

as for 'funny', perhaps 'ironic' is the word you are looking for (applicable or not).

Yeah I should have said ironic....my bad.