You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
verkhne

MM secret

17 comments in this topic

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
403 posts
9,090 battles

Just an experiment try running you ships without any flags..(sure use a base camo) see what happens! ( for me 4 losses in a row in Lyon...)

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles

Gonna need more than a 4 game sample size.

• Cool 2

[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

Gonna need more than a 4 game sample size.

Dont your MM experiments go into the Hundreds if not Thousands of games @Lert

Edited by torpsRus

Members
3,009 posts
564 battles
21 minutes ago, verkhne said:

Just an experiment try running you ships without any flags..(sure use a base camo) see what happens! ( for me 4 losses in a row in Lyon...)

eSfsYdE.gif

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,087 posts
17,156 battles
3 minutes ago, torpsRus said:

Dont your MM experiments go into the Hundreds if not Thousands of games @Lert

They also start with a premise that isn't entirely preposterous.

• Funny 1

[YAN]
Members
1,700 posts
8,085 battles
21 minutes ago, verkhne said:

Don't most people get the opposite?

Load up all those special signals and that Mosaic camo for the megaexpzz and game blasts you with everything it can.

That's why I make sure not to run anything more then a Zulu for economy, easy way to prevent it. :)

[TWFT]
Members
1,257 posts
35,294 battles

I never run flags in random games other then economic flags, I save them all for Ranked Battles and Clan Battles.  I don't notice much of a difference in win/loss or MM.

[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,535 battles

@verkhne Signals and camo have absolutely nothing to do with your win/loss woes. Match Maker uses only Tier and Ship type for making up teams. Player skill, ship set up, boxers or briefs mean absolutely nothing to match maker. Get over it and use your ship better and pray your random team mates do also! 

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

I have won in random with flags and camo and I have won in random with no flags or camo. Some flags do indeed help.  Some are not worth mounting. What I need is a flag that has a big potato on it but with an x across it. Be called the Not a Potato Flag. That means I will get preferential treatment in a match.  This flag would be rare and hard to get....to make things fair. :Smile_Default:

Edited by dmckay

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
18 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I did 4 games in a row with Zao last night with camo and 8 flags and lost them all. They obviously make you lose.

Damn right!  Flagology is not an exact science. 

• Cool 1

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
403 posts
9,090 battles
23 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Damn right!  Flagology is not an exact science. 

Well that is the problem , I am new to flagology!  But the studies have to start somewhere

[YORHA]
Members
4,766 posts
9,353 battles

When I run full flags,  premium camo, premium consumables with premium time I lose 100% of my battles 50% of the time. 

• Funny 1

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles
9 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

When I run full flags,  premium camo, premium consumables with premium time I lose 100% of my battles 50% of the time. 

This game is 90% mental and 50% physical........Yogi Berra

[DANKY]
Members
734 posts
2,066 battles

From my scientifically anecdotal study, it’s the _combination_ of signals that matters. When you run equal speed, papa papa, and the detonation flag, you get BBs who hate to leave the spawn.  If you add the ramming flag to that, 3/4 of your team will cap C.  If you run a full house of economic flags plus one dragon flag (any) and the Clash of Elements banner you’ll get that Shimakaze driver who likes to run straight through a cap, get spotted and commit suicide by cruiser. Naturally the AA flag plus premium DFAA ensures you won’t see a CV.  

Camo makes it more likely you’ll match with American cruisers running hydro instead of radar, and that guy who auto-reports Saipans.