You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
thegreenbaron

Best in game chat [edited] you've ever heard.

38 comments in this topic

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,267 posts
6,698 battles

I'll go first: that I was not a team player because I was trying to win the match and clearly needed to adjust my strategy to both lose and die like everyone else.  Because that's what a team player would do.

(landed 2nd place for xp on postgame scoreboard)

[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Yep, I often drive massachusetts, tanking, using secondary (since I'm not good aim) to get damage enemies all round me, then massachusette sinked from lot of ship gang up on it, meanwhile most team stay back, sometime it's help win game by flush them out of hiding island and damage them, sometime it's more harm than good, make red team easier and not worry about massachusette long term.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

"Reported for hacking! Enjoy your ban!" said after I got a lucky Dev.Strike + First Blood on a broadside Pensacola at near-max range while playing Fuso, using ripple fire to adjust the aim slightly between volleys.

"You did absolute $hit all most of the match, you lazy-[edited], back camping, $hit spammer! This is why I hate cruiser players! They don't support!" said by a salty teammate who was pissed off that I parked my Henri most of the match and firebombed from range (to be fair, the duel cost me 2/3rds of my HP). He forgot I dueled and won vs 2 DDs and the Minotaur that was in my area. I was 2nd highest while they were 3rd lowest from yoloing prematurely.

"Report YamatoA150! They did nothing most of the match!" said by another salty teammate when I was in a DD and horribly uptiered into T10. Actually, I had managed to cap, then got behind the enemy line and keep them all lit up the entire match, and got several torpedo hits on the token few ships trying to figure out where I was. Was ranked 4th from the top.

• Cool 3

Members
411 posts

A player in an NO chirping at me after I got High Caliber and Confederate, waiting for the cap point ticker to give us the win. Calling me a bad player for not facing a 3/4 HP New Orleans against a 1/5 HP Dunkerque in the last 2 minutes of the game. We won. :cap_haloween:

[-ARM-]
Beta Testers
958 posts
9,553 battles

Had one enemy player report me for hitting him with my MO's AP shells when his cruiser was ~20km away, in a turn. Blapped him for a dev strike, started yelling at me accusing me of using an aim bot or some other cheat.

[SALVO]
Members
24,191 posts
24,546 battles
13 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

"Reported for hacking! Enjoy your ban!" said after I got a lucky Dev.Strike + First Blood on a broadside Pensacola at near-max range while playing Fuso, using ripple fire to adjust the aim slightly between volleys.

"You did absolute $hit all most of the match, you lazy-[edited], back camping, $hit spammer! This is why I hate cruiser players! They don't support!" said by a salty teammate who was pissed off that I parked my Henri most of the match and firebombed from range (to be fair, the duel cost me 2/3rds of my HP). He forgot I dueled and won vs 2 DDs and the Minotaur that was in my area. I was 2nd highest while they were 3rd lowest from yoloing prematurely.

"Report YamatoA150! They did nothing most of the match!" said by another salty teammate when I was in a DD and horribly uptiered into T10. Actually, I had managed to cap, then got behind the enemy line and keep them all lit up the entire match, and got several torpedo hits on the token few ships trying to figure out where I was. Was ranked 4th from the top.

Yammy, some people are just stupid.  Last I recall, the Henri was considered to be only really good at being a long range kiter.  Some people will try to fight in in closer, but it is not as tanky as heavy cruisers such as the Hindy or Moskva.  The team mate you quoted is clearly one of those fools.

[WOLF5]
Members
3,407 posts
3,587 battles

"Why didn't you support me, AL?"

The CO who hid behind an island at the back of the map while me and a DD fought off half the enemy team in front of him. They finished us off, then killed him. 

He then whined, complained, and insulted the entire team for the rest of the match. Apparently because he was a navy vet he was a genius and the loss was completely our fault. He finished by saying that only ex-navy guys should be allowed to play WOWS.

Guess who was dead last on XP?

• Funny 1

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles
11 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

"Why didn't you support me, AL?"

The CO who hid behind an island at the back of the map while me and a DD fought off half the enemy team in front of him. They finished us off, then killed him. 

He then whined, complained, and insulted the entire team for the rest of the match. Apparently because he was a navy vet he was a genius and the loss was completely our fault. He finished by saying that only ex-navy guys should be allowed to play WOWS.

Guess who was dead last on XP?

Yesterday had a BB player on my team who accused me of being an island camping noob when I was playing the Helena as it's meant to be played. I patiently told him USN CLs rely a lot on island cover and usually aren't effective in the open. Not only did he refuse to thank me for the knowledge, he parked close behind me and fired at me. Fortunately shots only did about 3k damage. I guess that was his special way of saying thank you. 

I can't blame Flamu for his attitude because a lot of players in the game really represent the lower niche of intelligence / comprehension. Apart from that he is a really good player and his videos are very informative (NA's CCs are just as good though, though opinions sometimes differ). 

If you are bad and with an attitude, just shut up and be grateful your team has better players who might, MIGHT carry you to victory and clean up after you.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[RKLES]
Members
11,800 posts
13,379 battles

What was hilarious was having player on enemy team yelliong at me for half the battle and I am wondering which of the 4 kills and then other ships I had done significant damage to in my Graf Spee that batte. I have no clue if they were the smoked DD I sank, the BB I torpedoed, the DD that beached themselves I helped myself to, or one of the 2 CLs that stayed broadside to me... :cap_hmm:

Fun thing was after the more than colorful chat they had used excessively, the Moderators will likely be most displeased...  I like going to all the hassle or sending in a report ticket, instead of arguing  with players like that.

[KERN]
1,267 posts
6,698 battles
28 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

Yesterday had a BB player on my team who accused me of being an island camping noob when I was playing the Helena as it's meant to be played. I patiently told him USN CLs rely a lot on island cover and usually aren't effective in the open. Not only did he refuse to thank me for the knowledge, he parked close behind me and fired at me. Fortunately shots only did about 3k damage. I guess that was his special way of saying thank you.

I can kind of understand that, but in my case it's because earlier today I had four BBs hiding behind the same island while I murdered three dds and rammed to death a BB in front of them while they did nothing.  Can get frustrating.  Particularly when driving a Boise, which LWM is right to call the second worst Cruiser in tier.  But I like the Duca better, so I'll call it the worst cruiser in tier.

Do not buy Boise, or Nueve, no matter if you're feeling patriotic for Argentina or not.

[YORHA]
Members
4,767 posts
9,353 battles

My all time favorite:

Player: " STOP LOOKING AT MY SHIP"

Team: Huh?

Player: "STOP LOOKING AT MY SHIP.  EVERY TIME YOU DO MY GAME CRASHES"

Team:  "No it doesn't"

Player:  "YES IT DOES.  STOP LOOKING AT MY SHIP"

Hand to God.

• Funny 3

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

I had a pretty decent game in ARP Takao maybe 9 months back (90K, 3 kills, we win) in which a dead guy was complaining that I was obviously an idiot because I didn't have camo on.

• Funny 1

[KERN]
1,267 posts
6,698 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's the 42% guy that's the most vocal.

I'll contest this one, the guy in my first example was a 62%

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles
3 hours ago, thegreenbaron said:

I can kind of understand that, but in my case it's because earlier today I had four BBs hiding behind the same island while I murdered three dds and rammed to death a BB in front of them while they did nothing.  Can get frustrating.  Particularly when driving a Boise, which LWM is right to call the second worst Cruiser in tier.  But I like the Duca better, so I'll call it the worst cruiser in tier.

Do not buy Boise, or Nueve, no matter if you're feeling patriotic for Argentina or not.

Well last week I had a match where we had like a 2.5:1 numerical advantage over the enemy and could cap their base. I was at their base harassing the enemy ships, got focused on, and died. I checked mini-map and saw ALL except one of my team's battleships were STILL IN THE SPAWN! I asked them to move up and questioned them on why they'd play like that, when at that point in the battle they should be ON the front line supporting the smaller ships with their big guns, soaking up damage so the cruisers and destroyers don't have to do the dying. I was told to shut up, that I have no idea how to play the game. At the end of the battle I placed SECOND on the team with what I consider to be a very average or below average game. 73k damage, 2 kills, a completely mediocre game for me considering I was top tier. Only ONE BB on my team broke 1000 base EXP, he was the KGV that had the decency to support us cruisers and destroyers up front. The campers all got below 1000 base EXP, yet they thought I was the dumb one for asking them to push into the enemy and capitalize on the advantageous position.

[KERN]
1,267 posts
6,698 battles

Ok, I had a new one today, despite being in top 3 players in match, it was my fault the team lost because they hid and I did not.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,310 posts

Last night, in a tier 8/9/10 match on Mountain Range- in PVE.

1 cruiser player yolos into B and runs smack dab into 1/2 the bot team.  The others on his side see what's about to happen and go elsewhere.  He gets rolled instantly, and spends the entire rest of the match berating the rest of the team.  Screaming coward and everything else you can think of.

Other players respond with Lol- dead guy!  Mocking him every time he posted, and winding him up like a top.  He kept going on and on about how this is a Co-op match, and why are they acting like B%$&#@*, and hiding in the back. 

Truly sad part, is that every Co-op main knows about this map, and the bot tactics.  Both teams spawn out in open water with no cover between them.   Unless someone does something to change it, they form into 2 squads and charge the player team.   Those who over extend get flanked quickly, and have no cover from the focused fire coming their way.

And #2- the funny thing about bots, is that if you wait, they'll come to you!

This was noteworthy simply because it WAS a Co-op game.  I don't usually see people freaking out like this, lol.   It was entertaining to see just how mad the rest of the team could make him, lol.  Normally, I just mute these types, but this was just too good to miss, lol.

Members
729 posts
9,285 battles

After dodging my second or third spread:

"<player_name> you cheater, stop WASD hacking!"

[WOLF3]
Members
24,803 posts
21,848 battles
On 7/29/2018 at 3:46 PM, thegreenbaron said:

I'll contest this one, the guy in my first example was a 62%

I'll contest yours.  In my more matches played, it's the sh*ttiest player that tends to be vocal.

It actually gets pretty funny when you look, "Hey, that guy is a 42%'er, what's he talking about like he's an asset to his teams?"

When I see something like a 80+ Battles, 23% Scharnhorst recklessly YOLO into an ill-advised charge, get rekt, and then complain that nobody followed him in, it's grand.  GRAND I TELL YA!

Why is this high battle count, 40-something %, 26k Montana that got into a focus fire spot against 6 red ships, dies, and rants that nobody followed him in? :Smile_Default:

They're complaining about bad play when they themselves are the picture perfect example of bad play in this game!  It gets great because they don't even realize how bad they are :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
2,201 posts
5,008 battles
6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'll contest yours.  In my more matches played, it's the sh*ttiest player that tends to be vocal.

It actually gets pretty funny when you look, "Hey, that guy is a 42%'er, what's he talking about like he's an asset to his teams?"

When I see something like a 80+ Battles, 23% Scharnhorst recklessly YOLO into an ill-advised charge, get rekt, and then complain that nobody followed him in, it's grand.  GRAND I TELL YA!

They're complaining about bad play when they themselves are the picture perfect example of bad play in this game! :Smile_teethhappy:

And I also shake my head when I ask for a plan and people question the need for any plan. I said "having a decent plan greatly increases chances of victory." A lot of people still end up throwing their ships away, but had 2 matches 2 nights ago where we were down, but me and the few guys remaining alive towards the later stages, under my direction by calling out low HP targets, prioritizing enemies, going dark when necessary, and taking caps saved the day. In both matches I was hanging on a sliver of health, but managed to pull it off for the win. Sure helped that I carried a bit in both of those matches. First one was 3 kills, 110k+ damage and 2 cap assists, second one was 11k damage, 2 kills, a Confederate. There have been a couple of times where I was told to STFU for calling out low HP targets, and questioning why my team didn't go for them instead of dueling near full HP cruisers and battleships.

Edited by Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

[NWNG]
Members
3,056 posts
4,925 battles
23 minutes ago, Capt_Mexib said:

After dodging my second or third spread:

"<player_name> you cheater, stop WASD hacking!"

He could have said that in sarcasm, because I know I occasionally do.

Anyway here's one: "300 base xp on a carrier is great." Said player failed his way to tier 9 CV. It even went to all chat, and he tried to get the enemy team on his side, but he now had everyone laughing at his stupidity.

[NWNG]
Members
3,056 posts
4,925 battles
32 minutes ago, Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu said:

And I also shake my head when I ask for a plan and people question the need for any plan. I said "having a decent plan greatly increases chances of victory." A lot of people still end up throwing their ships away, but had 2 matches 2 nights ago where we were down, but me and the few guys remaining alive towards the later stages, under my direction by calling out low HP targets, prioritizing enemies, going dark when necessary, and taking caps saved the day. In both matches I was hanging on a sliver of health, but managed to pull it off for the win. Sure helped that I carried a bit in both of those matches. First one was 3 kills, 110k+ damage and 2 cap assists, second one was 11k damage, 2 kills, a Confederate. There have been a couple of times where I was told to STFU for calling out low HP targets, and questioning why my team didn't go for them instead of dueling near full HP cruisers and battleships.

I had a match where one player, by the name of Splatterdaysaint, who helped keep everyone positive. "Don't argue, that causes losses. Stay positive," etc. really fine fellow. Team won in the end, through what I like to believe to be a combination of his positive keeping, and my ragtag plan that I was making up as I went along. @Splatterdaysaint don't know if you come onto the forums or not, but THANK YOU!

Members
260 posts
5,782 battles

When I finally got my Yammy the very 1st shot I ever fired out of it was at a NC 24km away; 6 shells, hit 3 of them for citadels. He took just under 50k damage; it was a total luck shot. Y'all know how the yammy can be, shotgun one salvo & laser the next. The dude I hit LOST HIS MIND! The cap literally came off the salt shaker!! LOL 

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,302 battles

Someone once "reported" my Graf Spee for dev striking their broadside Omaha because of "aimbotting".