Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Humility925

Report on me due not good at aims.

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

15
[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

I tried to get better at aim, but it's more miss than hit, and when it's got hit, it's not much damage more than critical hits (very rare I got it, most case, I think it's a lucky shot rather than my skilled) 

I tried use ap to use a line on botton of hull between water and hull, little higher sometime, if full speed bb, then I use little more than 5 on line, then CA is 10 to 15, while destoryer is 15 to 20 but by time shell hit, destroyer just turn after shot.

No matter how many time battle I play, seem i couldn't get it high number of hit and critical as I see some player, I'm not sure how player got 100,000 to 300,000 damage every battle, very rare for me in battle 150,000 damage, most of time it's just 30,000 to 50,000 damage common, I play CV and not worry about aim, but very limited and taken long time while same time had to watch out of ca with high aa and enemies fighter that easy deny xp and credit. 

Anyway, too often I had player in chat said report on me? Because I keep missing a shoot? I did let them know I'm not good at aim.

Do I need to worry about anything? I'm not sure what report do or harm me, all because I'm not highly skilled aim player? 

Edited by Humility925

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,841
[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Don't worry about it Karma Reports are Worthless. 

Laugh at them when they say "I am Reporting you"

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
411 posts

Honestly it depends on your tier. In the higher tiers you are expected to have a good understanding of game mechanics. If you don't, be prepared for a rough time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

I had bought massachusetts due secondary cover my weakness but it's more often happen when I'm playing in tier 6 to 7 like Indianpolis (I used to live in that city) but most case people had no problem with me in cv unless I'm using saipan for some reason people don't like it, I found it is not that great because I'm doing 10,000 to 30,000 damage with saipan , unlike where is ranger (people who had no problem with me)  where I got 60,000 to 80,000 damage, a very strange people. I'm tired playing CV, too stressful for me with all fighter strafing or CA kill all plane too easy, can be not very fun and fair to play when come to strafing stuff and credit is very low and losing even doing a played well.

Mostly happen in tiers 6-7 in CA, BB or DD when I'm shooting and missing lots but people had no problem with me playing massachusette most of time, till there is few time, when I'm one of few last remain team, I keep shoot main gun but keep missing, they are anger at me said I should play lower tier bb, but I don't see lower bb with great range of secondary to cover my weakness that are aim.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,924 posts
7,591 battles
25 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

I tried use ap to use a line on botton of hull between water and hull, little higher sometime, if full speed bb, then I use little more than 5 on line, then CA is 10 to 15, while destoryer is 15 to 20 but by time shell hit, destroyer just turn after shot.

It sounds like you haven't yet learned the mechanics of shell travel time and how to lead based on that. First, go into your settings and make sure you are using the dynamic crosshair. Essentially you look at your shell travel time, and each tick on the aiming line is one second -- assuming the target is going 30knots. Watch the video below. It should be a required in-game tutorial for new players. My hit rate went up a lot after watching it. Doesn't work as well on wiggly DDs but for broadside BBs and cruisers, it's the best way to aim until it becomes more second nature. 

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[WOLF9]
Beta Testers
838 posts
1,970 battles

The reports for bad gameplay are worthless. It's not like karma really gets you anything of value. A few more reports/compliments aren't that big of a deal, to me anyway.

As for your aim, there are quite a few videos on Youtube that are worth watching to help you improve. A search will bring them up, and I've put a couple of links below to a couple that really helped me.

I really like the dynamic crosshair, but it's worth trying different crosshairs, as you might find one that really clicks with you and improves your aim. Watch some vids, hop in a training room or co-op and practice a bit.

 

Captain's Academy #25 - How to Aim and Lead Effectively with the Reticule

World of Warships - Dynamic Crosshair by Notser

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,114
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
24,847 posts
13,603 battles
35 minutes ago, KonigstigerVII said:

Honestly it depends on your tier. In the higher tiers you are expected to have a good understanding of game mechanics. If you don't, be prepared for a rough time.

 

This, I suggest dropping down to the three/four range and work on your skills there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,180
[PHASE]
Members
6,127 posts
19,357 battles
1 hour ago, Humility925 said:

I tried to get better at aim, but it's more miss than hit, and when it's got hit, it's not much damage more than critical hits (very rare I got it, most case, I think it's a lucky shot rather than my skilled) 

I tried use ap to use a line on botton of hull between water and hull, little higher sometime, if full speed bb, then I use little more than 5 on line, then CA is 10 to 15, while destoryer is 15 to 20 but by time shell hit, destroyer just turn after shot.

No matter how many time battle I play, seem i couldn't get it high number of hit and critical as I see some player, I'm not sure how player got 100,000 to 300,000 damage every battle, very rare for me in battle 150,000 damage, most of time it's just 30,000 to 50,000 damage common, I play CV and not worry about aim, but very limited and taken long time while same time had to watch out of ca with high aa and enemies fighter that easy deny xp and credit. 

Anyway, too often I had player in chat said report on me? Because I keep missing a shoot? I did let them know I'm not good at aim.

Do I need to worry about anything? I'm not sure what report do or harm me, all because I'm not highly skilled aim player? 

One thing you can do, is aim at the belt line. many ships you have to wait 30 seconds to shoot and when you do they miss or bounce...frustrating as heck. Aim for the super structure right where it meets the top of the hull. You may not get the monster hits but nailing someone for 10k is better than bouncing shells for two minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,307
[D-PN]
[D-PN]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
21,516 battles

@Humility925 You have bad aim and you bought a high tier BB and expect to magically be blessed with better aim. Go back to lower tiers and practice in co op until you get aiming down! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
670
[OSO]
Members
3,788 posts
1 hour ago, Humility925 said:

I tried to get better at aim, but it's more miss than hit, and when it's got hit, it's not much damage more than critical hits (very rare I got it, most case, I think it's a lucky shot rather than my skilled) 

I tried use ap to use a line on botton of hull between water and hull, little higher sometime, if full speed bb, then I use little more than 5 on line, then CA is 10 to 15, while destoryer is 15 to 20 but by time shell hit, destroyer just turn after shot.

No matter how many time battle I play, seem i couldn't get it high number of hit and critical as I see some player, I'm not sure how player got 100,000 to 300,000 damage every battle, very rare for me in battle 150,000 damage, most of time it's just 30,000 to 50,000 damage common, I play CV and not worry about aim, but very limited and taken long time while same time had to watch out of ca with high aa and enemies fighter that easy deny xp and credit. 

Anyway, too often I had player in chat said report on me? Because I keep missing a shoot? I did let them know I'm not good at aim.

Do I need to worry about anything? I'm not sure what report do or harm me, all because I'm not highly skilled aim player? 

Dont worry about it.  So they report you for playing poorly big deal.  So you loose a bit of karma.  The only thing you should be worried about is if they report you for missbehavior in chat.  That's the only one you really need to worry about.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[WOLFX]
Members
855 posts
4,082 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Wigglespank said:

The reports for bad gameplay are worthless. It's not like karma really gets you anything of value. A few more reports/compliments aren't that big of a deal, to me anyway.

As for your aim, there are quite a few videos on Youtube that are worth watching to help you improve. A search will bring them up, and I've put a couple of links below to a couple that really helped me.

I really like the dynamic crosshair, but it's worth trying different crosshairs, as you might find one that really clicks with you and improves your aim. Watch some vids, hop in a training room or co-op and practice a bit.

 

Captain's Academy #25 - How to Aim and Lead Effectively with the Reticule

World of Warships - Dynamic Crosshair by Notser

 

 

 

You need to change to Dynamic crosshair ASAP, that is what helped me greatly. In the short time it will throw off your aim, but once you get the hang of it you will see improvement greatly!

 

That Notser video is good!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
283
[TJRD]
Members
817 posts
4,887 battles

This is all I can think of when players "report" people.

2exdhs.jpg

Edited by Sir_Orrin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,993
[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,751 posts
24,989 battles

Got reported for playing a Worcester and getting 2700 XP... While it is annoying, it will do nothing else.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
535
[WAIFU]
Modder
1,212 posts
6,538 battles
7 hours ago, Humility925 said:

Do I need to worry about anything? I'm not sure what report do or harm me, all because I'm not highly skilled aim player? 

As other have mentioned, you do not have to worry about these reports. The karma system is not used for anything, so your karma score has no effect on anything.

You seem to be aware of your shortcomings in aiming, so I will say that you are on the right path. Practice will make you better. That video that was posted earlier can also help you. But in the end, it's really all about practice. Do not listen to these people complaining... People get very competitive in thise game and like to find a culprit for their own shortcomings. Try your best and keep a positive attitude and you'll get there.

As a side note, I recommend playing some cruisers. While the flight time of their shells is not the same, their higher rate of fire allows you to correct your aim more quickly and get used to aiming faster. Then, when you go back to BB, you will know more easily how to correct your aim. Anyway, good luck out there! :Smile_honoring:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
379
[KILL]
Members
800 posts
10,774 battles

I never go by the line to judge lead distance.   I honestly don't know how anyone uses it.     To me for aim, it's practice.   Learn the flight time of your shells and how long they take to reach the given distance. Then look at how fast the ship is moving through the water or how fast it's smoke is going to the back of the ship to get an idea of how fast it's moving then aim accordingly.  Waterline is good for cruisers, american bb over tier 7,  mainly just fire center mass for anything else since either they don;t have a citadel or it's so freaken huge you will clobber it anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
133
[-K_P-]
Members
366 posts
3,145 battles

Can't find a list of crosshair types, IIRC it was a type 11.  There are 2 or 3 almost the same with the exception of the line color, the crosshair is 6 lines (horizontal, vertical, and 2 angled lines going left to right and 2 others going right to left, all of them had marks at 5, 10, 15. 

--Aim by using the lines to match the direction the ship is traveling, with the intersection on the side the target is traveling (target moving left to right, cross hair needs to be on the right side).

--Place the target near the mark that matches the seconds of flight on your cross hair (if it say 9.7 sec, position center of ship near the 10 mark). 

--When shooting DDs, unless I can tell they are moving slow, I usually add 5 to the flight time.  There are a few cruisers you will also need to do this to also.  A couple of times the flight time was so long that the DD was off the side of the screen when I fired, luckily they were idiots traveling in a straight line, not paying attention to the targeted or incoming fire note on their screen.

Only way to improve your ability to aim, is the same as in real life, practice, practice, practice.  So get yourself a ship with really fast reload rate and start to rain hell on objects in Co-Op or Training mode.  Soon you will start to get a feel on when you need to add or subtract lead on a target.

Have Fun,

Rich C.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
650
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles

As long as I see you attempt to hit the enemy, I won't care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

Seem that Dynamic crosshair help great.

 

Thank you everyone, my aim is little lot better but still trouble trying to hit dd in bb and critical hits, do good player had to critical hits like 3 time at least every battle? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
650
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,357 posts
6,747 battles
5 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

Seem that Dynamic crosshair help great.

 

Thank you everyone, my aim is little lot better but still trouble trying to hit dd in bb and critical hits, do good player had to critical hits like 3 time at least every battle? 

Focus on hitting a target and ignore everything else. It all just comes with time. Now if you are within .5km, then you can try to aim at specific points of a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
168
[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
10,480 battles

lol...ah...don't worry about reports...

i reported people for misconduct and bad sportsmanship...nothing was done to them. 

black listed for ever know to me as "[edited]"....

lol 

so there are worst things than... your aim...just make sure you don't do that in the toilet... buwhaha ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
775
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator
2,705 posts
14,409 battles
47 minutes ago, Humility925 said:

Seem that Dynamic crosshair help great.

practice in Co-Op game??

if not, do lots of practice in Co-Op first, even try to take on dd at different distant ...... and it also teach you more about other game mechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×