Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
landedkiller

Is it possible to line split at tier 8 for the IJN BB’s?

7 comments in this topic

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
4,578 battles

I have made a topic similar to this and I think that there needs to be a way to introduce the Tosa class and some other IJN designs. I am of the opinion that a Kii class design could be used here. Tosa class tier 8, Kii Class Tier 9, Number 13 Class in Amagi layout with 457mm guns.  I think it would be a bit of a stretch, but it could be done. The split could be focused on  a close ranged brawling line while the mainline retains the long range snipe support.  I am fully aware that Kii is a premium ship seeing how few designs exist this is what I thought of. After reviewing the designs I am thinking this could be done as the first battleship that has torpedos at the higher tiers with good secondaries.

Members
113 posts
1,439 battles

They had 4 de facto classes of BB since Ise and Fuso were nearly identical. They don't need more when the US doesn't even have both North Carolina and South Dakota in the game, and also has no Alaska, and the British don't have the R class, or Renown, or Vanguard. They could both use more of a line split than Japan.

[OLDSK]
Beta Testers
425 posts
6,922 battles

Wait, isn't the Massachusetts a South Dakota class?  But that really doesn't matter, if the Tosa is brought in as part of a line split.  One, what ships are actually available to support the split?  And two, what ships would be left to provide for future  premium ships?  Not dissing' the idea, but asking for more critical thought on what's actually available in real life as opposed to making more purely fictional ships to fill out the proposed new line split.

[WOLF3]
Members
24,802 posts
21,848 battles
14 hours ago, 56Bravo said:

Wait, isn't the Massachusetts a South Dakota class?  But that really doesn't matter, if the Tosa is brought in as part of a line split.  One, what ships are actually available to support the split?  And two, what ships would be left to provide for future  premium ships?  Not dissing' the idea, but asking for more critical thought on what's actually available in real life as opposed to making more purely fictional ships to fill out the proposed new line split.

Almost all of the USN BB classes that sailed into combat in WWII are represented in the game.

Even Pennsylvania-class is represented by Arizona.

New Mexico-class is represented by NM herself.

Colorado-class is represented by CO herself.

South Dakota-class is represented by both 'Bama and MASS.

Iowa-class by Iowa and Missouri.

Even never completed Montana is in.

The only USN BB-class that sailed into combat in WWII that isn't in the game at all is the Tennessee-class.

USN BBs are in a very good spot IMO, in terms of game effectiveness (especially High TIer) and representation.

Premium USN BBs:  V Texas, VI Arizona, VIII Alabama, VIII Massachusetts are there for normal access.  IX Missouri got pulled for good.  IV Arkansas Beta is an exclusive for some of the old Beta players.

Premium IJN BBs:  IV Ishizuchi, VI Mutsu, VII Ashitaka, VIII Kii, IX Musashi

Premium RN BBs:  VI Warspite, VII Nelson, VII Duke of York

Premium French BBs:  VI Dunkerque, VIII Gascogne.  IX Jean Beart and some sort of X Super Alsace is inbound.

Premium RU BBs:  IV Imp.Nikolai I, V Red October

Premium Italian BBs:  V Caesar, VIII Roma

If I had my way, I'd say we need a new RN BB, not sure which one, but there's no shortage of historical ones.  I'd avoid a Premium Italian or RU BB so that WG would have free reign for their respective BB Lines' Tech Tree ships.  IJN & USN are well off for Premium BBs for the time being.

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
4,985 battles

Ise would be T7, Tosa at T8, Number 13 at T9, not sure what at T10 but probably alternate Yamato with 3x4 410mm guns.

I know it would make the lines inconsistent so move the Number 13 to Yamato line and Izumo to alternate line.

Edited by Swadian
  • Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,818 posts
4,361 battles

There's possibilities for at least 2 more line splits, with one becoming a "Fast" line and the other another standard line. There are some BB concepts I can't remember their project names that could fit at T6 and T7 of different lines.

Alternate "Fast" and "Slow" Lines
"Fast" Line:            

B-65 6x14" Variant

T7 Fast BB Concept

OR

WG Original

Amagi Kii-Class or Successor
(Modernized Variant)

Number 13
(8x460mm)

/         (Swapped)        
Original Line: Kawachi  —  Myogi  —  Kongou  —  Fusou  —  Nagato  —  Tosa  —  Izumo  —  Yamato
              |                
"Slow" Line:             Ise
(Fictional C Hull)

T7 Slow BB Concept

OR

Downgraded Kongou Replacement

T8 Kongou
Replacement Concept

A-140-J0 or J1 "Nelson Type"

OR

Upgraded Fujimoto 1930 Project
(3x3 AB-X)

A-140-J3
(12x 410mm)

|                

Single BBCV

Can branch to CV

[If Not Premium]

BBCV Hyuga

(As Premium or Line)

[Leads to CV Line]

Most all remaining fragments of possible BB options would mostly be variations of the Hiraga and Fujimoto Kongou replacement projects or variants of A140 and Yamato. Which means mostly T8-T10 Premiums, if at all, as various Hiraga/Fujimoto concepts alongside the A140 series variants are unique enough to make a few Premiums out of.

Sign in to follow this